Former Classmate Of Both Candidates: 'Barack Will Smoke Romney' In Debates

When someone says they aren't worried and they are laughing - that usually means they're scared shitless. Just keep laughing until November 6...

Helloooooooooooooo! I didn't start this thread!

Nice try, but that is projection, honey, at it's finest!

(Notice he/she had NOTHING to say about the montage of Obama off teleprompter? BWAHAHAHA!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When someone says they aren't worried and they are laughing - that usually means they're scared shitless. Just keep laughing until November 6...

Helloooooooooooooo! I didn't start this thread!

Nice try, but that is projection, honey, at it's finest!

(Notice he/she had NOTHING to say about the montage of Obama off teleprompter? BWAHAHAHA!)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Apparently we have different thresholds of interest...

political-pictures-sarah-palin-john-mccain-look-shiny-object.jpg

By Sabrina Siddiqui

Sidney Barthwell, perhaps the only former classmate of both Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama, thinks the former Massachusetts governor doesn't stand a chance when facing the incumbent president in debates prior to their November electoral contest.

“When they debate, Barack will smoke Romney,” Barthwell, a district court magistrate in Michigan, said in an interview published by The Daily on Tuesday.

"Mitt Romney is smart,” he continued. “Having said all that, I still think he’s going to get smoked. The best he can do is hopefully come out not looking like a fool. Mitt will find out the hard way as soon as they have their first debate: You don’t debate Obama.”

Barthwell, 64, was the only black member of Romney's 1965 class at Cranbrook Schools and later attended Harvard Law School with Obama. He identifies himself as being politically independent, has donated money to both campaigns and has "tremendous respect" for both men, he said.

But whereas Obama struck Barthwell as "brilliant" at Harvard -- where the two became friendly while working together for the Black Law Student Association -- he recalled Romney's years at Cranbrook as nothing to write home about. "Mitt was not particularly popular. He was very, very ordinary."

More: Sidney Barthwell, Former Classmate, Predicts Trouble For Romney When Debating Obama

Go figure. An Obama supporter supporting Obama. Cant imagine there is any bias at all in his prediction...

That sums it up quite well. I am highly entertained by what some leftists will cling to in their desire to convince themselves that their messiah ain't in trouble. :lol:

I laugh at your unquestioning acceptance of whatever bullshit your chosen media tell you. Because it's funny. I know you have the intellect to see past the bullshit but you choose not to... and I find that pathetic and cowardly.

I laugh at your unquestioning acceptance of whatever bullshit your chosen media tell you. Because it's funny. I know you have the intellect to see past the bullshit but you choose not to... and I find that pathetic and cowardly.

I assure you that the feeling is mutual.

By Sabrina Siddiqui

Sidney Barthwell, perhaps the only former classmate of both Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama, thinks the former Massachusetts governor doesn't stand a chance when facing the incumbent president in debates prior to their November electoral contest.

“When they debate, Barack will smoke Romney,” Barthwell, a district court magistrate in Michigan, said in an interview published by The Daily on Tuesday.

"Mitt Romney is smart,” he continued. “Having said all that, I still think he’s going to get smoked. The best he can do is hopefully come out not looking like a fool. Mitt will find out the hard way as soon as they have their first debate: You don’t debate Obama.”

Barthwell, 64, was the only black member of Romney's 1965 class at Cranbrook Schools and later attended Harvard Law School with Obama. He identifies himself as being politically independent, has donated money to both campaigns and has "tremendous respect" for both men, he said.

But whereas Obama struck Barthwell as "brilliant" at Harvard -- where the two became friendly while working together for the Black Law Student Association -- he recalled Romney's years at Cranbrook as nothing to write home about. "Mitt was not particularly popular. He was very, very ordinary."

More: Sidney Barthwell, Former Classmate, Predicts Trouble For Romney When Debating Obama

Obama has debated Hillary many times and she is one of the best. Romney isn't going to know what hit him.. McCain beat him up in debates for goodness sake.

Romney held his own against McCain, but that isn't saying much. He will hold his own against Obama, but he won't dazzle. Obama can dazzle; whether he does or not is left to be seen.

According to the polls, the "Messiah" ain't in trouble at the present time.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

It's May, polls don't really tell anyone with a brain anything of relevance in May. Who are you trying to convince? Yourself or the rest of us?

You seem edgy. Did you just get home from work...a bar...or both?

I seem to be hitting a nerve or two with you, no more, no less.

Obama has debated Hillary many times and she is one of the best. Romney isn't going to know what hit him.. McCain beat him up in debates for goodness sake.

