Foreign money

There would be an outrage if it was foreign money and not American Citizens living and working abroad.
They have the right to vote, they also have the right to contribute to American Campaigns.

There would be an outrage if it was foreign money and not American Citizens living and working abroad.
They have the right to vote, they also have the right to contribute to American Campaigns.

Nice try. There was, unfortunately, this:

"The Brits — and Americans — who gathered for Romney’s London fundraisers were reportedly more welcoming than the politicians and reporters who chided him repeatedly Thursday."

When George Clooney goes to Europe on a fundraising trip it's American who live abroad exercising their rights to donate to a political campaign.

When it's Romney, the Americans living abroad temporarily lose their citizenship and become foreigners donating to a republican.

"The Brits — and Americans — who gathered for Romney’s London fundraisers were reportedly more welcoming than the politicians and reporters who chided him repeatedly Thursday."
Damn, you really ARE stupid.

Read your own link: “The ex-pats in attendance shared the urgency to get rid of President Obama — because of the damage his presidency is doing to America — that I witness in the States among Romney supporters.”

What part of 'ex-pat' confuses you?

You got any proof that British citizen's contributed ?
Just because they attended doesn't mean they gave any money.
You know that it's legal for dual citizenship Americans to contribute.
If you don't agree with the law, work to change it.

You got any proof that British citizen's contributed ?
Just because they attended doesn't mean they gave any money.
You know that it's legal for dual citizenship Americans to contribute.
If you don't agree with the law, work to change it.

nope just wants to show how hypocritcal he is.

Read your own link: “The ex-pats in attendance shared the urgency to get rid of President Obama — because of the damage his presidency is doing to America — that I witness in the States among Romney supporters.”

I know several people who attended one of the fundraisers. One Brit and several Americans... the Americans all kicked in to his campaign. The Brit did not. Go figure. More faux outrage from the drooling borg of the left.

If, as an American living abroad, my money is 'foreign', can anyone tell me why I have to pay US taxes on it?

So, it's American money when they want me to pay for their welfare... but not when it comes to contributing to my chosen candidate for President. I find left wing 'logic' very weird. Is it just me?

A few weeks ago there was a bunch of hoopla about people such as this renouncing their citizenship for tax purposes, I wonder what was their primary concern when talking to Romney? It could not have been too much concerning domestic policy.

The Prohibition

The Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA) prohibits any foreign national from contributing, donating or spending funds in connection with any federal, state, or local election in the United States, either directly or indirectly. It is also unlawful to help foreign nationals violate that ban or to solicit, receive or accept contributions or donations from them. Persons who knowingly and willfully engage in these activities may be subject to fines and/or imprisonment.

Foreign Nationals Brochure

My reading of the law, seems to show that Americans no matter where they may be are permitted to donate to campaigns. The key word here is "foreign nationals" and last I checked if an American citizen is sitting in a room in London, Moscow, or the moon for that matter and wishes to dontate to a political candidate then they have every right to do so. What it is clear is a campaign and candidate does not have the right to accept donations from "foreign nationals" and those that do violate Federal law. Seems clear enough.

A few weeks ago there was a bunch of hoopla about people such as this renouncing their citizenship for tax purposes, I wonder what was their primary concern when talking to Romney? It could not have been too much concerning domestic policy.

What are you babbling about? Are you claiming that those who contributed to his campaign had renounced their citizenship? Or are you just grasping at straws because your OP is so profoundly stupid that you can't deal with having your ass handed to you?

I know several people who attended one of the fundraisers. One Brit and several Americans... the Americans all kicked in to his campaign. The Brit did not. Go figure. More faux outrage from the drooling borg of the left.

What part of "Brits" don't you get?

What part of "Brits" don't you get?

So attending the fundraiser is illegal? The Brit did not contribute. What part of that is over your intellectual pay grade?

When donations are to democrats, the money loses the identification with foreign donations. When the money is donated to republicans it amounts to relinquishing citizenship.

obama has already milked the donors in the US dry, he has no choice but to go overseas.

What are you babbling about? Are you claiming that those who contributed to his campaign had renounced their citizenship? Or are you just grasping at straws because your OP is so profoundly stupid that you can't deal with having your ass handed to you?

WTF are you babbling about? I was only wondering what these people wanted out of a Romney presidency. What do you think they want?

Forum List

Back