Formal debate/discussion area?

At any rate, there should be a no trolling allowed area for formal debates. JB, Shogun and Huggy would last there. go one ahead and call the Bass a troll, at least every thread he has started has links to back up whatever argument he makes and normally after that, trolls like JB and especially Shogun soil the thread with name calling, flaming, baiting and going off topic with ad-hominems, strawmen, personal attacks and red herrings.

Quick, JB! Hurry! Bassy's here, and that's someone you WILL get some from!!!

At any rate, there should be a no trolling allowed area for formal debates. JB, Shogun and Huggy would last there. go one ahead and call the Bass a troll, at least every thread he has started has links to back up whatever argument he makes and normally after that, trolls like JB and especially Shogun soil the thread with name calling, flaming, baiting and going off topic with ad-hominems, strawmen, personal attacks and red herrings.

At any rate, there should be a no trolling allowed area for formal debates. .
The rest of your post was mere trolling, but the section i have quoted was the first relevant response.

I KNEW you'd come running! :clap2:

Obviously you are trolling here since you threw the bait out there and slowingly pulling it in hoping to snag somebody.

The rest of your post was mere trolling, but the section i have quoted was the first relevant response.

I KNEW you'd come running! :clap2:

After you laid the bait so will the real troll please stand up?

The bass trolling? Now thats rich, the Bass has never trolled in this forum, you people throw the word troll out there too liberally without knowing its meaning. A person you disagree with is not necessarily a troll.

Obviously you are trolling here since you threw the bait out there and slowingly pulling it in hoping to snag somebody.

Somebody? LMAO! What're you talking about? It took him less than 3 minutes to show up, just as expected. :lol::lol::lol:

I'll leave you two to it now...

Unfortunately, discussion often degenerate into name-calling, repetition, various tangents, and various degrees of douchebaggery. For most discussions, this is not a problem. However, there are times when a matter is being discussed prior to such incident, and any semblance of meaningful communication is lost. What I propose and request is an are of USMB where rules will be more strictly enforced and expanded upon in order to foster honest and meaningful discussion and debate regarding all of the various political and philosophical issues that so oft become a point of contention leading to senseless bickering. In this area, personal attacks would not be tolerated and the current ban on modifying the meaning of someone's text in a quote would remain permanence, whether it remain in effect in the rest of the forum or not.

Creating the area would be a relatively simple matter, and most of the rules that would be expected to be put into place either already exist or are relatively simple and revolve around respect (no personal attacks, trolling, or purposeful derailing of a thread) and honesty (citing sdources, representing other peoples' text accurately, etc). The exact workings of such an area, and its management, would, of course, be decided by USMB administration.

There are some intelligent users on this board who have, at times, made honest attempts to present their case and engage in meaningful discussions prior to the thread getting derailed or otherwise falling apart.I have no doubt that ifsuch an area were created, there are a number of users who would appreciate the opportunity to have meaningful discussion at a level not generally seen on most boards.

Thank you for your consideration,
-The Reverend James Teunis Beukema

You don't remember this?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...tions-for-the-highbrow-forum.html#post1229283

Unfortunately, discussion often degenerate into name-calling, repetition, various tangents, and various degrees of douchebaggery. For most discussions, this is not a problem. However, there are times when a matter is being discussed prior to such incident, and any semblance of meaningful communication is lost. What I propose and request is an are of USMB where rules will be more strictly enforced and expanded upon in order to foster honest and meaningful discussion and debate regarding all of the various political and philosophical issues that so oft become a point of contention leading to senseless bickering. In this area, personal attacks would not be tolerated and the current ban on modifying the meaning of someone's text in a quote would remain permanence, whether it remain in effect in the rest of the forum or not.

Creating the area would be a relatively simple matter, and most of the rules that would be expected to be put into place either already exist or are relatively simple and revolve around respect (no personal attacks, trolling, or purposeful derailing of a thread) and honesty (citing sdources, representing other peoples' text accurately, etc). The exact workings of such an area, and its management, would, of course, be decided by USMB administration.

There are some intelligent users on this board who have, at times, made honest attempts to present their case and engage in meaningful discussions prior to the thread getting derailed or otherwise falling apart.I have no doubt that ifsuch an area were created, there are a number of users who would appreciate the opportunity to have meaningful discussion at a level not generally seen on most boards.

Thank you for your consideration,
-The Reverend James Teunis Beukema

Excellent suggestion.

The number of posts which degenerate into (usually) two or three people trading insults or (even worse) debating about what the other has or has not said (as though the online record didn't even exist for all of us to read for ourselves) is somewhat annoying.

I appreciate free speech, but I'd like at least one place where honest debates or discussions about the issues stayed on track, too.

Last edited:
I wonder if you all see the irony of attacking me . Here you are, trolling away and derailing my thread while accusing me of being someone who trolls and derails. Thus far, only I have maintained the composure fit for the proposed new section.

:lol: Riiiight, you mean like this?

She should know, she's a self-admitted whore whose friends are all barren from too many abortions.

:eusa_whistle:

>>

you SAID Gnosticism= and gnosticism is the belief of Gnostics

No, you twit, 'I said 'gnosticism'. Do learn how to read before addressing me again.

you did NOT SAY Agnostic
I said, and I quote, ' I do not make a claim of gnosticism'.

You're too fucking stupid to try to challenge me or anyone else on anything. Come back when you've mastered some elementary reading comprehension.

:lol: :clap2:

Another fine example I just stumbled upon! :rolleyes:

I wonder if you all see the irony of attacking me . Here you are, trolling away and derailing my thread while accusing me of being someone who trolls and derails. Thus far, only I have maintained the composure fit for the proposed new section.

:lol: Riiiight, you mean like this?

:eusa_whistle:

>>

No, you twit, 'I said 'gnosticism'. Do learn how to read before addressing me again.

you did NOT SAY Agnostic
I said, and I quote, ' I do not make a claim of gnosticism'.

You're too fucking stupid to try to challenge me or anyone else on anything. Come back when you've mastered some elementary reading comprehension.

:lol: :clap2:

Another fine example I just stumbled upon! :rolleyes:

:rofl: I mean, seriously...Who do you think you're kidding JB?

If you can't get along with Care4all, who can you get along with? You plan on talking back and forth to yourself with sock puppets for this special forum or what? :lol:

(You should be thankful I don't have the time to paste all your nastiness here.)

Yet the answers from the Admin and Mods were honest answers. Funny, there was an awful lot of bitchin' about what you're now suggesting as an original idea.
What I find revealing is the pesons who immeditaely came into this thred to attack and troll- Dis, Dog, Jen, and Val.

Only you, Edit, and (somewhat surprisingly) Chuck responded with anything relevant.

Yet the answers from the Admin and Mods were honest answers. Funny, there was an awful lot of bitchin' about what you're now suggesting as an original idea.
What I find revealing is the pesons who immeditaely came into this thred to attack and troll- Dis, Dog, Jen, and Val.

Only you, Edit, and (somewhat surprisingly) Chuck responded with anything relevant.

Is it also revealing that you have any number of threads on various subjects on ONE day, yet you choose to either ignore those of others or insert irrelevant comments in them? Is that what you meant by "serious debate"? So long as it's on YOUR terms?

Forum List

Back