Ford Leaving U.S.

Businesses leave the US because it is cheaper to make their products overseas, which means they sell them cheaper here. The US cannot compete with foreign labor and resources.

Don't Levi's cost more today than when they left the country?

The iPhone costs how much?

It's profit!
Levis cost the same today as in the 80's , $50 bucks and cheap as hell, they used to last me a few years now it's around 4 months.

501's are $68.00 on-line. Sure they're cheap as hell, they're made in Bangladesh. So Levi is making what, $60 profit on each pant? And now we know the REAL reason.

Actually, I just saw them for $30 and $34. Took all of ten seconds to find those prices.

Do you EVER get tired of ALWAYS being wrong, dude?

Threatened with 35% Trump import tax, Ford backs down...
icon_wink.gif

Ford Motors cancels $1.6bn Mexico plant
Tue, 03 Jan 2017 - US car giant Ford says it is cancelling a $1.6bn (£1.3bn) plant it had planned to build in Mexico.
The US car giant will spend $700m on expanding the plant at Flat Rock. Ford boss Mark Fields said the decision was partly due to falling sales of small cars and partly a "vote of confidence" in Donald Trump's policies. The President-elect has criticised both Ford and its rival General Motors over production of models in Mexico. Mr Trump earlier on Tuesday tweeted criticism of GM's production of its Chevy Cruze model in Mexico.

'Vote of confidence in Trump'

Ford's chief executive, Mark Fields, told the BBC that the main decision to cancel the plant in Mexico was because of a "dramatic decline for the demand for small cars here in North America," allowing the company to cope with its existing plant. But he said another factor in the decision was the "more favourable US business environment that we see under President-elect Trump and some of the pro-growth policies that he's been talking about". "That did play a part and it's a vote of confidence that he can deliver on these things," Mr Fields added.

Electric cars

Ford is not abandoning production completely in Mexico, but is switching production of its Focus model to its existing plant in Hermosillo there to improve profitability. It makes the current version at its plant in Wayne in Michigan. Production at that facility will switch to two new models, which it says will safeguard 3,500 US jobs. The planned $1.6bn plant in Mexico was to be built in San Luis Potosi, but Ford said it would now invest some of that sum in Flat Rock, creating 700 jobs building a range of electric cars. Mexico's economy ministry said it regretted Ford's decision, adding that it had assurances that the US car firm would pay the state of San Luis Potosi for any costs incurred from the cancellation.

Earlier on Tuesday, Mr Trump criticised General Motors on Twitter for making cars built in Mexico and made available tax-free in the US. "General Motors is sending Mexican made model of Chevy Cruze to US car dealers-tax free across border. Make in U.S.A. or pay big border tax!" he tweeted. However, GM said most of its Chevy Cruze cars were made in the US. A spokesman said only the hatchback model, which forms a small percentage of sales, was made in Mexico. He added that the car was built there for global production and said that although some Cruze sedans were made in Mexico for a while last year, all the ones now sold in the US were manufactured in Ohio.

Analysis: Simon Jack, business editor

I was suffering from the heartbreak of psoriasis, and after getting a sunlamp to treat it, all my symptoms disappeared, but the real reason that I am cured is Trump!

Trump dashes the Hispexican dream...
confused.gif

Mexican Ford plant workers blame Trump for dashed dreams
Jan 6,`17 -- Word spread quickly through cellphone messages and shouts between co-workers that Ford Motor Co. had canceled its new $1.6 billion car plant at its sprawling 700-acre high desert site in north-central Mexico.
"When I saw it on the phone, (I thought), 'Well, no, it can't be,'" said Higinio Salazar, a security guard who spent the past five months logging traffic into and out of the site and hoped to have steady work for months to come. "It was on orders of Mr. Trump," he said bitterly. That was not the case, Ford insists, but the perception here in Mexico's burgeoning auto assembly region was largely that President-elect Donald Trump, who had promised for months to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. while at the same time disparaging Mexicans, had made good before even settling into the White House. Trump took a shot at Toyota on Thursday over its move to make Corollas in this region, though the Japanese company defended its plan.

