Foreign Minister against N. Korea launches, US-S. Korea exercises

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
China has called on North Korea to stop its nuclear and missile tests, and South Korea and the United States to stop their joint military exercises to avoid what could be a "head-on collision".

Foreign Minister Wang Yi yesterday characterised North Korea's nuclear programme and missile tests on one side and the annual US-South Korea drills on the other as "two accelerating trains coming towards each other".

To defuse the "looming crisis" of a "head-on collision", Beijing proposes that Pyongyang suspend its nuclear and missile tests in exchange for Seoul and Washington halting their large-scale exercises.

After this first step, the two sides could take a dual-track approach of a denuclearisation process coupled with the building of a peace mechanism, Mr Wang said at a press conference on the sidelines of the ongoing annual parliamentary session.

North Korea fired four ballistic missiles on Monday in response to the ongoing US-South Korea drills.
China urges halt to missile tests and military drills

Have you ever seen that commercial where the kids are in the back of the car and one of the kids has his finger really close to his sister and he keeps repeating: I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you?

That's what we are watching.

Chinese government stance is like do ut des "you South koreans and Americans stop with your large scale military excercises and our North koreans allies suspend their nuclear tests".
Maybe this is a good chance to decrease tension in the Far East :)

China has called on North Korea to stop its nuclear and missile tests, and South Korea and the United States to stop their joint military exercises to avoid what could be a "head-on collision".

Foreign Minister Wang Yi yesterday characterised North Korea's nuclear programme and missile tests on one side and the annual US-South Korea drills on the other as "two accelerating trains coming towards each other".

To defuse the "looming crisis" of a "head-on collision", Beijing proposes that Pyongyang suspend its nuclear and missile tests in exchange for Seoul and Washington halting their large-scale exercises.

After this first step, the two sides could take a dual-track approach of a denuclearisation process coupled with the building of a peace mechanism, Mr Wang said at a press conference on the sidelines of the ongoing annual parliamentary session.

North Korea fired four ballistic missiles on Monday in response to the ongoing US-South Korea drills.
China urges halt to missile tests and military drills

Have you ever seen that commercial where the kids are in the back of the car and one of the kids has his finger really close to his sister and he keeps repeating: I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you?

That's what we are watching.

Neither one is going to happen.

Forum List

Back