Foreign Money Influencing Elections?

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
The Chamber of Commerce takes donations from foreign entities and puts it into the same bank account that they use for political ads. IF TRUE, this means that non-americans can have an unlimited influence on our elections.

Simple question here: Should foreign money be taken to influence American elections?

According to the Huffingtom Post article "Exclusive: Foreign-Funded ‘U.S.’ Chamber Of Commerce Running Partisan Attack Ads" it appears that this may be the case. Looks like another reason America is having difficulty solving the long-term problems facing us. Unless of course you think foreign interest equals American interest.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

yes?? so did obie wan and clinton.. so fuck off. whydonchya?

This isnt a partisan issue thats why I left out any right vs left arguements. but, you're serious about foreign money in our elections?

I dont care who does it...I dont think thats in Americas best interests, period. You?

This isnt a partisan issue thats why I left out any right vs left arguements. but, you're serious about foreign money in our elections?

I dont care who does it...I dont think thats in Americas best interests, period. You?

I'm bettin all the foreign money in da world you didn't bitch a word when obie wan done it..

I'm bettin all the foreign money in da world you didn't bitch a word when obie wan done it..

Yes I did but What the fuck does that have to do with FOREIGN MONEY IN OUR ELECTIONS IS BAD :cuckoo:

I'll say it again, I dont care WHO does it, I dont like the shit and it's wrong.....Can you say the same or are just cool with foreigners influencing our elections?

Dont pull this "mommy they did it too" bullshit. Makes you look like an apologist-anything-goes-partisan"

Thank you Roberts for that ruling in Citizens United. Who the fuck didn't know that this was going to be a loophole for foreign cash to influence our elections. Anyone who doesn't think that the Chinese, Russians, Saudis, and India don't have a strong interest in the outcome of our elections have their heads up their ass. They now have a legal means of dumping millions into it.

Last edited:
Thank you Roberts for that ruling in Citizens United. Who the fuck didn't know that this was going to be a loophole for foreign cash to influence our elections. Anyone who doesn't think that the Chinese, Russians, Saudis, and India don't have a strong interest in the outcome of our elections has their heads up their ass. They now have a legal means of dumping millions into it.

Activist judges...member that phrase.

People like Willow pretend they are for America then they show their true colors

Yes I did but What the fuck does that have to do with FOREIGN MONEY IN OUR ELECTIONS IS BAD :cuckoo:

I'll say it again, I dont care WHO does it, I dont like the shit and it's wrong.....Can you say the same or are just cool with foreigners influencing our elections?

Dont pull this "mommy they did it too" bullshit. Makes you look like an apologist-anything-goes-partisan"

I'm for Republicans playing one iota dirtier than demonRats. Winning is winning and since demonRats are gonna cheat, Republicans need to cheat BETTER.

Here's Roy Blunt dodging the issue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn6ALxtwwZc]YouTube - Rep. Roy Blunt Runs From Question Re: Chamber's Foreign-Funded Ads[/ame]

The Chamber of Commerce takes donations from foreign entities and puts it into the same bank account that they use for political ads. IF TRUE, this means that non-americans can have an unlimited influence on our elections.

Simple question here: Should foreign money be taken to influence American elections?

Hey, if the Chinese can buy Clinton, Gore, and Obama then other countries can contribute to elections as well.
Sheesh. Where do people get this shit?

Excellent editorial:

Clean and Open American Elections

For at least 44 years, it has been illegal for foreign corporations, countries and individuals to make political contributions in the United States for any election, either directly or indirectly. It is even against the law to solicit such contributions. But in this Wild West year of political money, that longstanding ban is being set aside. The United States Chamber of Commerce — one of the biggest advertisers in midterm races around the country — is actively soliciting foreign money, and government enforcers seem to be doing nothing to stop it.

According to a report issued Tuesday by the Center for American Progress, a liberal policy group in Washington, the chamber is getting “dues” payments of tens of thousands of dollars from foreign companies in countries such as Bahrain, India and Egypt, and then mingling the money with its fund to advocate for or against candidates in the midterm races.

I'm for Republicans playing one iota dirtier than demonRats. Winning is winning and since demonRats are gonna cheat, Republicans need to cheat BETTER.

Publius Infinitum, is that you? P/I? are you lurking in willow's body?

Hey, if the Chinese can buy Clinton, Gore, and Obama then other countries can contribute to elections as well.
Sheesh. Where do people get this shit?

I dont know where you get this shit. Where's your proof? And no matter who did it...I can say, it's wrong. Period.

Are you willing to even type your answer? Or just say "mommy they did it too" like Willow does?

Excellent editorial:

Clean and Open American Elections

For at least 44 years, it has been illegal for foreign corporations, countries and individuals to make political contributions in the United States for any election, either directly or indirectly. It is even against the law to solicit such contributions. But in this Wild West year of political money, that longstanding ban is being set aside. The United States Chamber of Commerce — one of the biggest advertisers in midterm races around the country — is actively soliciting foreign money, and government enforcers seem to be doing nothing to stop it.

According to a report issued Tuesday by the Center for American Progress, a liberal policy group in Washington, the chamber is getting “dues” payments of tens of thousands of dollars from foreign companies in countries such as Bahrain, India and Egypt, and then mingling the money with its fund to advocate for or against candidates in the midterm races.

And here again we see the gross hypocrisy of the Democrats.
The Chamber is spending $44M. No telling how much of that is actually foreign money, since they don't have to disclose.
The SEIU otoh is spending $88M with money illegally taken from workers and used for campaign purposes.
Unions To Pool Spending For Midterm Elections - WSJ.com

Publius Infinitum, is that you? P/I? are you lurking in willow's body?

Nope. It's me WillowTree. And I stand by what I said. I'll be impressed when you fucktards on the left start calling out your own. til then fuckthehelloff.

Forum List

Back