Forgotten heroes: Tribute to police officers. Please dont move.

. Without cops to pick and choose which laws are plain stupid and refuse to enforce, and which are necessary for a society, we would be subject to every stupid idea some moron in office thought should be law.
Uh, no...that would be a police state.

Why do you hate democracy?

Discretionary powers have always been exercised within police powers. If not, all those blue laws would have been enforced. Indeed the removal of some of them have been a corrupt or bad cop enforcing some stupid law that is on the books.
It isn't the police that decide not to enforce those laws...

Hey!

If cops are doing their jobs RIGHT, it's got to be one damned hard job.

Anytime you work with the public, it's hard.

And when your job is to control the excesses of some of the public?

It's doubly hard.

That's actually one of the things that most of you right wing teacher-hating morons fail to understand about being an educator, actually.

Bucs 90. You're so fucking dumb you can't even realize that your job was to collect revenue and ruin peoples lives.
Tell us. Because of your " service" how many people are alive today, that otherwise would be dead, because of you driving around with your badge ?
Lets here it ?
How many broke ass people got a ticket for a tail light, bad tires or an expired tag from you ?
How many people did you evict from their homes for a banker ?
How many people did you drag in for having weed, rendering them unemployable for life ?
Stand proud and tell us about your gift to society.

2010 was a fair start..................Fucking Nazi whores.

Oh I see.

This thread is an excuse so cop lovers can tout their devotion to them and cop haters can chide the cop lovers for being obsequious.

Well FWIW here's my take on policing...

Being a lousy cop is, I think, a fairly easy job. (much like being a crappy teacher is a fairly easy job)

Being a GOOD COP?

Now, that takes a special kind of courage.

Bucs 90. You're so fucking dumb you can't even realize that your job was to collect revenue and ruin peoples lives.
Tell us. Because of your " service" how many people are alive today, that otherwise would be dead, because of you driving around with your badge ?
Lets here it ?
How many broke ass people got a ticket for a tail light, bad tires or an expired tag from you ?
How many people did you evict from their homes for a banker ?
How many people did you drag in for having weed, rendering them unemployable for life ?
Stand proud and tell us about your gift to society.

Well, I can start with 1 life for sure. Jonesboro, GA, March, 1998. I was sent to a domestic violence call....husband arrived at ex wife's home with a gun, I tackled him as he held her down and was loading the revolver. He fired, hit my knee. I left the job on a med disability. She's alive because of a cop. He's still in jail.

So I suppose you'd support a lawless society, right?

Look, officer, your erroneous assessments of my character aside....I do know a lot about how cops operate. It's been this way for decades here...and elsewhere apparently, based on the number of criminals with badges that get caught..
If cops got caught eating dead babies you'd figure out a way to excuse it.
These pigs got caught committing MURDER of innocent, unarmed citizens...
Officers charged in post-Katrina bridge shootings - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
Danziger Bridge Shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These pigs shot a guy, then when he was taken for help they beat the citizens, stole the car and drove it to a secluded place, shot the wounded guy AGAIN and BURNED THE CAR WITH THE VICTIM IN IT, covered up the crime, then lied about it..
oh you can bet they had "excuses", too.
They were convicted too.
New Orleans police on trial over killing in chaos following Hurricane Katrina | World news | The Guardian

This pig is on death row for murder and running a drug protection racket.
Former NOPD officer Len Davis sentenced to death | North America > United States from AllBusiness.com

This pig is on death row for robbing and murdering the owners of a restaurant where she worked a SECURITY DETAIL. She also murdered her own partner..then when the crime was reported she showed up to "investigate" it!...luckily one of the victims LIVED and the pig was arrested.

Convicted killer Antoinette Frank appears in court | NOLA.com
Antoinette Frank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pigs confiscating guns from honest citizens
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/08/national/nationalspecial/08cnd-storm.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFPNTUQyeec&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Qx0cTze0M

pigs looting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvlPlaX-IDM

I could go on and on..look up NOPD corruption yourself if you can stand it...
Point is, officer we do NOT trust the police.

"Ex" officer kid. I retired on med disability b/c of a bullet in the knee.

If you read all those posts you made, you'd see those cops were fired and charged, rightfully so. The only thing worse than a criminal is a cop-criminal. The 95% of good ones would agree with you that all those scumbags who tarnished the badge deserved the harshest punishment.

However, you only hear about the few. For example, NYC has over 40,000 cops. How many are charged with crimes? A handful?

