Formal Debate Forum Poll

Do you favor a Formal Debate Forum on USMB?

• Yes.

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Yes, but with a different structure. (Please explain.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not care.

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
☭proletarian☭;1982826 said:
When the thread about a formal forum can't go 3 whole pages without turning into a flame war, I have little hope for such a forum. :eusa_eh:
If the denial of access to a thread in the "1 on 1 debates" forum is made automatic, the probability of a thread there turning into a flame war will decrease. The flames wars could and almost certainly would continue as usual in the Challenges and the Kibitzers threads. These would be unrestricted...and it is easy to see what happens when adolescent, shit-headed, foul-mouth fuckwits go unrestricted.
What eva braun means is she hopes she can get away with saying inane and stupid shit without being mocked and laughed at, as usually happens on the board.

There is little point , the left wing are fact proof, the ring wing are sick of it.
How about a option to actually vaporize a city the offending poster is in ?

Last edited:
I posted on a board once where certain posters were offered mod abilities for just a specific sub forum.

In a debate forum, you wouldn't necessarily have to use the mods that are already employed on here.

Anyone seriously interested in this forum could lobby to have mod powers for just that forum only, if they wanted to.

I'm not really interested in a debate forum, so I'm just sayin...

I posted on a board once where certain posters were offered mod abilities for just a specific sub forum.

In a debate forum, you wouldn't necessarily have to use the mods that are already employed on here.

Anyone seriously interested in this forum could lobby to have mod powers for just that forum only, if they wanted to.

yeah, with how badly you take losing...that would suck.

*wink

☭proletarian☭;1982826 said:
When the thread about a formal forum can't go 3 whole pages without turning into a flame war, I have little hope for such a forum. :eusa_eh:
If the denial of access to a thread in the "1 on 1 debates" forum is made automatic, the probability of a thread there turning into a flame war will decrease. The flames wars could and almost certainly would continue as usual in the Challenges and the Kibitzers threads. These would be unrestricted...and it is easy to see what happens when adolescent, shit-headed, foul-mouth fuckwits go unrestricted.
What eva braun means is she hopes she can get away with saying inane and stupid shit without being mocked and laughed at, as usually happens on the board.
In case you missed it, genius, you can do all the mocking and laughing you want in a parallel thread of the same title in the Kibitzers sub-forum. There is nothing to stop you from copying a post from the debate forum, pasting it in the Kibitzer's forum inside some quote commands and then posting your idiotic criticisms and mockery in reply. Well, I say there's nothing stopping you. I should say that there's nothing stopping a competent person from doing it. You seem incompetent in more ways than one.

Last edited:

yeah, with how badly you take losing...that would suck.

*wink

Dev I would debate you any fucking day of the week and twice on sunday.

I haven't seen you win an argument YET on this board. You most CERTAINLY have never bested ME.

Everyone here fucking knows this, too. :thup:

i wish the mods would delete every post that was a logical fallacy. even though it would remove 90% of the posts, it would really clean up the board

i wish the mods would delete every post that was a logical fallacy. even though it would remove 90% of the posts, it would really clean up the board
That would require more effort than adding another forum or three. Besides, logical fallacies constitute errors to be noticed in judging a debate, whether the judging has any official consequences or is merely a personal evaluation.

In case you missed it, genius, you can do all the mocking and laughing you want in a parallel thread of the same title in the Kibitzers sub-forum. There is nothing to stop you from copying a post from the debate forum, pasting it in the Kibitzer's forum inside some quote commands and then posting your idiotic criticisms and mockery in reply. Well, I say there's nothing stopping you. I should say that there's nothing stopping a competent person from doing it. You seem incompetent in more ways than one.

You obviously missed the purpose of this entire forum Eva, its called 'free speech.'

Narrow minded douchebags like you always try and put rules and limits on what people say in do, its seems ingrained in your pea brain to try and tell others how to do this or that.

You obviously missed the purpose of this entire forum Eva, its called 'free speech.'

Narrow minded douchebags like you always try and put rules and limits on what people say in do, its seems ingrained in your pea brain to try and tell others how to do this or that.

You are simply too stupid to realize that limiting your ability to interrupt a conversation on one forum does not limit your free speech privileges here. Free speech is somewhat limited in real life and it doesn't hurt you at all. You would be free to post in the one-on-one forum....provided you could find some other poster stupid enough to agree to debate your inadequate ass. If by some miracle you are ever able to do so, I would not be permitted to interrupt.

You would be no more limited than any other member of USMB.

Your argument fails...miserably.

...that Xenophon could never win a real debate. That's why Xenophon is against the idea of a restricted forum.

Xenophon is inadequate. It is somewhat amazing that he realizes it. Kudos to Xenophon for recognizing his shortcomings. :clap2:

It would be breathe of fresh air to be in, or at least to view a serious debate between honest players.

You are simply too stupid to realize that limiting your ability to interrupt a conversation on one forum does not limit your free speech privileges here. Free speech is somewhat limited in real life and it doesn't hurt you at all. You would be free to post in the one-on-one forum....provided you could find some other poster stupid enough to agree to debate your inadequate ass. If by some miracle you are ever able to do so, I would not be permitted to interrupt.

Your entire line of gestapo spank fails consistantly you incessent half wit. :lol:

All I did was vote no and you have gone apeshit ever since, you can't handle not being IN CONTROL.

...that Xenophon could never win a real debate. That's why Xenophon is against the idea of a restricted forum.

Xenophon is inadequate. It is somewhat amazing that he realizes it. Kudos to Xenophon for recognizing his shortcomings. :clap2:
Stupid people should never try reverse psychology, as your above post so well illustrates. :lol:

Your entire line of gestapo spank fails consistantly you incessent half wit. :lol:

All I did was vote no and you have gone apeshit ever since, you can't handle not being IN CONTROL.

I don't want to control the forum. I want stupid shits like you to be kept from fucking up every thread that gets started. I doubt I'll debate much. I like to read what two people can say to each other without the dialog being ruined by incompetent, adolescent assholes...like you.

I don't want to control the forum. I want stupid shits like you to be kept from fucking up every thread that gets started. I doubt I'll debate much. I like to read what two people can say to each other without the dialog being ruined by incompetent, adolescent assholes...like you.
Hell asshole, get a grip.

You can 'ignore' any post or poster, you don't need a special forum with rules for half wits for it.

Damn, you nazi types are stupid.

You can 'ignore' any post or poster, you don't need a special forum with rules for half wits for it.

:dig:

Keep digging, fool. You've already shown your comprehension skills to be non-existent. :lol:

Keep digging, fool. You've already shown your comprehension skills to be non-existent. :lol:
See above comment about reverse psychology, mon simpleton. :lol:

See above comment about reverse psychology, mon simpleton. :lol:

That's not reverse psychology there, dummy. It is fact. Have a sane friend explain it to you...if you have one.

Forum List

Back