Former CafeMom Members?

"No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site."

Closed

Never understood that rule; it doesn't hurt this board, and in fact encourages cross traffic from these smaller boards to here, for one, like having an open door between a coffee shop and a bookstore or something. Some people like to find out where their friends went when a board closes, or has a purge or something.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. That site closed down in May and there were thousands of members.....all women I might add.....and we were all scrambling to find another site to join Someone posted this site, so I joined it. At first, I didn't realize it also had men who were members, but after I went through some groups, realized that might be a good thing.....different point of view, and all that. I was just trying to find some of the member of CafeMom to see if they were here.
"No Linking to, discussing, or promoting other Message Boards Anywhere on the Site."

Closed

Never understood that rule; it doesn't hurt this board, and in fact encourages cross traffic from these smaller boards to here, for one, like having an open door between a coffee shop and a bookstore or something. Some people like to find out where their friends went when a board closes, or has a purge or something.
Were they women of virtue or vice?

We wont know until we find out her political leanings.

I'm very liberal, but many in the CafeMom group weren't. We all got set adrift with only a weeks notice. There are some spinoff sites that have been created for us, but none of them are as interesting as this one. I got a friend from there to join here but I won't reveal her SN. You'll all probably figure out who she is very shortly because she's just like me.

I wish we could "friend" members here like we could on CM, and that would allow us to track our friend's posts, but there's probably no way to do that. I'm still fairly new here, so am still learning about this site.

Closed

Thanks. That's what I was hoping for. That site closed down in May and there were thousands of members.....all women I might add.....and we were all scrambling to find another site to join Someone posted this site, so I joined it. At first, I didn't realize it also had men who were members, but after I went through some groups, realized that might be a good thing.....different point of view, and all that. I was just trying to find some of the member of CafeMom to see if they were here.

Closed

You can follow a poster on this site.

I wish we could "friend" members here like we could on CM, and that would allow us to track our friend's posts, but there's probably no way to do that. I'm still fairly new here, so am still learning about this site.

There is a ' People You Follow' function, which is probably the same sort of thing.

Closed

Closed

I'm very liberal, but many in the CafeMom group weren't. We all got set adrift with only a weeks notice. There are some spinoff sites that have been created for us, but none of them are as interesting as this one. I got a friend from there to join here but I won't reveal her SN. You'll all probably figure out who she is very shortly because she's just like me.

Closed

Closed

Just follow that person.

You are being helped by men, just saying....

That wasn't my rule, it was the rule of that particular site, hence the name CafeMom. Beside the political group, I doubt any man would be interested in any of the others. I seriously doubt any men would want to hear about women's female problems, or breastfeeding. There was a lot of stepmoms with problems with their stepkids and the mothers of the kids, which not many men would be interested in.
You are being helped by men, just saying....

You can "follow" each other. There's a place in your profile for all the people you follow and people who follow you. To get alerts on their postings once you follow them -- you MIGHT have to check a box or two in your "alert settings".

Welcome. Contact mod staff anytime with questions or problems. The names of Mods signed in are on the front page. To have private conversions, just click on someones icon and in the pop-up choose "start a conversation". Add in others as you like. That way you "refugees" can have your own social space.

Welcome to USMB. Not responsible for any addictions that result from you finding us.

Forum List

Back