Ford's 'Global Car' To Roll Out in Mexico

it makes NO sense. The STRONGEST our middle class has ever been was during periods of labor unions where there was acutal value beyond the bottom line put on the American Laborer. Yet, MAGICALLY, despite the example of Japan the "free traders" would have us believe that a total hands off approach is the best economic system. well, CLEARLY thats a load of shit.

Not to mention, rationalizing third world slave labor just to regurgitate an ignorant fucking talking point.

and, yes the Mexicans ARE the problem since they have no desire to change the nature of their own third world country when there is an escape pod just north of the rio grand. Just like the CHINESE are to blame for allowing their draconian conditions.

I agree with you about the strongest our middle class has been. But the right has systematically tried to deconstruct all of the policies that gave us a strong middle class.

As for third world labor. I think it safe to say that corporatists love the cheap labor from mexico. I think it's also safe to say that there are certain industries that would collapse without it.

As for the Mexicans, only a problem to the extent that the corporatists want their cheap labor. And, not for nothing, you willing to work as a nanny for a couple of hundred dollars a week? I didn't think so. I think they do jobs Americans are unwilling to do.

i dont make excuses for those industries. Im not going to validate slave labor for the sake of cheap bananas.

Jillian, you just rationalized the same kind of share cropping system that America made efforts to get rid of the last time we were trying to validate legal slavery. Im not going to validate second class citizens just because some rich asshole wants to pay the least amount possible to have some mexican make his bed or mow his lawn. Further, Im just not in the mood to enable a cycle that perpetuates the shithole that mexico is for the sake of cheap laber. Especially, when the US is being bled dry like the husk of a tsetse fly host.

i dont make excuses for those industries. Im not going to validate slave labor for the sake of cheap bananas.

Jillian, you just rationalized the same kind of share cropping system that America made efforts to get rid of the last time we were trying to validate legal slavery. Im not going to validate second class citizens just because some rich asshole wants to pay the least amount possible to have some mexican make his bed or mow his lawn. Further, Im just not in the mood to enable a cycle that perpetuates the shithole that mexico is for the sake of cheap laber. Especially, when the US is being bled dry like the husk of a tsetse fly host.

So what's your solution? Import taxes?

you are fucking right. tarrifs for supposed American companies whose products and services are outsourced to a foreign nation. If they can't produce their goods using American talent then they can sell their wares to a bunch of mexicans with pesos. Can't place your call center in the US because India is cheaper? We tax the shit out of em.

Better yet, ID CUT taxes for companies whose total labor force is at least 90% American. This applies to companies whose Caribbean tax shelters are no circumvention around US laws.

Again, my example is Japan and their closed system. They dominate the auto industry and cheap dirtbag mexican labor won't change that OR benefit the US in this period of devalueing the American Middle Class.

Vote
Shogun for President

Shogun 2012
Jazz, Apple Pie, Barbecue and Shogun

Shogun
The Show Me Party
Investing in America since 1977

Shogun
"I'll be your huckleberry" campaign 2012

Forum List

Back