Former colleague: O'Reilly DID lie

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Ex-CBS reporter says his former colleague Bill O'Reilly DID lie about his coverage of the Falklands and was 'SENT HOME for being disruptive'
  • Eric Engberg covered the Falklands War for CBS from Buenos Aires in 1982
  • Posted a lengthy message questioning O'Reilly's defense of his reporting
  • Claims broadcaster was a 'disruptive force' and 'ordered out' of Argentina
  • Fox News host blasted left-leaning Mother Jones on his show on Friday
  • Called journalist David Corn 'an irresponsible guttersnipe' and a 'liar'
  • Dispute comes a week after Brian Williams was kicked off the air
  • Engberg insists O'Reilly deserves the same scrutiny as the NBC star

In a 2004 column, O'Reilly said: 'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.'

Engberg also claims that during a late-night recap of the Argentina story, CBS bureau Larry Doyle chief told O'Reilly his senior colleague Bob Schieffer would be doing the segment instead.

Allegedly, he exploded, saying: 'I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man.'

The next day, he says O'Reilly was sent home.

WHAT BILL O'REILLY HAS SAID ABOUT HIS 'WAR ZONE' REPORTING
'I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't.' - On Hamptons TV in 2009

'You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands.' - in his 2001 book The No Spin Zone

'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.' - in 2004 column

'I missed [journalist Bill] Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him.' - on the O'Reilly Factor in 2008

'Rather than simply answer the question, O'Reilly began by trying to establish his own bona fides as a war correspondent. 'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'' - according to conservative journalist Tucker Carlson's 2003 book, recalling a panel on the media coverage of the Afghanistan War

Read more: CBS Eric Engberg says Bill O Reilly DID lie about Falklands coverage Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Its clear O'Reilly lied but Fox is not held to the same standards as news journalists so it doesn't really matter.

Ex-CBS reporter says his former colleague Bill O'Reilly DID lie about his coverage of the Falklands and was 'SENT HOME for being disruptive'
  • Eric Engberg covered the Falklands War for CBS from Buenos Aires in 1982
  • Posted a lengthy message questioning O'Reilly's defense of his reporting
  • Claims broadcaster was a 'disruptive force' and 'ordered out' of Argentina
  • Fox News host blasted left-leaning Mother Jones on his show on Friday
  • Called journalist David Corn 'an irresponsible guttersnipe' and a 'liar'
  • Dispute comes a week after Brian Williams was kicked off the air
  • Engberg insists O'Reilly deserves the same scrutiny as the NBC star

In a 2004 column, O'Reilly said: 'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.'

Engberg also claims that during a late-night recap of the Argentina story, CBS bureau Larry Doyle chief told O'Reilly his senior colleague Bob Schieffer would be doing the segment instead.

Allegedly, he exploded, saying: 'I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man.'

The next day, he says O'Reilly was sent home.

WHAT BILL O'REILLY HAS SAID ABOUT HIS 'WAR ZONE' REPORTING
'I've been there. That's really what separates me from most of these other bloviators. I bloviate, but I bloviate about stuff I've seen. They bloviate about stuff that they haven't.' - On Hamptons TV in 2009

'You know that I am not easily shocked. I've reported on the ground in active war zones from El Salvador to the Falklands.' - in his 2001 book The No Spin Zone

'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.' - in 2004 column

'I missed [journalist Bill] Moyers in the war zones of [the] Falkland conflict in Argentina, the Middle East, and Northern Ireland. I looked for Bill, but I didn't see him.' - on the O'Reilly Factor in 2008

'Rather than simply answer the question, O'Reilly began by trying to establish his own bona fides as a war correspondent. 'I've covered wars, okay? I've been there. The Falklands, Northern Ireland, the Middle East. I've almost been killed three times, okay.'' - according to conservative journalist Tucker Carlson's 2003 book, recalling a panel on the media coverage of the Afghanistan War

Read more: CBS Eric Engberg says Bill O Reilly DID lie about Falklands coverage Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Its clear O'Reilly lied but Fox is not held to the same standards as news journalists so it doesn't really matter.
I am wondering about your hate for FOX.

Were you sodomized by a clown working for a local Fox channel kiddy show?

Really, I remember when the people serving with Jon the traitor Kerry said he was lying about his time in Vietnam . and you on the left called THEM liars and came up with some stupid label that they were, swift boating that poor dear man Kerry

I mean they are going after BILL O'Reilly. what did you get your marching orders he needs to be destroyed like you all are doing with Guilinia ?

seriously. you really can only laugh at these people if they weren't so dangerous to all of us and our country

Billy boy had better come clean. There is a veteran organization that is calling for fox to take him off the air for awhile just like Williams. If he was NOT in the Falklands then he was indeed lying. No shock. This is going to be fun to watch him squirm, which he unduly deserves.

Billy boy had better come clean. There is a veteran organization that is calling for fox to take him off the air for awhile just like Williams. If he was NOT in the Falklands then he was indeed lying. No shock. This is going to be fun to watch him squirm, which he unduly deserves.

yeah I bet he's quacking in his boots. when haven't you fascist on the left been trying to get someone kicked off the air. take Rush as an example of you haters

Bill O Reilly s Former Colleague Calls Him Out For Fabrication Of Falklands War Story

Former CBS Reporter Eric Engberg has called Fox News talking head and well known Liar Bill O'Reilly out his latest lies regarding O'Reilly's "Reporting From Live Combat Zones".

"It was not a Combat Situation by any sense of the word I know," Engberg, a reporter with CBS for 26-Years. "[O'Reilly] is trying to build it up into a more frightening and deadly situation that it was."

Bill O had called out former NBC Anchor Brian Williams for lying about reports Williams had made while in New Orleans and in Afghanistan.

Williams has been suspended for his lying statements, Bill O remains at Fox, which believes that lying is part and parcel of their daily broadcasts.

Bill O had similar problems at an NBC Affiliate in San Francisco. Billy the Liar took credit for other reporters stories and was known to lie on the air.

Williams has been suspended and O'Lielly remains on the air.

Fox News, We Lie To You, and Your Dumb Enough To Believe It.

Don't forget to check your closet for any hiding Fox News reporters before bedtime

Reductio ad absurdum.

I see an interesting trend. I notice that when Brian Williams got caught, most of the left-leaning people condemned him. Now that "one of their own" is in the limelight for lack of journalistic ethics, the right jumps in to defend him. Interesting.

Forum List

Back