Ford's announcement sent shockwaves across Mexico, which has become tightly meshed with the U.S. economy since the advent of the North American Free Trade Agreement, sending 80 percent of its $532 billion in exports across the border in 2015. The U.S. government says $100 billion of that was in vehicles and parts, making Mexico the biggest exporter of automotive products to the United States. Mexico's auto plants now account for 20 percent of all light vehicles built in North America, industry figures say.

cba34dfb1e854a909e119aa6398d6d00_0-big.jpg

Barbed wire surrounds the site of a cancelled Ford auto manufacturing plant, one day after the U.S. auto company announced the project was called off, in Villa de Reyes, outside San Luis Potosi, Mexico, Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2017. The perception in this region was largely that President-elect Donald Trump, who had promised for months to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S. while at the same time disparaging Mexicans, had made good before even settling into the White House.​

State officials in San Luis Potosi did not find out much earlier than Salazar that plans had been scrapped for the long-awaited plant, which promised 2,800 direct jobs and more than 10,000 indirect ones through Ford's supply chain. State Economic Development Secretary Gustavo Puente Orozco said Ford told state officials about an hour before CEO Mark Fields made the announcement Tuesday. Puente said Ford made very clear it was a "definitive cancellation," citing supply and demand rather than politics. "They told us that it was a market issue - the issue that the Ford Focus that was the vehicle they thought to build, this light vehicle they planned to build in San Luis Potosi, they say the demand had dropped," Puente said.

Low gas prices have Americans turning again to larger vehicles and Focus sales have fallen victim to that trend. Fields said Ford will produce the Focus at an existing plant in Hermosillo, Mexico, and use some of the savings to invest $700 million in an existing Michigan plant to make hybrid, electric and autonomous vehicles. The San Luis Potosi plant was well past the theoretical stage and there were high hopes the state would see further economic growth from the opening of its third auto plant - General Motors Corp. has been producing the small Aveo and Trax vehicles up the road since 2008 and a BMW plant nearby is scheduled to begin production in early 2019. The steel bones of Ford's plant had begun to rise and signs designated the future spots for each part of the operation, from "stamping" to "final warehouse."

MORE

NAFTA renegotiation could upset Mexican Ford plant...
tongue.gif

Why a $1.6bn car plant has been left to decay
Tue, 23 May 2017 - Mexico is the world's fourth largest car exporter, but could Donald Trump bring this to an end?
Mexico is currently the world's fourth largest car exporter, but could US President Donald Trump's plans to renegotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) between the US, Canada and Mexico bring this to an end? On the outskirts of the Mexican state of San Luis Potosi, the skeletal remains of the partially constructed Ford plant loom over the desert. To the residents of the small towns surrounding the site it's a constant reminder of a failed economic promise. For Jose Puebla Ortiz, who sold his plot of land to Ford, it's still painful to think of the economic prosperity his family could have had.

_96036491_screenshot2017-05-12at5.30.37pm.png

The skeletal structure is all that remains of Ford's factory plans​

Mr Puebla Ortiz used the proceeds from the sale to buy a truck. He expected to work as a private contractor during the plant's construction, but since the company cancelled its plans he has struggled to find regular high-paying work. "When Ford arrived and we thought everything would be good... there was investment and there was money," he says. Now that investment has dried up. "[Ford] decided to pull out and overnight they told us, 'it's over, we're not continuing, we're leaving, this is cancelled.' And, well, there was nothing we could do."

In January, Ford announced it was cancelling plans to spend $1.6bn (£1.2bn) building a factory in here in central Mexico. The company's chief executive at the time, Mark Fields, said the decision related to the declining sales of small cars the company was intending to build at the new plant. But he also admitted that Donald Trump's presidential victory and the "improved business climate" the company expected as a result was a factor.

