Forgiveness

I just returned from a weekend workshop. We talked about gratitude and forgiveness. I have some new insights about forgiveness and look forward to discussing them with you soon.

Please share your thoughts and feelings about the topic.

Forgiveness cannot be forced, but it can be invited. What's interesting is to examine what isn't willing to forgive inside and to take care of those places.
After going through this thread, it seems pretty clear that you need to feel hurt. You could examine your need to feel hurt.

Yet, that still does not preclude you from freeing yourself from that hurt.

It's rather addictive in nature.

Not at all. I'm hurt because I've been hurt. I'm working on forgiving the person who hurt me. I can and will free myself from hurt.

It's not easy. He's done some terrible things to me and others.

I just returned from a weekend workshop. We talked about gratitude and forgiveness. I have some new insights about forgiveness and look forward to discussing them with you soon.

Please share your thoughts and feelings about the topic.

Forgiveness cannot be forced, but it can be invited. What's interesting is to examine what isn't willing to forgive inside and to take care of those places.
After going through this thread, it seems pretty clear that you need to feel hurt. You could examine your need to feel hurt.

Yet, that still does not preclude you from freeing yourself from that hurt.

It's rather addictive in nature.

Not at all. I'm hurt because I've been hurt. I'm working on forgiving the person who hurt me.

It's not easy. He's done some terrible things to me and others.
You know how to relieve that hurt, yet you don't.

Just like a drunk knows how to stop drinking, but doesn't.

Actually, i think alot of people are incredibly generous to her.

I happen to be one of them. I don't skewer her character.
That seems rather like a holier-than-thou statement.

No, not at all. The statement describes my generosity toward TM. It doesn't preclude that other people are generous to her as well.

Some, are not. Some like to pile on and scapegoat her. She's continually picked on.

Last edited:
I happen to be one of them. I don't skewer her character.

No, not at all. The statement describes my generosity toward TM. It doesn't preclude that other people are generous to her as well.

Some, are not. Some like to pile on and scapegoat her. She's continually picked on.
Sure it is a holier-than-thou statement. YOU don't do what YOU think is bad, because YOU are better than those who do engage TM.

Holier-than-thou.

Lock up your baseball bat, Sky. I wouldn't want you hurting yourself.

Sure it is a holier-than-thou statement. YOU don't do what YOU think is bad, because YOU are better than those who do engage TM.

Holier-than-thou.

I don't own a baseball bat. I wouldn't use one to harm myself or anyone else.

I didn't say I am better than people who pile on TM. I don't like pile ons and won't participate in a TM one. If you consider that a "holier than thou" statement, so be it. I don't.

Last edited:

Holier-than-thou.

I don't own a baseball bat. I wouldn't hurt a flea.

I didn't say I am better than people who pile on TM. I don't like pile ons and won't participate in a TM one.
That's because you are holier-than-thou.

Holier-than-thou.

I didn't say I am better than people who pile on TM. I don't like pile ons and won't participate in a TM one.

I see that's your opinion. You're entitled to it.

I see that's your opinion. You're entitled to it.
Well, thank you, Sky. But, I really don't need your permission to have my opinion.

Nor do you need my permission to post how much holier you are.

Here's how it works here. Someone insults TM, TM retaliates, you give TM a tough time for retaliating. Now I'm commenting on your comment.

None of it addresses the topic.

Well Sky...let's be honest with the flow of activity.... TM says something totally stupid, THEN someone insults TM, TM retaliates, and we all give TM a tough time for retaliating.

TM is continuously scapegoated. It's disgusting.

TM is not scapegoated. She brings shit upon herself by continuously spouting liberal propaganda, offering nothing in the way of supporting documentation except op-ed columns from extremist websites like HuffPo and Daily Kos, and completely ignoring contrary arguments that are supported with reliable documentation. She's a loud mouthed, liberal hack who rarely if ever offers any real insight to a conversation. She deserves everything she gets.

An angel wants to take the most advanced class on human behavior. He wants to take the class on forgiveness. Angels understand regret, sorrow and suffering but not forgiveness. When it comes to thinking that something shouldn't have happened they have a brain freeze.

This one lone angel really wants to know how it feels to forgive, so he goes to his teacher. His teachers says, the only way you can learn about forgiveness is to go to earth and take another angel with you.

The angel is excited and starts approaching his friends. His friends say, "No way". "I'm not going." He seeks high and low and still isn't able to find ONE angel who will descend to earth with him to learn the secret of forgiveness.

Finally, he hears about an old, old angel, who lives alone in a cave. He goes to see the old angel and tells him that no one will go with him to earth to learn about forgiveness. He asks the old angel, will you go with me to earth to learn about forgiveness.

The old angel remains silent for awhile and then he says, "Are you sure?" If you're sure I will go with you.

Understand this. You will forget that I am doing you a favor. You will forget that I am an angel and you are an angel. I will not be the same there. I will appear as the one you hate the most, as the one who is the most mean to you. I will do things to you to make you suffer that you cannot even believe.

If you're willing to try that, I will go with you and train you.

If you want to learn forgiveness, find the person you hate the most, and forgive him or her.

Remember forgiveness cannot be forced, but it can be invited. Look at all the parts of yourself unwilling to forgive. See what they need and take care of them with warm hearted attention. Forgiveness will arise naturally.

So you'll be forgiving George W. Bush, will stop lying about him and spreading hate?

Didn't think so.

Last edited:
Well, thank you, Sky. But, I really don't need your permission to have my opinion.

Nor do you need my permission to post how much holier you are.

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't accept it, myself.
Well, that's a good sign that you reject something that makes you feel bad. A drunk turned down a drink.

Nice try, but your opinion doesn't make me feel bad at all. "holier than thou" means stuck up snob.

No one who really knows me would ever think of me as a snob.

One difference between us, is that if I experience someone as a "snob" or "holier than thou" I know it's my opinion, and nothing more. You think your opinions are real and true.

What's up with you today? You seem to want to pick a fight.

Last edited:
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't accept it, myself.
Well, that's a good sign that you reject something that makes you feel bad. A drunk turned down a drink.

Nice try, but your opinion doesn't make me feel bad at all. "holier than thou" means stuck up snob.

Holier than thou means exactly what it says - you are holier than another.

And, whether you accept it or not, that is exactly what your attitude is about TM.

*sigh* Edit to add your edit:
One difference between us, is that if I experience someone as a "snob" or "holier than thou" I know it's my opinion, and nothing more. You think your opinions are real and true.

Actually, the difference between you and me is I actually KNOW what an opinion is and what a fact is. And, it is a fact that you do not have the ability to know what I think.

While it is true that I think you are taking a holier than thou attitude about TM, I am sure that IS my opinion.

Last edited:

And, whether you accept it or not, that is exactly what your attitude is about TM.

Check the definition. One definition of "holier than thou" is "stuck up snob". When I used it to describe a posting style that's what I meant by it.

I don't like pile ons. Period. It's a form of bullying. Instead of addressing TM's actual words, people attack her character.

That's wrong. JMO.

*sigh* Edit to add your edit:

Actually, the difference between you and me is I actually KNOW what an opinion is and what a fact is. And, it is a fact that you do not have the ability to know what I think.

While it is true that I think you are taking a holier than thou attitude about TM, I am sure that IS my opinion.

Yes, that's your opinion. You don't like mine about pile ons. I'm good with that.

You think your ugly opinion about TM is who she is. I don't.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back