Forgiveness I just can't let this one go

I have been betrayed by husbands. Only two no big smurf. :) Thirds a winner. CHECK. I have been whacked at by my mother as my dad was dying .CHECK. I'm good to go in so many ways.

But I just can't let go that a person that I believed to be the best of friends stole from me.

I had a collection that most wouldn't think twice about but I had Hopi and Zuni pieces that were to die for. What makes them so special was as I worked at a place called the Beaverhead and yes it's another Sophia moment old men brought me what I would like to call art in silver. The jewellry was art beyond. Especially the Zuni.

So my friend ripped me off. I still to this day cannot forgive. How do you get past this? How does one?
Who says you have to forgive anyone?

God
I don't believe in god

I have been betrayed by husbands. Only two no big smurf. :) Thirds a winner. CHECK. I have been whacked at by my mother as my dad was dying .CHECK. I'm good to go in so many ways.

But I just can't let go that a person that I believed to be the best of friends stole from me.

I had a collection that most wouldn't think twice about but I had Hopi and Zuni pieces that were to die for. What makes them so special was as I worked at a place called the Beaverhead and yes it's another Sophia moment old men brought me what I would like to call art in silver. The jewellry was art beyond. Especially the Zuni.

So my friend ripped me off. I still to this day cannot forgive. How do you get past this? How does one?

Some time ago I was leading a person to the LORD ( long distance phone call ) I had known for many years. I thought the matter was finished but after hanging up, the Holy Spirit told me the person had unforgiveness towards someone and remained unsaved. I called the person back the next day- they were in the hospital - had been diagnosed terminal cancer - had very little time to live - it was a very sudden thing - I told him what the Holy Spirit had told me - that he had unforgiveness and asked him who it was naming a couple of people.......and he immediately let me know who it was and why - I asked him would he be willing to ask the LORD to forgive the person through him and he said, SURE! The moment he did that he was saved and I told him God is writing your name in the Lamb's book of Life right now and he cried out, I know! I see his hand. He is writing my name (he said his name) on a tablet of granite. After that he was very joyful even though he was so ill. In a later conversation by phone he told me the person had come to visit him at the hospital and he knew he had forgiven them. What a blessed miracle it was.

Then recently I was writing by letter to someone who is presently incarcerated and was at the wake of this person after they died. The person who had done the man such harm was weeping profusely - all alone on a couch - when I told the story of the mutual friends' conversion before death they said that explained to them why the person was so broken up at the after funeral gathering. I told them yes, the person was under the conviction of God for what they had done to him. This person who forgave them and went to heaven - was able to forgive by letting the LORD know he was willing to ask Him to forgive the person "through him" as he was unable to do it by himself.

That is what you must do, T.D. I will be praying for you that the LORD moves mightily on your behalf when you are ready to ask Him to forgive this person through you. It is an act of your will. The feeling will come later. Just will to do it and let God know you are sincere. That is enough. We must forgive. It isn't optional. We cannot receive forgiveness from God without forgiving others. I know it is difficult but be willing and God will do it through you.

God
I don't believe in god

You may not believe in gravity either but if you jump off a 100 story building you will be dead all the same. God exists whether you believe in Him or not. One day you will have to give an account for your life - then Jesus will say one of two things - well done - good and faithful servant or depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you. What the LORD says to you will determine where you spend eternity. It is either heaven or hell. Satan and his fallen angels will be suffering an eternity in hell at an appointed time - he has no ability to share any kingdom with anyone in hell - because he himself will be suffering in a lake of fire - unable to do anything - for anyone to believe that Lucifer is going to reward them - that he is going to keep his word to them - for giving them ruling authority, powers in the afterlife - is to forget that hell has no virtues and neither does Lucifer. Telling the truth is a virtue, keeping ones' word is a virtue, rewarding for service is a virtue - what those who serve Satan have to look forward to is the shocking surprise that they have been double crossed and that every word of warning they were given they will realize they should have heeded and departed from evil.

