Foreign money

When donations are to democrats, the money loses the identification with foreign donations. When the money is donated to republicans it amounts to relinquishing citizenship.

obama has already milked the donors in the US dry, he has no choice but to go overseas.

And soliciting Weddings and other functions to boot. The man is out of control.

A few weeks ago there was a bunch of hoopla about people such as this renouncing their citizenship for tax purposes, I wonder what was their primary concern when talking to Romney? It could not have been too much concerning domestic policy.

What are you babbling about? Are you claiming that those who contributed to his campaign had renounced their citizenship? Or are you just grasping at straws because your OP is so profoundly stupid that you can't deal with having your ass handed to you?

WTF are you babbling about? I was only wondering what these people wanted out of a Romney presidency. What do you think they want?

No, you were babbling about people renouncing their citizenship. What does that have to do with Romney doing exactly what Obama has done. Where was your faux outrage in '08 when your messiah hoofed around Europe begging for funds from Democrats Abroad? Why is it ok for your candidate but not for another? Why the hypocrisy?

What are you babbling about? Are you claiming that those who contributed to his campaign had renounced their citizenship? Or are you just grasping at straws because your OP is so profoundly stupid that you can't deal with having your ass handed to you?

WTF are you babbling about? I was only wondering what these people wanted out of a Romney presidency. What do you think they want?

No, you were babbling about people renouncing their citizenship. What does that have to do with Romney doing exactly what Obama has done. Where was your faux outrage in '08 when your messiah hoofed around Europe begging for funds from Democrats Abroad? Why is it ok for your candidate but not for another? Why the hypocrisy?

Do you not read well? Have I expressed any outrage at all over the act of soliciting donations from Americans in Europe? Wipe the spittle from your monitor and read carefully, I believe the issue of being taxed on their foreign income to be the primary concern for people in Europe donating to Romney, that's it, no outrage, only pondering if these people had any concerns about any kind of domestic policy or the people still living here at home rather than just self centered concern for their own pocketbooks.

Do you not read well? Have I expressed any outrage at all over the act of soliciting donations from Americans in Europe? Wipe the spittle from your monitor and read carefully, I believe the issue of being taxed on their foreign income to be the primary concern for people in Europe donating to Romney, that's it, no outrage, only pondering if these people had any concerns about any kind of domestic policy or the people still living here at home rather than just self centered concern for their own pocketbooks.

You are aware, I assume, that your fantasies of my reactions are just that... fantasies. No spittle. No 'outrage'. Not even mildly pissed. I am just interested to find the planet where renouncing citizenship has got jack shit to do with the topic.

I pay US taxes on my 'foreign money'... if it's good enough for taxes, it's good enough for a campaign contribution. As an American abroad, I have every right to donate to whomever I choose. That's Romney. I have, and will continue to, contribute to his campaign.

You are aware, I assume, that your fantasies of my reactions are just that... fantasies. No spittle. No 'outrage'. Not even mildly pissed. I am just interested to find the planet where renouncing citizenship has got jack shit to do with the topic.

I pay US taxes on my 'foreign money'... if it's good enough for taxes, it's good enough for a campaign contribution. As an American abroad, I have every right to donate to whomever I choose. That's Romney. I have, and will continue to, contribute to his campaign.

Well good for you, I guess, if you want to treat how we tax ex-pats as a totally unrelated issue not even worthy of discussion then you are free to do so without my input.

Well good for you, I guess, if you want to treat how we tax ex-pats as a totally unrelated issue not even worthy of discussion then you are free to do so without my input.

Ex-pats? You were the one who raised the issue of renounced citizenship. I haven't renounced my citizenship. Most Americans abroad haven't renounced theirs either.

Wasn't the right outraged in 08?

Ex-pats? You were the one who raised the issue of renounced citizenship. I haven't renounced my citizenship. Most Americans abroad haven't renounced theirs either.

Good God almighty, do you not remember a while back when we had many news stories about Americans giving up their citizenship, most notably that facebook guy, or threatening to over the horrible way we tax our citizens abroad? Is this not a big concern of the people over there or was it just more republican anti-tax bullshit?

Good God almighty, do you not remember a while back when we had many news stories about Americans giving up their citizenship, most notably that facebook guy, or threatening to over the horrible way we tax our citizens abroad? Is this not a big concern of the people over there or was it just more republican anti-tax bullshit?

Well if there was a lot of news stories about it, must have been a big movement. How many people, would you say, per news story? We got the facebook guy, that's 1.

Yep, I remember. I also remember that most of them were foreigners who took US citizenship and then gave it up when they didn't like our tax rates. That's not the same as natural born Americans who happen to live abroad being punished for that by not being allowed to contribute to our political process. You get that right?

I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I am an American. It really is that simple. Ordinarily, I don't contribute to either party... unfortunately, your messiah has pushed me into it. I'm just glad the GOP finally nominated a candidate that I can actually support - God knows what I would have done if Santorum or Gingrich got the nod.

Forum List

Back