But debating you on this is useless. There is a segment of our population who's minds have been so corrupted by hollywood, drugs, their peers, and far left ideologues that they'll hate cops forever, no matter what the circumstance.

You fall under that category, and I hope you live a safe life and never need a cop to save you from any danger. He will anyway though.

Hey!

If cops are doing their jobs RIGHT, it's got to be one damned hard job.

Anytime you work with the public, it's hard.

And when your job is to control the excesses of some of the public?

It's doubly hard.

That's actually one of the things that most of you right wing teacher-hating morons fail to understand about being an educator, actually.

This right winger applauds you for that:clap2:

Teachers are even less appreciated than cops a lot of times. Teachers are basically cops without guns, but also in charge of teaching a bunch of spoiled, undisciplined brats whose parents will file a lawsuit or call the police on the teacher for daring offend little Jonny.

Politics and politicians affect so many people, but none more than cops, who are the buffer between moronic politicians and the people. Without cops to pick and choose which laws are plain stupid and refuse to enforce, and which are necessary for a society, we would be subject to every stupid idea some moron in office thought should be law.

Since 4:00 pm yesterday, over 15 cops have been shot. 2010 was one of the worst years ever for cops killed on duty. 2011 is starting off just as bad. Community policing has weakened the image of a cop from a big, strong man who enforces laws, to a mere community service person who is there to literally serve whining citizens. Add to that a growing hatred of cops, which stems from both the individual, and issues in society that add to a bad image of cops.

As a former cop, I want to thank all the men and women who put on a vest, badge and gun and take the safety of strangers into their own hands at the risk of their own lives. In my brief time behind the badge, I realized the following:

The general public often demands of cops:

- The knowledge of a lawyer- they expect a cop to know everything about every law, and be able to recall it on the side of a street at a seconds notice. The job demands common sense as well as book knowledge. Anyone who thinks otherwise is truly ignorant. There are no dumb cops. Lazy ones yes. Corrupt ones, sometimes. Lack of commons sense? Some of the rookies who wont last long, yes. Dumb? None.
- The courage of a soldier- they expect a cop to run into a gunfire situation, against superior firepower many times, without hesitation.
- The fitness of an athlete- despite society at large in the country being mostly obese, citizens hammer any cop who may be carrying a few extra pounds......while at the same time calling the very fit guy who keeps his uniform impecable "uptight" for presenting such an image, and saying he was just bullied in high school. Can't win with appearance.
- The morality of clergy. They expect a cop to be the upmost of morality, which is fine. A cop is not allowed to be seen without a seat belt. Or speeding 5 over. Cops are expected to follow every law, every second of every day, which literally no citizen can live up to.
- The patience of a teacher- They expect cops to have absolutely no temper, despite wanting a guy who is alpha type and willing to run into gunfire, they also expect him to stand there and be verbally blasted and put up with people acting like pure animals, all while keeping a calm, neutral demeanor. Good luck.
- The creativity of a guidance counselor- These days, cops are called on to be nannys for out of control children, the mediator between neighbors who cant even ask the other to put the barking dog inside the home, and the solution to every single nusance that any citizen cant figure out themselves without government help.

- The willingness to work for the pay of a janitor. Combine all the above expectations into a job description, and no one would want that shit. Add to it that the janitor of the local city hall probably makes nearly as much as the cops (same with firemen and teachers) and it's amazing that anyone would sign up for that job at all.

But amazingly, tonight in America, thousands of cops will enter their roll call breifing, possessing all of the above, and go out into the streets with no clue if their night will consist of sheer boredom and trying to mix the perfect cup of coffee at 2am at the local 7-11...........or clinging to life with bullets in them while their loved ones wait in terror in the ER waiting room. God Bless you all, and be safe.

The above applies just the same to all you military folks, who sadly are being turned into the "World Police" and getting hamstringed by lawyers the same way domestic cops are. A tribute thread to you all is justified too.....can a vet please take that up for me?

Advice to cops: Don't become cops! Get an education and do something with your life.

So, "30X90", let me ask you this. Lets say you got your dream , and there were no cops for 1 month. We were GONE. Vanished! None. What would society be like?

- Highways would become the wild west. 90% of folks would be fine. But the crazies would be let loose. Hey, in their way? They can just nudge you over and clear their own path.

- Stores? Hope your family's business doesn't expect money. Who would pay for shit if they no longer had to??!!!

- Piss someone off in traffic? They can shoot you now, with no consequence.