If you have to read the new testament on your knees praying for the next 3 months to believe - that is what you must do - whatever it takes. Whatever it takes. Your eternal life is worth it.

Last edited:
I say don't forgive them.:)

Btw- if you do not forgive them. God won't forgive you.
^ the difference between God and Jesus.

Jesus is God. If you do not know this you do not know God. (yet)
Welcome to the Bible, and to God.
Deuteronomy 4:16-19 - Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female,The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air,The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.

I agree with every word of it, RV. Give this warning to the Roman Catholic Church - they make the statutes and tell their people to bow to them and pray to them - not me. Same goes for the Catholic cross. Jesus is not on a cross. He has Risen. No Cross should have a statue of Jesus hanging on it. It's wrong.

Nothing in those Scriptures denies Jesus Christ is God. Not a Word.

Jesus is the Word - John 1: 14

God
I don't believe in god

You may not believe in gravity either but if you jump off a 100 story building you will be dead all the same. God exists whether you believe in Him or not. One day you will have to give an account for your life - then Jesus will say one of two things - well done - good and faithful servant or depart from me you worker of iniquity, I never knew you. What the LORD says to you will determine where you spend eternity. It is either heaven or hell. Satan and his fallen angels will be suffering an eternity in hell at an appointed time - he has no ability to share any kingdom with anyone in hell - because he himself will be suffering in a lake of fire - unable to do anything - for anyone to believe that Lucifer is going to reward them - that he is going to keep his word to them - for giving them ruling authority, powers in the afterlife - is to forget that hell has no virtues and neither does Lucifer. Telling the truth is a virtue, keeping ones' word is a virtue, rewarding for service is a virtue - what those who serve Satan have to look forward to is the shocking surprise that they have been double crossed and that every word of warning they were given they will realize they should have heeded and departed from evil.

If you have to read the new testament on your knees praying for the next 3 months to believe - that is what you must do - whatever it takes. Whatever it takes. Your eternal life is worth it.

There is scientific proof of gravity there is none of a supreme being or the existence of the biblical god.

I like my way.

If you betray me I will not forgive you to ease your burden. Instead I will simply forget you ever existed.

It works just ask my mother.

I agree with every word of it, RV. Give this warning to the Roman Catholic Church - they make the statutes and tell their people to bow to them and pray to them - not me. Same goes for the Catholic cross. Jesus is not on a cross. He has Risen. No Cross should have a statue of Jesus hanging on it. It's wrong.

One can not use the NT to authenticate the NT. The cross, with or without a person attached to it, is an idol. There is to be no physical representations of God.

There is scientific proof of gravity there is none of a supreme being or the existence of the biblical god.

I like my way.

If you betray me I will not forgive you to ease your burden. Instead I will simply forget you ever existed.

I'm Catholic, so Jeremiah has no use for my thoughts.

But forgiveness is about you, not the other person. I too am able to put people out of my life for a betrayal, ask my mom :) while I do forgive her I just have no desire to have her in my life. My being hurt or angry affects me, not her. So forgiving let me get past it.

I like my way.

But forgiveness is about you, not the other person. I too am able to put people out of my life for a betrayal, ask my mom :) while I do forgive her I just have no desire to have her in my life. My being hurt or angry affects me, not her. So forgiving let me get past it.
I'm not angry.

Removing the person who betrayed me from my life restores balance and peace.

I don't see how anger is involved at all.

In fact my mother is very angry at me for cutting her out of my life while I have no anger towards her at all

I like my way.

I'm not angry.

In fact my mother is very angry at me for cutting her out of my life while I have no anger towards her at all
Sure, but the op is and while I was addressing your post I was also putting it in context of the op.

If your mom would forgive you she wouldn't be angry :lol:

Reflecting or contemplating is not "bowing." The sacrifice Christ offered is still in effect. The crucifix reflects this sacrifice.

