FORD just ran great ad; I'll be a Ford guy now

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Watching the NFL game Carolina vs Denver. Ford Motors just ran a commercial thanking First Responders (Fire, poilce, EMS, etc) thanking them. I was shocked. Rare that you ever see support for 1st responders so publicly on such a big forum like an NFL TV game.

Im in the market for a new ride anyway. Ford it'll be.

Maybe. Im not picky. I was 100% going to get another pickup. And...I actually do let some stuff affect where I spend my money. I couldnt pick between F150, Ram and several Chevy trucks. Think that ad, little as it may be, just nudged me toward the F150.

You're going to purchase a car, solely based on who they thank in a commercial? 0.o

The intelligence of people who voted in the re-election of a failed president on display.

Actually, Ford was the only motor co that didn't accept the Bush/Obama bailout. They very likely weren't pro-Obama.

But some things are bigger than politics.

I looked at a Tacoma too. Great truck, just didn't feel comfy in it. The older models were a bit small inside.

I really liked the Ram, huge interior. It is down to Ram vs F150. Leaning F150.

I looked at a Tacoma too. Great truck, just didn't feel comfy in it. The older models were a bit small inside.

The Tacoma is the smaller model truck. The Tundra compares to the F150.

From what I hear, the Tundra is as solid as it gets.

I just bought a Toyota because I feel they're of superior quality compared to American autos....sadly

That's because they don't use union workers making any outrageous salary demands and take long breaks, get away with sleeping on the job..The Japanese tend to put a little bit more time and care into the vehicles they construct.

Watching the NFL game Carolina vs Denver. Ford Motors just ran a commercial thanking First Responders (Fire, poilce, EMS, etc) thanking them. I was shocked. Rare that you ever see support for 1st responders so publicly on such a big forum like an NFL TV game.

Im in the market for a new ride anyway. Ford it'll be.

I went back to Ford this year. :):):)

Give a Toyota Tundra a run, it's about as tough as they come.

Corvettes and F150's work well.

Or, you could always buy a Focus.

Hey, those VOLTS really turn heads.

Last edited:
The Ford blue oval, is certainly one of the standout emblems of Capitalism and the Capitalist spirit as it exists today. Go to the All American Quarter Horse Congress in Columbus, Oh and look at the makes of vehicles displayed for sale on the grounds along with the deals they're touting. All Chevrolet and GM pickups, nary a Ford to be found. Ford has to make a profit on its own to continue operating. The GM dealers represented there are playing with taxpayer, ie, your money. Is it any big mystery why Ohio went for Obama? The "Obama Plantation Nation" on display. Its universal ID is the EBT Card, its rallying cry is "We need more free stuff!"

You're going to purchase a car, solely based on who they thank in a commercial? 0.o

The intelligence of people who voted in the re-election of a failed president on display.

Actually, Ford was the only motor co that didn't accept the Bush/Obama bailout. They very likely weren't pro-Obama.

But some things are bigger than politics.

Ford, the one company that didn't get a bail-out. As an obama supporter I thinkl you have to go with the ram or chevy.

Everyone I talked to that owned a ram had to replace the transmission.

I had a 1999 Ford Ranger I used for work as a courier. It was a great little truck that gave me many years of service. It was totaled in 2006 when a garbage truck ran a red light and T-boned her on the driver side. When she died, she had 300,000 miles on her and had the original clutch. Oil changes every 3,000 miles and new plugs, cap and wires every Spring.

If you take care of your vehicle, it will take care of you.

Forum List

Back