Romney held his own against McCain, but that isn't saying much. He will hold his own against Obama, but he won't dazzle. Obama can dazzle; whether he does or not is left to be seen.

I find it curious that people are more concerned with the words of a politician than the actions of said politicians. Talking is not overly complicated... even an idiot can do that. What matters is substance. And Obama fails on substance.

Once Romney starts in on Obama's record Obama is going to have to lie or stand mute. These debates may be awful one sided..

Yup. Once Romney starts in on Barrys oh so lousy record, and lord knows he's got tons of ammo there, Barry will be on the defensive.

He can talk about UBL his one of few positives but that won't take much time.

I think Romney will do quite well in the debates and Barry will be the one scrambling for answers.

Aside from being President when our Seals killed Osama Bin Laden, what exactly in Obama's record is "damned good"?

Got us out of Iraq, passed Obamacare, passed the Lilly Ledbetter ( sic? ) act, 20+ months straight of private sector job growth, "saved" GM, the "intervention in Libya, Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act, The Credit card bill of Rights, $290 billion in Making Work Pay tax cuts, Tax credits for Health Insurance, added 4.6 billion to the Veterans Administration budget, Increased funding to national parks and forests by 10%, established the Consumer Finacial protection Bereau and appointed the first Latina to the supreme court in US history to name a few.

Now some of those things you might disagree with, as you are well within your rights to do, but to pretend as so many do on this board that his record is one of failure is just dishonest. The man has worked diligently to get his agenda through. Hes had numerouses successes.

Now take the Republican "obstructionism" and look at that the same way. Is it obstructionism to fight what you disagree with? Is that "obstructionism" not just a tactic to prevent going down a road they dont wish the country to go down?

If looked at in that sense, the so called obstuctionism is actually Republican victories. I disagree with their policies but one has to recognize the successes and failures of both sides if one is to remain honest.

His two biggest accomplishments are the failed Stimulus and Obamacare where polls show consistently that a large majority of American want it over turned. In no way can those two failed accomplishments be claimed as good or helpful to the nation.

Absolutely incorrect. Many people want the mandate overturned but when they take a look at the rest of the Affordable Care Act, the overwhelming majority agree with it.

And just wait till August when the Health Insurance companies send out the refund checks, Obamas numbers will get a big jump then as well. It should wear off by November but watch for the early August spike.

His supreme court nominations are almost criminal in the future harm they will do to this country. His entire presidency has been interlaced with dishonesty and under the table tactics because he has been too afraid to be honest with the American people about the things that he has done and how they were accomplished. Obama has been the most crooked president since Nixon. Hopefully, someday he will pay for his dishonesty to the American people. He is a world-wide embarrassment to our country.

In reality, Obamas administration has been one of the most transparent in history. Not as transparent as we hoped and he promised but far more transparent than any president since Carter for sure.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US war dead media blackout lifted

Visitor Access Records | The White House

Recovery.gov - Tracking the Money

OHHHH he's BLACK! Well I can certainly understand his outlook.

How many white Mormons can we get to say that Romney will smoke obama in the debates?

In reality, Obamas administration has been one of the most transparent in history. Not as transparent as we hoped and he promised but far more transparent than any president since Carter for sure.

BBC NEWS | Americas | US war dead media blackout lifted

Visitor Access Records | The White House

Recovery.gov - Tracking the Money

are you high?

Small Group Now Leads Closed-Door Reform Negotiations
Three months before he was elected president, Barack Obama vowed not only to reform health care but also to pass the legislation in an unprecedented way.

"I'm going to have all the negotiations around a big table," he said at an appearance in Chester, Va., repeating an assertion he made many times. He said the discussions would be "televised on C-SPAN, so that people can see who is making arguments on behalf of their constituents and who are making arguments on behalf of the drug companies or the insurance companies."

But now, as a Senate vote on health-care legislation nears, those negotiations are occurring in a setting that is anything but revolutionary in Washington: Three senators are working on the bill behind closed doors.

Major lawsuit exposes the myth of Obama transparency: Media groups - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com
A top non-profit, public-interest watchdog group is being assisted by several major news organizations in exposing the myth of the Obama administration's transparency, according to a statement released on May 25. During his campaign for the White House, President Barack Obama promised he would run the most "transparent White House" in history, but many no longer believe the 2008 campaign promises, say administration critics.

By Sabrina Siddiqui

Judging from his primary debates, I have to agree with you. Romney doesn't comes across very well in the debates and he's not very popular, not even in his own party. The same charisma Obama showed in 2008 is still there. The polls show voters like him much more than they like his policies and that's why he's going to beat Romney.

Forum List

Back