Forget the Cap & Tax bill--Obama & EPA going to enforce it anyway!

WASHINGTON — Americans who think global warming is caused by human activity, including vehicle and industrial emissions, are now a minority for the first time in nearly two years, a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll said Monday.

Only 45 percent of the 1,041 adults surveyed on December 2-3 believed global warming is a proven fact and mostly caused by human activity, down from 56 percent in October 2007, the survey found.AFP: Americans cool to human-caused global warming: poll

CNN is not what would you call a a bastion of Republican thinking, however as to the original thread title. I responded to this in another post. The EPA is using a decision that is narrowly ruled on one section of the CAA relating to tailpipe emissions on new cars and trucks. To make the leap of faith that this now gives them the power to regulate ALL emissions from all sources is a giant leap of faith on the part of the EPA which will soon find itself right back in front of the very same court should they choose to do so. So while a finding by the EPA is consistant with the ruling when it comes to the section and that section only, it does give them the power to regulate those gases from new cars and trucks. Which is not really all that much of show stopper because the Fed. regulates it anyway.

Navy, it's the way the question was posed. I don't think global warming is MOSTLY CAUSED BY human activity either. What I do believe, and here's where the percentages rise in most other polling, is that human activity is contributing to speeding up what is probably a normal cycle.

Maggie, thats really the crux of the matter, when people set out regulate and mandate based on conclusions that only support a narrow focus it limits the possibility of further discovery and research on the subject and takes it from the scientific realm to the political realm. I do think it's very prudent for all of us to be good stewards of the environment for several reasons, among them is this nations long term economic security and national security in general. It's my belief that if this nation took it upon itself to bring EVERY energy solution that this nation has to offer into being, then the benefits will be felt in terms of jobs, security and many other areas. Give you an example, let's suppose for just a moment this nation set out on a 10 year program to build, 100 Nuclear Reactors, regional nuclear reprocessing centers, in conjunction with city and residential solar and state and regional wind power, along with hybrid, and EV technology, as well as develop our own domestic sources of oil and natural gas, and clean coal all in an environmentally sensitive manner guess what, we would soon find the need to be deployed to the Middle East and funding nations that finance weapons that eventually are used against us an every increasing memory. Thats a Stimulus program Maggie and an Environmental program that works for this nation. When we focus on one set of scientific conclusions and then legislate from that it removes most of that innovation and does not remove us from the grip of those people that we fund each time we fill up the tank of our car.

Forum List

Back