Ford reports second-quarter profit

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
To all you anti American Anti Detroit Anti American manufacturing anti union fucks! Eat it bitches!!!! Fuck you Willow!

Ford reports surprise second-quarter profit - Autos- msnbc.com

Ford Motor Co. posted a surprise second-quarter profit of $2.3 billion Thursday, following the worst loss in company history a year earlier.

The net profit ends a string of four straight quarterly losses for the nation’s second-largest automaker, which has gained U.S. market share at the expense of crosstown rivals Chrysler Group LLC and General Motors Co., both of which spent time under bankruptcy court supervision. Ford last went into the black in the first quarter of 2008, with net profit of $70 million.

“If gas prices do not begin to climb, they’re also going to face the challenge of having a lot of small cars to sell and there may not be the demand for them,” he said.

So the George Bush Gas Boys fucked the Big 3, who were doing great selling Trucks.

I thought the Dems took control of Congress in 06 because they promised to lower the price of gas?

People turned away from GM and Chrysler when they saw that the gubmint (and unions) are now the owners...

Common sense would dictate that some of those customers would look harder at Ford products...

People turned away from GM and Chrysler when they saw that the gubmint (and unions) are now the owners...

Common sense would dictate that some of those customers would look harder at Ford products...

I think this is the first time since the Model T that Ford outsold GM

It was pretty well known to the informed, even back during bailout season, that Ford would be turning a profit sometime this year.

I would think the decline in taking a bailout would have been the first clue. Beyond that, a little investigation into their finances should have shown their capability.

I'm STILL kicking myself for not buying when it was under $2/share.

New Topics

Forum List

Back