_96036493_screenshot2017-05-12at4.01.45pm.png

Jose Puebla Ortiz bought his truck with money from selling land to Ford​

During the campaign and since assuming the presidency Mr Trump has expressed his anger at car companies such as GM and Toyota for using Mexican plants to build cars sold in the US. He has called for the North American Free Trade Agreement (Nafta) to be renegotiated, blaming it for the loss of US jobs. The agreement - which came into effect between the US, Canada and Mexico in 1994 - created one of the world's largest free trade zones by reducing or eliminating tariffs on most products.

Why a $1.6bn car plant has been left to decay - BBC News

Want an American made car?

Maybe better get your finances in order and buy one soon.

'Cause soon there won't be any.

Ford is leading the charge:

Ford moving production of Focus and C-Max out of the US - Market Business News

(quoted material in blue)

Ford announced that it will no longer produce the Focus and C-Max vehicles at its Michigan Assembly plant starting in 2018.

In a statement the American automotive giant said:

“We will move production of the next-generation Ford Focus and C-MAX, which currently are built at Michigan Assembly Plant, beginning in 2018.

The company did not say where production will be moving to. It only confirmed that it is looking at “several possible options”.

However, Bill Johnson, UAW Chairman, reportedly told UAW members at the plant that production of the Focus will move “to a location outside of the United States.”

Let's see how much money Trump will offer them to stay.

Ford announced that it will no longer produce the Focus and C-Max vehicles at its Michigan Assembly plant starting in 2018.

“We will move production of the next-generation Ford Focus and C-MAX, which currently are built at Michigan Assembly Plant, beginning in 2018.

The company did not say where production will be moving to. It only confirmed that it is looking at “several possible options”.

However, Bill Johnson, UAW Chairman, reportedly told UAW members at the plant that production of the Focus will move “to a location outside of the United States.”

That would make him a lot like Obama, who bribed senators and House members to approve his stupid Obamacare. Obama also gave lots of public money to failed alternative energy firms. Some think he bribed Iran, by giving them billions of American's money.

No doubt Obama committed bribery numerous times, but you found that acceptable. What has changed?

That would make him a lot like Obama, who bribed senators and House members to approve his stupid Obamacare. Obama also gave lots of public money to failed alternative energy firms. Some think he bribed Iran, by giving them billions of American's money.

No doubt Obama committed bribery numerous times, but you found that acceptable. What has changed?

Do you think I agree with everything Obama did simply because I'm left wing? Give me a break. It's amazing how shallow US politics is when there are two sides and you think everyone on that side thinks alike.

Do you think I agree with everything Obama did simply because I'm left wing? Give me a break. It's amazing how shallow US politics is when there are two sides and you think everyone on that side thinks alike.
You strike me as very shallow, but I could be wrong. Obama was without question one of the worst presidents we have ever had to endure, and we have had many bad ones.

Attacking Trump is fine by me, though he has only been in office a few months. Eight long years of constant lies, corruption, and unconstitutional actions by Obama, hardly compares.

You strike me as very shallow, but I could be wrong. Obama was without question one of the worst presidents we have ever had to endure, and we have had many bad ones.

Attacking Trump is fine by me, though he has only been in office a few months. Eight long years of constant lies, corruption, and unconstitutional actions by Obama, hardly compares.

The problem is that Obama was merely playing the game. It wasn't Obama at fault, the whole system is rotten to the core, and the people don't seem to have a desire to change it.

The problem is that Obama was merely playing the game. It wasn't Obama at fault, the whole system is rotten to the core, and the people don't seem to have a desire to change it.
Big Ears surely was playing a game and he IS at fault.

...but I agree that the system is rotten. The people do desire change...clearly not electing the felon, was a clear example of this. Sadly, Trump may turn out to be just another lying phony like Obama.

Big Ears surely was playing a game and he IS at fault.

...but I agree that the system is rotten. The people do desire change...clearly not electing the felon, was a clear example of this. Sadly, Trump may turn out to be just another lying phony like Obama.

What did you expect from Trump? He lied his way through the election, and he's continuing to do it now. But the system won't change because the two partisan sides have no interest in letting go their power.

It'd be like the NFL having relegation and promotion from a second league, they won't accept it because it would hurt their interests.

Forum List

Back