Ford overtakes toyota

Ford always outscores Toyota:

In break downs.

Rebuilt engines.

Rebuilt transmissions.

Doorhandles that fall off.

Dumb electronics that nobody wants, cost a lot, and constantly fail.

Ugliest sedans

Ugliest coops.

Closing dealerships.

Yep, Ford, Chrysler and Chevy and definitely in the lead on the above.

:rolleyes: I'm working on my third trip around the odometer in my 20 year old F150 ... 230,000 + miles, one owner, the insides of the engine, tranny or rearend have never seen the light of day since they bolted 'em shut in Detroit.

Freeway miles.

Ford always outscores Toyota:

In break downs.

Rebuilt engines.

Rebuilt transmissions.

Doorhandles that fall off.

Dumb electronics that nobody wants, cost a lot, and constantly fail.

Ugliest sedans

Ugliest coops.

Closing dealerships.

Yep, Ford, Chrysler and Chevy and definitely in the lead on the above.

:rolleyes: I'm working on my third trip around the odometer in my 20 year old F150 ... 230,000 + miles, one owner, the insides of the engine, tranny or rearend have never seen the light of day since they bolted 'em shut in Detroit.

Freeway miles.

No, but I do live in the country, very little traffic and traffic lights are few and far between.

I only put about 10,000-12,000 miles a year on it and maintain it diligently.

Last edited:
the patriots simply switched from buying GM and Chrysler to Ford so Ford got a boost being the only domestic alternative.

Toyota got no boost because there are plenty of other good import cars.

Pun of the week

It's not mine, but I cannot give credit where credit is due...sorry. Didn't catch the punster's name.

I understand that the government's plan for how it will to run the bankrupted Chrysler company, which it now owns, is managment by FIAT.

And you Republicans say that no one wants to buy American. Why do you hate America and American workers so much? Over half the cars sold in America are made by the Big 3. Stop wishing America and Obama will fail. Its sad. :(

Ford Motor Co., the healthiest of Detroit's auto makers, scored a small victory, outselling Toyota Motor Co. for the first time in at least a year as the Japanese auto maker's sales fell even more preciptiously than those of its U.S. rival.

Auto Sales Remain in a Rut; Ford Overtakes Toyota - WSJ.com

you are a moron....

why should i buy something simply because it is "american"? whats funny is that you don't even realize that a "ford/american" car is not entirely american....it has many foreign parts.

i own two jap 4runners. love em. will not buy american until they give me the same quality.

wtf should shell out my dollars to buy some car/truck simply because it is """"american""""?

Ford does put out a very good product, and they have for quite some time. My Ford Explorer was the best vehicle I ever owned. The reason Ford doesn't need the bailout money is due to the simple fact they have planned for the future. They make more cars that people want, and the quality is good. If you own a foreign vehicle, that is up to you. Many of them make a very good product also.

Before I got married I just bought American cars out of loyalty. I would not consider buying foreign vehicles. After I got married I decided to do research such as looking at Consumer Reports publications then choose a vehicle based in large part on that reading. I put a heavy emphasis on how much of a bargain the vehicle was, fuel efficiency, and reliability. In every case but one that led me towards a Japanese vehicle and that's what I ended up purchasing. The one exception was when I wanted a small truck and the process led me to buy a Ford Ranger.

The Ford Ranger was a good buy. It was cheap, got 28 to 30 mpg, and I drove it until it had about 250,000 miles on it without having to do any out-of-routine repairs on it. However, it did have nagging problems such as some key dashboard lights going out and a drivers side door switch that didn't work so that the dome light would stay on all the time and I had to take the bulbs out to keep my battery from getting drawn down.

I think the thing is that unions in the United States increased the labor cost associated with a vehicle so that it's difficult for an American car company to offer a comparable vehicle at comparable cost. You generally get more for your money buying Japanese, I think. Plus, my general experience has been that Japanese vehicles just tend to be more satisfactory. I've driven a bunch of different American cars over many years because I've always worked for organizations that use only American cars for business. Contrasting my experience in driving those cars with that of driving the Japanese vehicles I've personally owned just led me to feel that the Japanese companies generally have made better vehicles.

That's not a scientific survey or anything. Just the way it turned out for somebody who didn't particualrly care where the car was made, had no bias against American vehicles, and started just trying to get the best quality in terms of the characteristics he was looking for given the funds at his disposal, and ended up buying 8 Japanese vehicles to 2 American ones (in addition to my own Ranger my wife and I bought my son one).

Last edited:
Before I got married I just bought American cars out of loyalty. I would not consider buying foreign vehicles. After I got married I decided to do research such as looking at Consumer Reports publications then choose a vehicle based in large part on that reading. I put a heavy emphasis on how much of a bargain the vehicle was, fuel efficiency, and reliability. In every case but one that led me towards a Japanese vehicle and that's what I ended up purchasing. The one exception was when I wanted a small truck and the process led me to buy a Ford Ranger.

