Ford Hiring Craze to Handle Green Tech Cars

I'm a Chevy person but God Bless American cars.

Same here. My Ford was built in Mexico. My Toyota in Kentucky and my Nissan in Tennessee. God Bless my American cars.:lol:

Now if Ford could just bring their assembly back to the US, I could sing ALL THE WAY! USA! all the way to the local union hall!

oh please ! GM is the number 1 employer of Americans. That Toyota might have been assembled in Kentucky mostly by a temporary work force making just above minimum wage and with a mostly Japanese managment. Also most the parts come from Japan.

"Other" manufacturers actually pay their people quite reasonably, they aren't temporary, and of COURSE they might have Japanese management, if they had American management 2/3's of them would be in bankruptcy, and owned by foreign or domestic governments. With Ford being the 1 who isn't. I don't have an objection to Government Motors, but when what once was a company which could stand on its own feet becomes "owned", it isn't GM is the No 1 employer, but the government.

Ford

Apparently, all these hybrids are doing well for them. Good to see American Company hiring American Workers at higher than lower-class wages!

Thank God, Obama didn't get involved with Ford..

Study your topic.

That saying came to mind recently after watching a new installment in Ford’s current advertising campaign in which Ford customers are surprised to find themselves at the center of what appears to be a news conference. In the spot, which began airing this month, a pretend journalist asks “Chris,” apparently a real Ford pickup truck owner, “Was buying American important to you?” Chris’ answer couldn’t have been better scripted by Ford.

“I wasn’t going to buy another car that was bailed out by our government. I was going to buy from a manufacturer that’s standing on their own: win, lose, or draw. That’s what America is about is taking the chance to succeed and understanding when you fail that you gotta pick yourself up and go back to work. Ford is that company for me.”

Take that, GM and Chrysler.

It’s the first direct blow delivered by Ford since the two companies emerged from government-managed bankruptcies in the summer of 2009. Until now, Ford had largely avoided any public criticism of its two rivals. In fact, Ford chief executive Alan Mulally sat shoulder to shoulder with GM and Chrysler when they asked Congress for government help so that a collapse of the companies and their suppliers wouldn’t take down the entire industry. Now the gloves are off.

But wait a minute. OK, Ford didn’t file bankruptcy or get bailed out by Uncle Sam, but didn’t it receive $5.9 billion in low-cost government loans in 2009 to overhaul its factories and bring out more fuel-efficient technology? What would have happened to Ford if Congress hadn’t authorized taxpayer money to fund that $25 billion Energy Department program during a moment of crisis for the industry?

Ford Looks Hypocritical In New Anti-Bailout Commercial - Forbes

Knowledgeable conservatives don't agree with you.

There is Daytona. There is the Indy 500.

Why isn't there a Volt 2 mile race?

Because Americans have the attention span of goldfish. So they run these types of races with them instead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNf4iKOMak]Chevy Volt - Drag Racing - Power of DC 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

Same here. My Ford was built in Mexico. My Toyota in Kentucky and my Nissan in Tennessee. God Bless my American cars.:lol:

Now if Ford could just bring their assembly back to the US, I could sing ALL THE WAY! USA! all the way to the local union hall!

oh please ! GM is the number 1 employer of Americans. That Toyota might have been assembled in Kentucky mostly by a temporary work force making just above minimum wage and with a mostly Japanese managment. Also most the parts come from Japan.

"Other" manufacturers actually pay their people quite reasonably, they aren't temporary, and of COURSE they might have Japanese management, if they had American management 2/3's of them would be in bankruptcy, and owned by foreign or domestic governments. With Ford being the 1 who isn't. I don't have an objection to Government Motors, but when what once was a company which could stand on its own feet becomes "owned", it isn't GM is the No 1 employer, but the government.

I can't speak for Toyota but the Honda Labor force(acoording to a friend who worked for Honda) is about 75% temporary workers, some had to work there as long as 5 years before being hired. Japenese car companies don't have to wait till they have problems before they get help from the Japanese government,they get enormous help. Not to mention the slave labor by American POW's during WW2 helped build a solid foundation for their industry.

I can't speak for Toyota but the Honda Labor force(acoording to a friend who worked for Honda) is about 75% temporary workers, some had to work there as long as 5 years before being hired.

The government does the same sort of extended, "term" employee process. What is good for the goose is not good for the....Japanese? Hell, maybe they learned such things from the federal bureaucracy?

TruthSeeker said:
Japenese car companies don't have to wait till they have problems before they get help from the Japanese government,they get enormous help. Not to mention the slave labor by American POW's during WW2 helped build a solid foundation for their industry.

Yes...prior to us pulverizing it from the air. Lot of good that did them in the long run...like say...anytime after August, 1945?

Please....until the "domestics" come clean with how long they have actually been "import" manufacturers, the distinction doesn't matter any more.

Because Americans have the attention span of goldfish. So they run these types of races with them instead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNf4iKOMak]Chevy Volt - Drag Racing - Power of DC 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

And then there are the home builts, a street legal 1972 Datsun;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVTIpS5zb4]White Zombie electric car - Run 2: 10.400 @ 117.21 - PIR 2010/07/30 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNf4iKOMak"]Chevy Volt - Drag Racing - Power of DC 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

And then there are the home builts, a street legal 1972 Datsun;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVTIpS5zb4"]White Zombie electric car - Run 2: 10.400 @ 117.21 - PIR 2010/07/30 - YouTube[/ame]

Whitehall???

:eusa_whistle:

:lol:

Forum List

Back