Foreign Travel?

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Who's been to the most foreign countries?

Me:
Canada
Japan
Hong Kong (back in the day)
Phillipines
Micronesia
Australia
New Zealand
UK
France
Jamaica

What do we consider as a visit? Does transit count? ;)

Okay, I have been to the following places.

Military

Korea
Germany
England
Belgium
Egypt
Saudi Arabia
Iraq
Kuwait

Civilian

Mexico
Canada
Korea
Taiwan
China
Hong Kong (pre and post hand-over)
Macau (just for a day)
Philippines
Malaysia
Singapore
Thailand
Indonesia
Vietnam
Japan
Brunei
France
Sweden (loved it!!!!)
Switzerland
British Virgin Islands
Brazil
Dominican Republic

Mr. P said:
HUH, Haaaa!!!!! Neither of you mentioned Alabama!!!!
I win!!! You are talkin foreign countries, right?

*Sorry Merlin*

Drove through Alabama on my way from Ft. Stewart to Ft. Polk for BNCOC!

I did forget to mention the Republic of Texas!

Mr. P said:
Crap! You win...and brought back my nightmare...Ft. Polk...Now I'll be awake all night!!!!:poop:

I had to spend eight weeks there for BNCOC and that was enough for me! What a shit hole. The arm-pit of the Army! Ft. Puke we called it! :puke:

Americas
Canada
United States (pretty much everywhere)
Mexico
Dominican Republic
USVI
BVI
St. Martin's/Maarten's
St. Lucia
Guadeloupe

Europe
England
Switzerland (Lauterbrunnen is the nicest place on the planet)
Germany
Austria (Yuck)
Hungary (Everyone who loves to travel, should visit Budapest)
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Finland

Oceania
Australia
Fiji

- France (but I 'm french so it is not very hard)
- UK (3 times)
- Germany (4 times)
- Spain
- Italy
- Austria
- Andorra
- Vatican
- Malta
- Cyprus
- Greece

- Morocco

- Japan

- USA (2 times) ( Florida, Louisiana, California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Colorado)
- Cuba

Mexico only....

Cancun twice
Cozemel once

I would love to travel around Europe. :mm:

Those that were in the Armed Services have probably been to more foreign countries that those that weren't.

the problem with the travel in europe is that in 2 monthes you can't do all what to want in only one region.......Paris, London and Rome are too big and too beautiful to be visited in only a few days...
and Berlin too.

if you really w&ant to visit correctly Europe, it would take to you maybe several years, if you travel 2 months per years...

Here is a funny travel story.....

I was going to India. (I worked in the airlines and this travel was a holiday)
I collected as many 'standby' (those who work in the airlines understand) tickets as possible via as many countries as possible.

I was given a free ticket from Pakistani airlines...I just needed a transit visa....for a ticket that would read - New Delhi - Karachi - DC ....I was going to get off the plane and hop on the next within a few hours.

I went to Pak. embassy in DC. This is what I needed to obtain this transit visa...fifty dollars...a letter from my employer stating I still had a job upon my return AND a letter from my bank stating that I had an active account. I asked why...the answer....They wanted to ensure I wasn't going to stay in Karachi.

I laughed in their face.
I still laugh.
I did not get the ticket...nor attempted the visa.
I told them that I had no use for their country but as a last resort to get home and the only thing I intended to see in Karachi was the exit.

As far as countries visited....I worked in the airlines so I have seen many.

Germany
Favorite City- Frankfurt
Favorite spot- Das Bierhaus, two city blocks to your right, after leaving the main train station. It's an upper deck pub with each booth equipped with a phone so that you can call someone of interest from a safe distance (in case she/he has a boyfriend/girfriend/husband/wife).

Turkey
Favorite City- Incirlik
Favorite Spot- Tie. The beach and the Market. 800 meters separates you from an ancient castle. if you're an excellent swimmer, you can actually swim to that castle. As for the market, where else can you go to buy a coat worth over $1,500 dollars for a $150

Netherlands
Favorite City- Amsterdam
Favorite Spot- Ann Franks' house. I found a sense of irony that her diary, which depicted some of her sexual couriosity, was written in a house that is now located in the middle of the city's red light district.

Spain
Favorite city- Pamplona
Favorite spot- "Hamburger turn". It is the last sharp turn you'll take before you approach the last stretch during the running of the bulls. Because that turn is paved in cobblestone, people, as well as the bulls, have known to had slipped, slided and collided in that turn. Hint- When you approach that turn, you'll see a light pole to your right. Grab that pole and whip yourself around the turn, then run like hell; during the last 100 meters, the size of the entrance slowly closes in on you; a mass of humanity will develop and you could get trampled.

France
Favorite city- Paris
Favorite Spot- Jim Morrison's grave (Pere Lachaise Cemetry). Don't go there without something to write with. Hint- Please don't write anything of the norm; write a poem.

Italy
Favorite city- Rome
Favorite Spot- You're kidding, right? I was suprised at the time that they allowed us to throw the football around in the colosseum. Tust me this city will keep you busy.

Cuba
Favorite City- Guantamo Bay
Favorite spot- The beach. A series of naturally sculptured rock formations will bring out the "Indiana Jones" in you. Beware! Couriosity kills the cat, and so will those bad "A" banana rats!

I'd visited other countries, but they were not for vacation purposes.

Germany
Favorite City- Frankfurt
Favorite spot- Das Bierhaus

I went here with my class.
great place ! ;)

MALTA : a nice country to visit.
if you like History, visit castles, nice cities, under the mediterranean heat, it is great !
I advice it for travels ;)
Great history with the Knights fo the Order of Saint jean de Jerusalem, Rhodes et Malte.

Come on only one of you has been to Greece and it was Padisha?

I highly suggest that you take at least two weeks and go in the summer 1 year, there are too many reasons too list why it is the #1 vacation spot outside the U.S..

us
canada
mexico

england
wales
scotland
ireland

sweden
finland
holland
belgiuim
denmark
east and west germany
italy
spain
france
portugal
italy
switzerland
malta

soviet union

oh and california

padisha emperor said:
the problem with the travel in europe is that in 2 monthes you can't do all what to want in only one region.......Paris, London and Rome are too big and too beautiful to be visited in only a few days...
and Berlin too.

if you really w&ant to visit correctly Europe, it would take to you maybe several years, if you travel 2 months per years...

It is tough to try to see all of Europe in a short amount of time. I had only four years and I still feel like I've not seen everything that Europe has to offer.

OCA said:
Come on only one of you has been to Greece and it was Padisha?

I highly suggest that you take at least two weeks and go in the summer 1 year, there are too many reasons too list why it is the #1 vacation spot outside the U.S..
I have been to Greece several times, including Crete. I loved the place!

why it is the #1 vacation spot outside the U.S..

Greece is the first foreign spot for the US tourists ? I believed it was UK,Spain, Italy or France.

But suire, Greece is a great place to visit, very nice. Very hot too, going here in July or August, not a real good idea ;)

Forum List

Back