The Ford Ranger was a good buy. It was cheap, got 28 to 30 mpg, and I drove it until it had about 250,000 miles on it without having to do any out-of-routine repairs on it. However, it did have nagging problems such as some key dashboard lights going out and a drivers side door switch that didn't work so that the dome light would stay on all the time and I had to take the bulbs out to keep my battery from getting drawn down.

I think the thing is that unions in the United States increased the labor cost associated with a vehicle so that it's difficult for an American car company to offer a comparable vehicle at comparable cost. You generally get more for your money buying Japanese, I think. Plus, my general experience has been that Japanese vehicles just tend to be more satisfactory. I've driven a bunch of different American cars over many years because I've always worked for organizations that use only American cars for business. Contrasting my experience in driving those cars with that of driving the Japanese vehicles I've personally owned just led me to feel that the Japanese companies generally have made better vehicles.

That's not a scientific survey or anything. Just the way it turned out for somebody who didn't particualrly care where the car was made, had no bias against American vehicles, and started just trying to get the best quality in terms of the characteristics he was looking for given the funds at his disposal, and ended up buying 8 Japanese vehicles to 2 American ones (in addition to my own Ranger my wife and I bought my son one).

I remember that notion. Loyalty? "Gone With The Wind". innit?

the government's plan for how it will to run the bankrupted Chrysler company, which it now owns, is managment by FIAT.

yeah. FIAT. lol.

what FIAT is probably gonna do though is simply use Chrysler dealerships to sell and service their own cars in US. they're probably gonna close down all factories anyway - just keep the dealerships.

i think they just wanted access to US market.

Sealybobo, good news - I've never understood how supporting a foreign nation's economy while our own people are out of work is good for anything. If only one quarter of the people who buy subsidized foreign cars bought American, we would have a sounder economy, and more people paying into the social network that supports all Americans. I am considering getting stickers for our American made cars - made here. Buy American support yourself.

And when it comes to consumer reports and all these other publications that support foreign cars I have to question the author, the study methods and the biases. I have never seen a foreign car except in the very high price range that is of the quality of our Buicks and Pontiacs.

Buy American first then if you want to support the Japanese, Koreans, or Germans in your family buy a mug made there. LOL

Made In Usa Bumper Stickers - CafePress

MADEINUSA.COM - understand the power of patriotic spending
American Made Products Directory - Made in USA, United States Manufacturers
Made in USA, Made in America, US, American-Made

made in usa symbol - Ask.com Web Search

toyoto recalls

Toyota Recalls - View Toyota Recall Reports, Defects & Problems at InternetAutoGuide.com

Don't just blame the union workers. Look at how much GM's CEO and Exec's get paid compared to Honda/Toyota's.

If American Corporations are going to pit American Labor vs foreign labor, I think it is important we start comparing our CEO's to India & China's CEO's. I bet we will find our CEO's are paid too much and not nearly as hard working.

Mad Scientist beat me to the punch:

"Toyota saw a 42% decline in April, while Ford's U.S. sales fell 32%."

Yippee!!!!!

Your reply reminds me of when Republicans get mad when we say Clinton has a surplus.

Doesn't matter if he did or not. Fact is, he did better than Reagan, Bush and Bush.

And Ford did better than Toyota & Honda. That's all that matters.

I'm happy for Ford. They are the only American car company that did not ask for a handout. They are the only American car company that recognized their issues in time to take action to fix their company.

I own a Ford made car now (and have for the last 20 years). I do hope that the advantages that Chrysler and GM get in bankruptcy don't damage Ford for doing the right things early. But, the ability to drastically rework labor contracts will probably present a significant competitive advantage to GM and Chrysler.

I'm happy for Ford. They are the only American car company that did not ask for a handout. They are the only American car company that recognized their issues in time to take action to fix their company.

I own a Ford made car now (and have for the last 20 years). I do hope that the advantages that Chrysler and GM get in bankruptcy don't damage Ford for doing the right things early. But, the ability to drastically rework labor contracts will probably present a significant competitive advantage to GM and Chrysler.

My fear is they are taking and taking and taking from labor and as they go, so do the rest of us. Bye Bye middle class.

My fear is they are taking and taking and taking from labor and as they go, so do the rest of us. Bye Bye middle class.

So, in Michigan, do they keep you from advancing in prosperity? I mean, you are saying bye, bye middle class, like people can't do something else besides whatever they were doing.

Why can't all the auto workers become upper class? (Whatever that is)

Is it the right of all people in Michigan to make $40,000 + for turning one bolt to the right for 7 hours a day? I seriously don't get the mind set at all.

the patriots simply switched from buying GM and Chrysler to Ford so Ford got a boost being the only domestic alternative.