- Oh, you hate that they enforce broken tail lights, right? Hmmm. Drive at night without light laws. Hope you have night vision for the poor people who let their lights burn out.

- Got a cute girl friend? Nothing stopping the town perv from raping her now. It's a free for all.

- Gotta go to work? The locals will sort through your home for whatever they want.

Want me to go on? What would a month with no cops look like?

If Obama announced: "The month of February, all cops will be on vacation. No laws will be enforced. And there will be no retroactive enforcement for any action during that month."

Wanna bet February is gonna suck ass?

In fact, YOU sound like you'd rather live somewhere where police have almost NO CONTROL!!! Right? It's called Juarez, Mexico. Go. Enjoy. You'll love it!!!!

So, "30X90", let me ask you this. Lets say you got your dream , and there were no cops for 1 month. We were GONE. Vanished! None. What would society be like?

- Highways would become the wild west. 90% of folks would be fine. But the crazies would be let loose. Hey, in their way? They can just nudge you over and clear their own path.

- Stores? Hope your family's business doesn't expect money. Who would pay for shit if they no longer had to??!!!

- Oh, you hate that they enforce broken tail lights, right? Hmmm. Drive at night without light laws. Hope you have night vision for the poor people who let their lights burn out.

- Got a cute girl friend? Nothing stopping the town perv from raping her now. It's a free for all.

- Gotta go to work? The locals will sort through your home for whatever they want.

If Obama announced: "The month of February, all cops will be on vacation. No laws will be enforced. And there will be no retroactive enforcement for any action during that month."

In fact, YOU sound like you'd rather live somewhere where police have almost NO CONTROL!!! Right? It's called Juarez, Mexico. Go. Enjoy. You'll love it!!!!

with 200 million guns in the US? I think not.

I missed that quote before.

So 2010, one of police officers worst years as far as officer on-duty deaths, was a "fair start" according to you?

Are you really making that statement? A "fair" start? Start to what? More killing of cops? If that was "fair" what would've been a "great" start?

Interested to hear you defend your statement if you have the courage to do so.

with 200 million guns in the US? I think not.

Haha, good point.

Most of these "Fu** Tha Police" idiots dream of a world without cops. Or at least, a world in which the cops have no control, very little power, over the society.

Such places exist. Juarez, Mexico. Kabul, Afghanistan.

Other places, with total police dictatorship, exist, too. Tehran, Iran. All of North Korea and China. Venezuela.

We are luckily somewhere in the middle. Enough control to prevent chaos. Enough checks and balances to prevent tyranny.

If these cop haters spent a month in either of the above extremes, they'd beg for the days where they just hated ole American cops.

The job of Police Officer has become extreamly difficult, thanks libs.

You're quite welcome.

The job of cops in authoritarian tyrannies without civil rights is actually quite easy.

Feel free to migrate to anyplace where the jobs of cops isn't so difficult, Tank.

China seems like a place you might enjoy.

They don't have many liberals there making the jobs of cops harder, I'm informed.

FYI COPS have ther 12th most dangerous job in America according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In order of most danger to least the top 20 most dangerous jobs on 2008 were"

Fishing,
Lumbering,
Farming/ranching
Structural steel (AKA those iron workers)
Sanitation work (aka garbage)
Aircraft pilots
Roofers
Coal Miners
Merchant Mariners
Millers
Powerline installers
POLICE Officers
Fire fighters
Gas and Oil workers
Cement makers
Taxi drivers
Truck drivers and associate materials handlers
Constructor Equipment Operators
Slaughterhouse workers
Security Guards

Note that no military billets are that list?

I wonder if this is an oversight or BLS just doesn't keep those stats, or what?

Thats a good post. I'm a right wing guy, but agree with you in that it is the job of the citizens to hold cops accountable. It's what seperates us from places like China and North Korea, where the people have absolutely no power over their corrupt cops. Who do exist here! Corrupt cops are usually caught and tried, rightfully so, and good riddance to those pieces of shit that tarnish the honorable badge. People in the USA don't realize just how much influence they can have over police corruption.

Sure, some potheads and college sophomores will rant that this is a Nazi police state, that the system protects the cops, blah blah blah. But 99.9% of them have NEVER done 1 thing to battle the corruption they supposedly see daily (yet the news cameras and other citizens who support the police somehow miss.). By "battle" it I mean record it. File complaints. Go to the news. Police Chiefs don't like bad PR. That gets them voted out or fired. But the potheads would rather whine than take peaceful action to fix the problem with corruption.

