Former CIA Director Says Trump Is Afraid of Putin and That Russia Might Have Leverage Over President

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Hilarious if true.

Former CIA director thinks Trump is afraid of Putin

The former director of the CIA said Wednesday he thinks Russian President Vladimir Putin might have some kind of leverage over President Donald Trump that leaves the U.S. leader scared when the two interact.

Former CIA Director John Brennan's statement came just after Trump reportedly congratulated Putin in a phone call on his election win—in what is largely considered a sham election—despite a note from his national security advisers that read, in all caps, "DO NOT CONGRATULATE."

"I think he is afraid of the president of Russia," Brennan said on MSNBC's Morning Joe. "One could speculate as to why. The Russians may have something on him personally that they could always roll out and make his life more difficult. Clearly, I think it’s important for us to improve relations with Russia, but the fact that he has had this fawning attitude toward Mr. Putin, has not said anything negative about him, I think continues to say to me that he does have something to fear and something very serious to fear."

Well, considering that any other president prior to Trump would have called out Putin for the nerve agent attack in Britain and he didn't, well................it kinda points to Putin having something really good on Trump.

Britain has been our closest and strongest ally. He should have said something about the attack.

Hilarious if true.

The former director of the CIA said Wednesday he thinks Russian President Vladimir Putin might have some kind of leverage over President Donald Trump that leaves the U.S. leader scared when the two interact.

Former CIA Director John Brennan's statement came just after Trump reportedly congratulated Putin in a phone call on his election win—in what is largely considered a sham election—despite a note from his national security advisers that read, in all caps, "DO NOT CONGRATULATE."

"I think he is afraid of the president of Russia," Brennan said on MSNBC's Morning Joe. "One could speculate as to why. The Russians may have something on him personally that they could always roll out and make his life more difficult. Clearly, I think it’s important for us to improve relations with Russia, but the fact that he has had this fawning attitude toward Mr. Putin, has not said anything negative about him, I think continues to say to me that he does have something to fear and something very serious to fear."
Brennan is losing it, imo.
BUT it made me think of something: The spokesman for Putin made a statement mentioning that Trump hadn't called to congratulate him yet...

MOSCOW, March 20. /TASS/. The absence of any congratulatory message from US President Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin on his re-election victory is not an unfriendly move, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the media, adding it would make sense "to sleep on it."

"This should not be regarded as an unfriendly step. Putin remains open to normalizing relations with our US partners, where it is of interest and crucial. The president has been getting many congratulatory messages from foreign leaders. Some may be unable to make a phone call due to a tight schedule, and others, for a different reason. There is no reason to make a mountain out of a molehill about anything here. Lastly, there is a good old saying: ‘Sleep on it’," Peskov noted.

Kremlin comments on Trump’s failure to congratulate Putin on re-election victory

To me, that was a very strange message---code, more like, and perhaps a veiled threat. And who called the next day?

Sigh. . . . Wow. . . . Did you miss the news that Trump just imposed more sanctions on Russia? Did you miss the news that he extended all the sanctions that Obama imposed on Russia? Did you notice that he refused to exempt Russian steel from the steel tariff of 25%? Did you miss the news that Trump's State Department has cost the Russians billions of dollars in lost arms deals by pressuring potential buyers? Did you see Trump condemn Russia's actions in Syria in front of the whole world during his press conference with the Australian prime minister two weeks ago? So, gee, whatever "leverage" Putin supposedly has on Trump doesn't seem to be doing him any good.

I knew he was afraid of Putin when our Military killed
200 of their mercenaries in Syria.

I noticed also that the Russians did not respond to our attack

Brennan is a left wing knuttjob and that is why Obama chose him.
His opinion is worthless.

obam putinmmmmm.jpg

Sigh. . . . Wow. . . . Did you miss the news that Trump just imposed more sanctions on Russia? Did you miss the news that he extended all the sanctions that Obama imposed on Russia? Did you notice that he refused to exempt Russian steel from the steel tariff of 25%? Did you miss the news that Trump's State Department has cost the Russians billions of dollars in lost arms deals by pressuring potential buyers? Did you see Trump condemn Russia's actions in Syria in front of the whole world during his press conference with the Australian prime minister two weeks ago? So, gee, whatever "leverage" Putin supposedly has on Trump doesn't seem to be doing him any good.

You mean he finally imposed the sanctions on Russia that were voted on to be imposed on Russia a couple of months ago by Congress? Those sanctions?

Hilarious if true.

BUT it made me think of something: The spokesman for Putin made a statement mentioning that Trump hadn't called to congratulate him yet...

MOSCOW, March 20. /TASS/. The absence of any congratulatory message from US President Donald Trump to Vladimir Putin on his re-election victory is not an unfriendly move, Kremlin Spokesman Dmitry Peskov told the media, adding it would make sense "to sleep on it."

"This should not be regarded as an unfriendly step. Putin remains open to normalizing relations with our US partners, where it is of interest and crucial. The president has been getting many congratulatory messages from foreign leaders. Some may be unable to make a phone call due to a tight schedule, and others, for a different reason. There is no reason to make a mountain out of a molehill about anything here. Lastly, there is a good old saying: ‘Sleep on it’," Peskov noted.

Kremlin comments on Trump’s failure to congratulate Putin on re-election victory

To me, that was a very strange message---code, more like, and perhaps a veiled threat. And who called the next day?
Trump was warned not to congratulate Putin. He did it anyway

Hilarious if true.

Trump was warned not to congratulate Putin. He did it anyway

Warned ,lol

At best it was a suggestion.
Trump's his own man. Get used to it.

You mean he finally imposed the sanctions on Russia that were voted on to be imposed on Russia a couple of months ago by Congress? Those sanctions?

You're avoiding the point. And, no, I'm talking about a new set of sanctions that Trump just imposed on Russia barely a week ago, plus the ones that he had already extended. Did your news sources not mention that bit of major news?

By the way, did you guys bash Obama when he congratulated Putin for winning reelection? Did you object when Obama was caught with a live mic telling Medvedev that he'd be more "flexible," especially on missile defense, after the 2012 election? And why aren't you screaming about the fact that the DNC and Hillary used Russian-fed lies about Trump to attack him?

Does it matter to anyone what the crazy former CIA director thinks? Is it true that Brennan was afraid of polygraph tests because he once advocated the violent overthrow of the government?

Well, considering that any other president prior to Trump would have called out Putin for the nerve agent attack in Britain and he didn't, well................it kinda points to Putin having something really good on Trump.

Britain has been our closest and strongest ally. He should have said something about the attack.

What part of Trump saying Russia is the likely perpetrator did you miss?

trump calls out russia for nerve gas attack - Google Search

Merkel and Macron among others offered congratulations as well.

And Brennan has gone totally koo koo bye bye. Son of a bitch should be in an orange jumpsuit for all the shit he pulled.

It's financial. Due to bankruptcy's, the Trump Organization's only sources for funding (borrowing) are Russia, Cyprus (Russian money laundering) and Deutsche Bank (Russian money laundering).

Forum List

Back