Foreign Aid

Does the money we give North Korea feed the people or feed the army. The more of the people we aid the less the government needs to do for them and the more resorces they have for the military.
I believe in the case of a mud slide, typhon or other national disasters we need to step in but not always with cash. This type of aid will give us the biggest rewards.
Comments?

Because we are investing our Treasury to fight terror, which also protects Israel, I think they should pay their own way. We need the $4 billion a year we give them. My local town has streets full of cracks and potholes. But the local town lacks the money to fix them. My children go to school in trailer buildings, because the old main buildings leak. Our President needs to fight the war on terror but also tell our foreign welfare recipients that we need the money at home.

left alone said:
Can someone please explain foreign aid or other types of money we send around the world. I read somewhere where we were going to hold up the 600 million dollars we normally send Palestine until their new govt. denounces their threats to destroy Isreal.

Why are we giving them money in the first place? 600 million and they hate us? How hard would they demonstrate if we only gave them 100 million?

We are also giving money to North Korea. Come on, give me a break, North Korea?

Are we trying to buy friends? If so, its not working. Can someone explain the theory behind this?

YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. TRY TO GET SOME OF THE CONGRESSIONAL RECORDS IN THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS, THE SUMMATION OF THE FOREIGN RELATIONSHIPS WAS REALLY ENLIGHTENING. BUT,, MANY ON THIS BBS DON'T SEEM TO GIVE A HOOT.

I feel bad for the man that reported potholes and cracks in his streets and poor schools. That is not what we have here where I live. Great new high tec schools and streets. BUT...We received no foreign aid. We didn't rely on the federal government. We have done it ourselves. As it should be.
The federals should have little to do with our everyday lives.
Too many people expect to pay$1.00 in tax and get $1.50 in services. We are all better off to pay 50 cents in taxes and rely on ourselves do the rest.

left alone said:
Does the money we give North Korea feed the people or feed the army. The more of the people we aid the less the government needs to do for them and the more resorces they have for the military.
I believe in the case of a mud slide, typhon or other national disasters we need to step in but not always with cash. This type of aid will give us the biggest rewards.
Comments?

Ever run into a whino panhandling and offer to buy him a meal when all he wants is money to buy more wine? The reception is less than cordial.

Forum List

Back