As for those jobs, yes, there are jobs that have higher % of injury or death than police work. Not taking away from those, but all the other jobs are dangerous because of accidents. The police job is different in that there are other humans trying to murder them. Just to make a distinction there. And I don't think they include military jobs on that list.

There is also a list of "Most Trusted" people in society, where police rank very high, even above clergy. The cop haters don't realize they are in the extreme minority in this country.

But I applaud your willingness to hold cops accountable. When I was working, I loved it. I wanted as many ride-a-longs as possible. Peek and prod and look into everything we do..........and if you find nothing wrong, please share the good PR. After all, if we are ever accused of wrong doing, you folks are our jurors, too. I want as many of you guys as possible to see that it is truly less than average 5% of cops who are bad apples (+/- a few city to city, etc).

Last edited:
Sure, some potheads and college sophomores will rant that this is a Nazi police state, that the system protects the cops, blah blah blah.
Perhaps not a police state yet, however it's heading that direction. The militarization of the police force isn't a very promising sign either.

But 99.9% of them have NEVER done 1 thing to battle the corruption they supposedly see daily (yet the news cameras and other citizens who support the police somehow miss.). By "battle" it I mean record it. File complaints. Go to the news. Police Chiefs don't like bad PR. That gets them voted out or fired. But the potheads would rather whine than take peaceful action to fix the problem with corruption.
Heard of the Blue Wall of Silence? That's what protects corrupt cops. Filing complaints and going to the news does fuck all to eradicate the scourge of shitty cops. In fact, some police chiefs rationalize the officer's behavior. For example:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45PMRGfeGY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Or they merely are slapped on the wrist and given paid leave:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hcfJ-ePtS4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

There is also a list of "Most Trusted" people in society, where police rank very high, even above clergy. The cop haters don't realize they are in the extreme minority in this country.
I trust a cop as much as I trust any dubious-looking stranger. With caution and suspicion.

Last edited:
Douger, your disturbing statement advocating killing of more cops was really shocking.

Just so you know, and in case you may need to seek help, you are in the small minohttp://www.gallup.com/poll/112264/Nurses-Shine-While-Bankers-Slump-Ethics-Ratings.aspxrity:

Police officers ranked as the 5th most trusted profession, finishing above preachers! Of the polls, less than 9% had low trust for police.

You need to do some ride a longs, learn the reality of police work. Your statement is disturbing.

Sure, some potheads and college sophomores will rant that this is a Nazi police state, that the system protects the cops, blah blah blah.
Heard of the Blue Wall of Silence? That's what protects corrupt cops.

But 99.9% of them have NEVER done 1 thing to battle the corruption they supposedly see daily (yet the news cameras and other citizens who support the police somehow miss.). By "battle" it I mean record it. File complaints. Go to the news. Police Chiefs don't like bad PR. That gets them voted out or fired. But the potheads would rather whine than take peaceful action to fix the problem with corruption.
Filing complaints and going to the news does fuck all to eradicate the scourge of shitty cops. In fact, some police chiefs rationalize the officer's behavior. For example:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p45PMRGfeGY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Or they merely are slapped on the wrist and given paid leave:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hcfJ-ePtS4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I trust a cop as much as I trust any dubious-looking stranger. With caution and suspicion.

Yep, it used to be bad. The 70's were the height of police corruption. See Serpico, NYPD.

It's unbelievable how much that profession has cleaned up since then.

I don't deny some scumbags who shouldn't have a badge. I hope they get charged. And yes, a few are chiefs, who give the slap on the wrist to other scum who they are likely friends with.

My argument is that for ever 1 bad one, there are 99 good ones. Problem is, the 99 rarely get recognized for doing the right thing, while the 1 bad one gets plastered on the news and ruins it for everyone.

Perhaps not a police state yet, however it's heading that direction. The militarization of the police force isn't a very promising sign either.

There is a good book about the militarization of police. The book is against it, but it's still a great read.

It's a tough issue. On one hand, we're policing our neighbors and the military is not the right avenue for that.

On the OTHER hand, cops have been assaulted with AK47's, M16's, sniper rifles, and have combated guys with prior military training, gangs who practice tactics, etc, etc. So using equal weaponry and tactics, which the military has and teaches, is a natural progression.

Thats a very difficult topic. Gotta weight public perception with officer safety. Any suggestions? A police Glock is no match for an AK47.

Forum List

Back