Ford's new electric car

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford is preparing to sell an electric car developed almost entirely by an outside supplier. While that may cut down on bragging rights - General Motors created the Chevy Volt in-house - Ford says it also cut down on costs and risk.

In other words, why invent the electric wheel when somebody else can do it for you?

Meanwhile, Ford's partner, auto supplier Magna International, is offering to do for other carmakers what it's done for Ford, and possibly more. If you're a carmaker and you want to sell an electric car, Magna says it's ready to design it and build it for you.

The electric Ford Focus, due out in early 2011, is largely the product of Canada-based auto parts and assembly supplier Magna International (MGA). Magna developed the car mostly on its own, building it inside a Ford Focus body for demonstration purposes.

Ford turns to a supplier to build an electric car - Mar. 20, 2009

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Ford is preparing to sell an electric car developed almost entirely by an outside supplier. While that may cut down on bragging rights - General Motors created the Chevy Volt in-house - Ford says it also cut down on costs and risk.

In other words, why invent the electric wheel when somebody else can do it for you?

Meanwhile, Ford's partner, auto supplier Magna International, is offering to do for other carmakers what it's done for Ford, and possibly more. If you're a carmaker and you want to sell an electric car, Magna says it's ready to design it and build it for you.

The electric Ford Focus, due out in early 2011, is largely the product of Canada-based auto parts and assembly supplier Magna International (MGA). Magna developed the car mostly on its own, building it inside a Ford Focus body for demonstration purposes.

Ford turns to a supplier to build an electric car - Mar. 20, 2009

I had a 2000 Ford Focus ZTS. Fully loaded, leather, power windows, locks, 5 speed manual trans, you name it.

It was the best damn car I've ever had. I had absolutely NO problems with it. It drove like a beauty.

I'd rather get Tesla Model S

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvzOdYVw6Pw]YouTube - Tesla Sedan Unveiled! Tesla Model S Hits the Road[/ame]

That s just stupid, why would I buy a magna car from Ford? I d buy a magna car from Magna International, since they re so able to make the car.

In short: Ford fucked up, they re out of touch with this modern age. Same could be said about GM, but we already knew that.

I had a 2000 Ford Focus ZTS. Fully loaded, leather, power windows, locks, 5 speed manual trans, you name it.

It was the best damn car I've ever had. I had absolutely NO problems with it. It drove like a beauty.

HAD a Ford Focus?

If it was so good, where is it now?

I HAVE a Honda Civic, 2001, and it starts and drives like the day I drove it home brand new.

I'll buy a Ford when they are made by Honda and Toyota.

New Topics

Forum List

Back