Jesus was sacrificed once and only once for the sins of mankind. Jesus is no longer on the cross. The crucifix with Jesus hanging on it - is wrong. Totally. Genuflecting or and making the sign of the cross is blasphemy you touch your head and say in the name of the father your center of chest saying the son your left shoulder and say holy and the other shoulder and say "spirit"... you separate holy and spirit - its blasphemy and up front demon worship. Nothing holy about any of it - it is a religion based on paganism and satanism. The Roman Church does not teach the Doctrine of Christ. It is total blasphemy. I do not blame the people who have attended by tradition passed down over the years - how could they know when the Roman Church forbid anyone to read the bible for so many centuries? People were totally in the dark. Read the bible. The King James Bible - not the Roman church bible which added books the KJV does not have. Read the KJV bible and learn the truth.

Maybe she just borrowed them...

I like my way.

That explains why you have pumpkins in your avatar and find nothing wrong with celebrating a high holy day of Satan ( Oct 31 ) You'll find many of the Catholic holidays are the same holy days of Satanism. Coincidence? I think you need to research the history of the church you are in, R.D. I am always interested in your thoughts but I have no interest whatsoever in the satanic teachings of the RCC that go directly against the teachings of the Holy Bible. The pope does not speak for Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ does not need any Vicars and never appointed a Vicar. It's totally a doctrine of demons they came up with. Jesus condemns the RCC in Revelations when he said, He hated the deeds of the Nicolaitanes. Look it up. Buy a real bible and read it. I'll be praying for you, R.D.
p.s. Peter was married. Jesus rebuked the fever in Peter's mother in law. Mary had other children after Jesus. She didn't die a virgin and she isn't making appearances on the earth via apparitions. That is a demon you people are praying to. Mary - the mother of Jesus, James, John.....would be horrified no doubt that people had made her into some sort of deity. She was a sinner saved by believing on Jesus Christ for salvation. The bible says ALL HAVE SINNED and fallen short of the glory of God. ALL AS IN ALL. That includes Mary. Stop believing man and believe the Written Word of God.

Last edited:

Reflecting or contemplating is not "bowing." The sacrifice Christ offered is still in effect. The crucifix reflects this sacrifice.
Nowhere is the entire Old Testament is there anything even remotely resembling Jesus and all of a sudden, after the Bible has been sent to press so to speak, Jesus comes along and the whole nature of God changes.

I like my way.

That explains why you have pumpkins in your avatar and find nothing wrong with celebrating a high holy day of Satan ( Oct 31 ) You'll find many of the Catholic holidays are the same holy days of Satanism. Coincidence? I think you need to research the history of the church you are in, R.D. I am always interested in your thoughts but I have no interest whatsoever in the satanic teachings of the RCC that go directly against the teachings of the Holy Bible. The pope does not speak for Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ does not need any Vicars and never appointed a Vicar. It's totally a doctrine of demons they came up with. Jesus condemns the RCC in Revelations when he said, He hated the deeds of the Nicolaitanes. Look it up. Buy a real bible and read it. I'll be praying for you, R.D. .

Thanks, but no thanks :eusa_hand:

I like my way.

I'm not angry.

You do not have to remain in contact with her but you do need to forgive her. If you cannot do it - ask the LORD to do it through you. He will help you. I am sorry that your mother let you down in such a way that you feel so hurt over it as to not speak to her again. Read Psalm 27:9 and Psalm 45. The truth is the Lord Jesus Christ loves you. He has paid the full price once and for all for you to have a personal relationship with Him. I hope you will be willing to accept His love and forgiveness and move into a new life with Him.

Nowhere is the entire Old Testament is there anything even remotely resembling Jesus and all of a sudden, after the Bible has been sent to press so to speak, Jesus comes along and the whole nature of God changes.

Jesus is in all 66 books of the bible. Your eyes are not opened yet. He's there. The bible is a 2,000 plus year old arrow pointing straight at Jesus Christ - once you see Him as God you'll see Him throughout the Bible - every page - every single page ......

Forum List

Back