Former AG Makes Good Case that Russian Hacking Was Not Meant to Elect Trump

Yeah and 1000s of people jaywalk everyday breaking the law getting away Scott free... I feel like we are going in circles

Yup, no telling how many of those jaywalkers are jeopardizing national security.
Whose to say Clinton jeoprodized national security? Do you know what classified intel was found in those 3 emails?

No afraid not, but when the email is marked "Confidential Top Secret" that would be an indicator.
And the FBI knows exactly what the confidential top secret info was, who marked it classified and when/how it was communicated. You don’t know any of that. But the guys that saw it all and investigated it deemed her innocent of criminal charges. I’ll take their word over yours... sorry
Wasn't it the FBI who changed the wording from Gross Negligence to Extremely Careless. I don't think I would take their word for it, unless I was as partisan as they were.
Wait hold up.... somebody changed the words of a draft document?! Holy shit. That’s crazy!!! SHAME!!!

Yup, no telling how many of those jaywalkers are jeopardizing national security.
Whose to say Clinton jeoprodized national security? Do you know what classified intel was found in those 3 emails?

No afraid not, but when the email is marked "Confidential Top Secret" that would be an indicator.
And the FBI knows exactly what the confidential top secret info was, who marked it classified and when/how it was communicated. You don’t know any of that. But the guys that saw it all and investigated it deemed her innocent of criminal charges. I’ll take their word over yours... sorry
Wasn't it the FBI who changed the wording from Gross Negligence to Extremely Careless. I don't think I would take their word for it, unless I was as partisan as they were.
Wait hold up.... somebody changed the words of a draft document?! Holy shit. That’s crazy!!! SHAME!!!
Dude, Comey is the MAN he put down Grossly Negligent and Strzok (not the MAN) changed it to Extremely Careless. Now you can look like a partisan dupe if you want,
but you will be called out on it.

You don’t know that... and before you yell outrage perhaps you should figure out what exactly it is.

Do you believe that government officials should be able to do whatever they like with classified material?

I happen to think that government officials have a duty to protect the country by protecting classified materials. And if said officials breach that duty, they should be prosecuted.

Who is to say that one doesn't "innocently" transmit such materials as a way to assist a foreign intelligence agency and then have the excuse that "they didn't intend to do anything bad" in the unlikely event that they got caught?

Dude, Comey is the MAN he put down Grossly Negligent and Strzok (not the MAN) changed it to Extremely Careless. Now you can look like a partisan dupe if you want,
Really? And Comey THE MAN had no say in the wording change? Sounds like you were in the room during that meeting. Please enlighten us on how it went.

Nope. Hillary 100% broke the law, multiple times, and skated. HIgh-level corruption is able to flourish at the highest levels of government thanks to the support of guys like you.
Yeah and 1000s of people jaywalk everyday breaking the law getting away Scott free... I feel like we are going in circles

No kidding....the ones "vacationing" in D.C. answering questions from congress?

You don’t know that... and before you yell outrage perhaps you should figure out what exactly it is.

Do you believe that government officials should be able to do whatever they like with classified material?

I happen to think that government officials have a duty to protect the country by protecting classified materials. And if said officials breach that duty, they should be prosecuted.

Who is to say that one doesn't "innocently" transmit such materials as a way to assist a foreign intelligence agency and then have the excuse that "they didn't intend to do anything bad" in the unlikely event that they got caught?

I didn't say that.

I agree with you. But the actual material along with the way it was compromised matters. Those details matter when determining criminality

And Comey accepted that change. Undoubtedly, Comey knew the consequences of what he originally wrote and he knew the consequences for Hillary when he agreed to accept Strzok's change.

Here is what I think.

Comey thought Hillary was going to win the election. He knew that, even if he recommended prosecution, Loretta Lynch was NOT going to indict Hillary. Therefore Comey, who wanted to protect his own career, played ball by coming up with the absurd excuse that "no reasonable prosecutor" would prosecute Hillary.

Really? And Comey THE MAN had no say in the wording change? Sounds like you were in the room during that meeting. Please enlighten us on how it went.
Why don't you follow the news, dude? You would be informed on this. I can't fix stupid or ignorance for you.
You really sound.....not going to say it.

And Comey accepted that change. Undoubtedly, Comey knew the consequences of what he originally wrote and he knew the consequences for Hillary when he agreed to accept Strzok's change.

