Foreclosure Mill's Halloween Party Mocks Homeless, Displaced

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
A Buffalo, N.Y. law firm specializing in facilitating foreclosure proceedings for large banks received some of the worst PR imaginable over the weekend, when the New York Times ran office Halloween-party photos featuring the firm's staff seeming to mock the homeless and displaced.

According to Times columnis Joe Nocera, the photos of the Steven J. Baum firm bash were actually from a Halloween party last year and were provided by a former employee.

In one photo, a woman wears a sign around her neck that reads, "3rd party squatter. I lost my home and I was never served."

According to Nocera's anonymous source, that statement is meant to mock "the typical excuse of the homeowner trying to evade a foreclosure."

Another picture shows a coffin with a picture of woman with her eyes cut out. A sign reads, "Rest in Peace. Crazy Susie." That's allegedly a reference to Susan Chana Lask, a lawyer who filed a class-action suit against Steven J. Baum.

According to the Times, the firm is already under investigation

20111029_NOCERA-IMG-slide-N9Q1-articleLarge.jpg

READ MORE http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/30/idUS356037819720111030

Last edited:
Well, well, well....

Whoops! It is apparently Not Okay as of “since Occupy Wall Street started” for the sadistic owner of a foreclosure mill to openly mock the struggling families it makes truckloads of money throwing out of their homes by forcing its employees to costume themselves as homeless people for Halloween, so Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac decided to “evict” the law firm of Steven J. Baum from its referral list, for not having the decency of every other government-supported jillion-dollar corrupt business to just have their laffs at the poor in private. Without all these referrals, the firm is being forced to close down.

Evil ‘Homeless Costume Party’ Eviction Firm Closing, For Being Evil

Absolutely Shameful! Perhaps their above the rest. Also, I imagine from the picture they don't believe in proper service of court documents to appear in court.

To not serve a person is the paper to appear in court is done all the time. All one has to do is get a third person to sign the paper that they served the other party. Boom-Batt-Bang no questioned asked the bank forcloses and the person is totally unaware of what just happened.

I just had this happen to me...a judgement was made and I wasn't even served. The court doesn't care. That is why I keep all my paperwork in order, because unlike most, I file whatever it is I need to file and call them on it.

Many law firm operate this way. Otherwise they have to work for a living. Stealing is so much faster.

One of my hobbies back in the day was to research huge law firms and read all the essays their lawyers would publish on the net. It is one way to educate one self on the powers that be.

May the Lord bless them with all that they have blessed others.

Peace Out!

this is kind of an old story.

but they announced this week that firm is closing

Foreclosure Firm Steven J. Baum to Close Down
BY PETER LATTMAN

A law firm that had become a lightning rod in the controversy over mortgage-foreclosure practices has shut down, costing 89 employees their jobs.

The Steven J. Baum P.C. law firm, which has offices in Amherst, N.Y., and Westbury, N.Y., has filed papers with government agencies notifying them that it plans to close. It made the filings under a federal law requiring employers to provide notice before mass layoffs.

Foreclosure Firm Steven J. Baum to Close Down - NYTimes.com

Many law firm operate this way. Otherwise they have to work for a living. Stealing is so much faster.

most law firms do NOT operate that way. that's why this particular office is out of business. most lawyers do their jobs in accordance with the rules of ethics.

trust me, one client is not worth a career.

Republicans or Democrats? Who is more likely to do such a thing?

The firm is most likely open again right now under a different name. It's done all the time.

Forum List

Back