Forgiving Al-Qaeda in Pursuit of a New Enemy

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
The New York Times had a story (3/14/15) about CIA money ending up in the hands of Al-Qaeda, an incident the paper described as

just another in a long list of examples of how the United States, largely because of poor oversight and loose financial controls, has sometimes inadvertently financed the very militants it is fighting.

But is it really so inadvertent? There are indications (as noted by the blog Moon of Alabama3/11/15) of a shift in the Western foreign policy establishment toward seeing groups like Al-Qaeda–that is, far-right terrorist groups who espouse a violent strain of Sunni Islam–not as the main targets of US military operations but as potential allies against the governments Washington has identified as more important enemies, namely Shi'ite-led Iran and Syria.
Forgiving Al-Qaeda in Pursuit of a New Enemy
I am not familiar with the blog Moon of Alabama.

That said, this has been an interesting shift and demonstrates how our media is completely unreliable for all of their crying.

I checked out Moon of Alabama. It's an interesting site. Kind of anti-war, anti-establishment.

And I agree with your take on our media. I keep thinking of Hearst using his papers to drum up support for war with Spain.

Forum List

Back