Here is what I think.

Comey thought Hillary was going to win the election. He knew that, even if he recommended prosecution, Loretta Lynch was NOT going to indict Hillary. Therefore Comey, who wanted to protect his own career, played ball by coming up with the absurd excuse that "no reasonable prosecutor" would prosecute Hillary.
Ask yourself why did he accept the change....if he did? Big difference between the two. You know it was all political regardless what Slade thinks. The FBI flipped for bias.
Would they have done that if it was Trump? Be truthful.

Yeah, just keep your head firmly lodged where you've had it for the last couple of years.

Here is what I think.

Ask yourself why did he accept the change....if he did? Big difference between the two. You know it was all political regardless what Slade thinks. The FBI flipped for bias.
They changed it because using “gross negligence” wouldn’t support their decision to not prosecute. They had to change it. It’s not rocket science

Here is what I think.

They changed it because using “gross negligence” wouldn’t support their decision to not prosecute. They had to change it. It’s not rocket science
"Their decision", it wasn't supposed to be their decision. They investigate and report the evidence, Comey deemed it gross negligence, then overstepped his authority and wouldn't prosecute. Geeze, if it warranted gross negligence which in his opinion it did, then it should have had the legs to stand on as is and let the chips fall. Like I said, they wouldn't have done this if Trump was in hillary's shoes.

Former Attorney General Michael Mukasey recently wrote an editorial for the Wall Street Journal that made some very logical arguments to support the idea that the Russian hacking and leaking was not meant to elect Trump but was meant to serve as a warning to Hillary. Mukasey argues, probably correctly, that the Russians, like most everyone else, believed that Hillary was going to win. Therefore, says Mukasey, they meddled and leaked in order to warn Hillary that they might have her e-mails, including some/all of her missing e-mails. An excerpt:

“Consider the Justice Department inspector general's report on the FBI investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of an unauthorized and vulnerable email server,” Mukasey wrote. “It found that the bureau had concluded the server could well have been penetrated without detection. Recall also that some of the people hacked by GRU [Russia’s military intelligence agency] agents were aware of that server and mentioned it in messages they sent, so that the Russians too were aware of it.”

Mukasey added: “There are some 30,000 emails that Mrs. Clinton did not turn over, on the claim that they were personal and involved such trivia as yoga routines and Chelsea's wedding. If they instead contained damaging information -- say, regarding Clinton Foundation fundraising -- the new president would have taken office in the shadow of a sword dangling from a string held by the Russians.”

Pointing to the indictment last week of 12 GRU agents, the former attorney general also suggested that Putin wanted U.S. intelligence services to discover Russian meddling in the election -- and that if he really wanted agents from Moscow to go undetected he would have used a far more capable source than the former Russian “special-forces types” that make up GRU. (Russian meddling in election meant as 'warning' to Clinton, former AG says)​

This makes a lot of sense.
Putin upon hearing the election results said, "Holly Shit, we got that idiot elected."

Here is what I think.

"Their decision", it wasn't supposed to be their decision. They investigate and report the evidence, Comey deemed it gross negligence, then overstepped his authority and wouldn't prosecute. Geeze, if it warranted gross negligence which in his opinion it did, then it should have had the legs to stand on as is and let the chips fall. Like I said, they wouldn't have done this if Trump was in hillary's shoes.
You obviously don’t respect his decisions except as it seems when they align with yours. Fact is you don’t know when he wrote the draft or what the reasons were for using the words he used. You seem to have no problems filling in the blanks though.

Yes, they investigate and gather evidence and then make recommendations to the DOJ. The unorthodox element here was the public statement which was pretty damning for Clinton don’t you think?

Comey accepted the change because he valued his career.

It's obvious that Comey, McCabe, Strzok and Page were all partisan FBI employees that were eager to protect Hillary and who were/are eager to railroad Trump. That's my opinion. And even though Trump appointed them, I am not certain that Sessions, Rosenstein or Wray are completely impartial either. In fact, their actions indicate otherwise.

It seems they decided not to prosecute long before they were even deep into the "investigation".

It seems they decided not to prosecute long before they were even deep into the "investigation".
What makes you think that? From the sound of that first draft it appears they were leaning on the prosecute side of things

Forum List

Back