Toyota got no boost because there are plenty of other good import cars.
plus why do you need to buy a new Toyota when your's is still running and you don't have to worry so much about your resale value. I sold an 86' Acura Integra six years ago for the same price you could sale 95' Ford small compact car or any other American made compact car.

So, in Michigan, do they keep you from advancing in prosperity? I mean, you are saying bye, bye middle class, like people can't do something else besides whatever they were doing.

Is it the right of all people in Michigan to make $40,000 + for turning one bolt to the right for 7 hours a day? I seriously don't get the mind set at all.

Of course you do not. Now tell us what you do and how much you make and I won't get the mindset of why you make as much as you do. And your job is next buddy.

And we can always find a Chinamen, Indian or Mexican to do that job better and for less.

The American middle class did not happen because of free markets. Free markets create a small rich ruling class and a huge working poor class.

You need to take a time trip back in time before unions came to be. And then tell me if that is the America you prefer or the America we had the past 50 years where it was possible for people to get ahead and succeed.

Today, people are going from middle class to poverty, not the other way around.

And people are going to college and finding out what was marketable 4 years ago isn't marketable today. Nothing is marketable. Not in this shitty economy.

So everyone should start their own business?

Bush said he was going to create an ownership society, meanwhile, everyone is losing their homes and going out of business.

It is too much to explain to you don't get it at this point. Way too much to explain.

And those factory workers kill themselves. They are broken after 30 years. What is that worth to you? $15 hr? Well we can get illegals to do it for $10 hr. Should we?

PS. If you are labor, you should be ashamed of yourself. Or, what about your kids? If your kids decide to not go to school and they want to just be labor, do you really want American unskilled labor to have to compete with illegals? I don't. So what paying them more will raise prices. Deal with it. That's what makes America great. I'm sure you think it is something else, but you are wrong, as usual.

No one can find any work here in Michigan. You are just happy to keep your job. Sure, if you know someone, you can probably find another job, but don't expect it will pay as much. No one is paying as much. Why should they? S&D baby!!!

This is all being done on purpose to lower wages. But you won't get it because I can't explain it to you in one talking point.

Just remember that while the GOP policies were ruining America, corporations were recording record profits.

Remember? That's why the GOP was saying the economy was doing GREAT!

And you forgot they were saying that. We warned you THIS was coming and you told us we were just bashing your beloved GW Bush.

And you pointed to the stock market and the DOW and said, "LOOK HOW GREAT THINGS ARE".

And now you see you were wrong but you'll NEVER admit it. NEVER. It was Freddy Macks fault, right? :eusa_liar:

Your headline is a bit misleading. Both companies sales are down. How is that a good thing? And you want to give credit for poor business numbers to your Dear Leader?

And finally, could you refresh our memories as to how much Bailout money Ford Motor Company took from the gubamint?

BS! My company's profits are down. You know how they measure a company's success in a mature, but down, market. By how that company is doing in respect to their competitors!

Last edited:

Of course you do not. Now tell us what you do and how much you make and I won't get the mindset of why you make as much as you do. And your job is next buddy.

And we can always find a Chinamen, Indian or Mexican to do that job better and for less.

The American middle class did not happen because of free markets. Free markets create a small rich ruling class and a huge working poor class.

You need to take a time trip back in time before unions came to be. And then tell me if that is the America you prefer or the America we had the past 50 years where it was possible for people to get ahead and succeed.

Today, people are going from middle class to poverty, not the other way around.

And people are going to college and finding out what was marketable 4 years ago isn't marketable today. Nothing is marketable. Not in this shitty economy.

So everyone should start their own business?

Bush said he was going to create an ownership society, meanwhile, everyone is losing their homes and going out of business.

It is too much to explain to you don't get it at this point. Way too much to explain.

And those factory workers kill themselves. They are broken after 30 years. What is that worth to you? $15 hr? Well we can get illegals to do it for $10 hr. Should we?

PS. If you are labor, you should be ashamed of yourself. Or, what about your kids? If your kids decide to not go to school and they want to just be labor, do you really want American unskilled labor to have to compete with illegals? I don't. So what paying them more will raise prices. Deal with it. That's what makes America great. I'm sure you think it is something else, but you are wrong, as usual.

Nobody should be competing against illegals. They need to be banned successfully.

Free markets create more jobs than are lost. But, it does create labor dislocations that occur much quicker than in a non-free market society. Thus, government needs to create training programs to reduce the length of those dislocations. But, the people need to be willing to accept and excel in their training.

I already have to compete against everyone you can imagine for my job. You have no concept of how many different cultures are represented in the DC area. Legal, illegal everything. Michigan is like a homogeneous island compared to here.

Forum List

Back