Foreclosing on a bank.

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
And you thought the government had a bad case of beuracratic inertia.

Bank of America in Florida Foreclosed On by Angry Homeowner - ABC News

In Florida an angry homeowner whose home was wrongfully foreclosed on by Bank of America gets revenge by foreclosing on the bank's local branch. In Georgia, in a different property dispute, a city court judge threatens to jail the local BofA branch manager for contempt of court.

Any relation between the two incidents? "Just mere coincidences," says bank spokesperson Jumana Bauwens. Still, if you're BofA, you've got to be asking yourself: Where's the love?

The Florida incident arose when the bank foreclosed on Warren and Maureen Nyerges of Golden Gate Estates in Naples. This surprised the Nyerges, since they had no mortgage--not with BofA or with anybody else. They had paid cash for their home in 2009.

Warren Nyerges made phone calls to the bank to try to get them to desist. "I talked to branch managers, I called anyone who would listen to me," he told the Naples News. "I wrote a certified letter to the [bank] president. No response, nothing." Finally he hired an attorney. Two months later, the foreclosure had been dismissed.

Nyerges then sought to recover his attorney's fees, and got a judgment against the bank. Five more months passed: more phone calls, more letters; no payment. Nyerges went back to court and got a writ of execution, which gave him permission to seize bank assets in payment for his judgment.

And you thought the government had a bad case of beuracratic inertia.

Bank of America in Florida Foreclosed On by Angry Homeowner - ABC News

In Florida an angry homeowner whose home was wrongfully foreclosed on by Bank of America gets revenge by foreclosing on the bank's local branch. In Georgia, in a different property dispute, a city court judge threatens to jail the local BofA branch manager for contempt of court.

Any relation between the two incidents? "Just mere coincidences," says bank spokesperson Jumana Bauwens. Still, if you're BofA, you've got to be asking yourself: Where's the love?

The Florida incident arose when the bank foreclosed on Warren and Maureen Nyerges of Golden Gate Estates in Naples. This surprised the Nyerges, since they had no mortgage--not with BofA or with anybody else. They had paid cash for their home in 2009.

Warren Nyerges made phone calls to the bank to try to get them to desist. "I talked to branch managers, I called anyone who would listen to me," he told the Naples News. "I wrote a certified letter to the [bank] president. No response, nothing." Finally he hired an attorney. Two months later, the foreclosure had been dismissed.

Nyerges then sought to recover his attorney's fees, and got a judgment against the bank. Five more months passed: more phone calls, more letters; no payment. Nyerges went back to court and got a writ of execution, which gave him permission to seize bank assets in payment for his judgment.

by the way - our communist government is still forcing banks to give loans to people who can not afford them - dont count on our communist media to report this !

Technically this is not forclosure, it is seizure of assests in order to satisfy a court order.

But it would have still be fun to watch.

Forum List

Back