Ford Hiring Craze to Handle Green Tech Cars

I had recently noticed that in 2013 Ford won't be offering the hybrid Escape. I looked into why and found that it was such a poor seller, the hybrid line won't be continued past 2012.

Conventional engines are getting close to 40mpg now, so it isn't exactly worth spending thousands of dollars more to feel superior.

I had recently noticed that in 2013 Ford won't be offering the hybrid Escape. I looked into why and found that it was such a poor seller, the hybrid line won't be continued past 2012.

Conventional engines are getting close to 40mpg now, so it isn't exactly worth spending thousands of dollars more to feel superior.

I'm not a Global Warming believer but I've noticed something interesting to me. FOX and Newsmax are owned by Big Oil. So they have the obvious "Oil Good, Green bad!" agenda.
If we can use solar, electric etc... to break the back of the Middle East and in turn, terrorists, I'm all behind it.
But Conservatives seem to be AGAINST the kinds of technology that could help us to that end, because of the inlfuence of the conservative media. Not to mention the jobs and riches that will go to the country that wins that particular technological race.
WTF? Do they have no vision or is it simply blinded by politics?
I guess it's the latter.

I'm not a Global Warming believer but I've noticed something interesting to me. FOX and Newsmax are owned by Big Oil. So they have the obvious "Oil Good, Green bad!" agenda.
If we can use solar, electric etc... to break the back of the Middle East and in turn, terrorists, I'm all behind it.
But Conservatives seem to be AGAINST the kinds of technology that could help us to that end, because of the inlfuence of the conservative media. Not to mention the jobs and riches that will go to the country that wins that particular technological race.
I guess it's the latter.

Green energy schemes seldom work and when they do work, they aren't worth the expense. Whis is why so few hybrid buyers will buy another. We don't need oil from the middle east if we produced our own, but democrats are against that.

Democrats have no intention of breaking the back of terrorists. They are allies on the same side.

I guess it's the latter.

Green energy schemes seldom work and when they do work, they aren't worth the expense. Whis is why so few hybrid buyers will buy another. We don't need oil from the middle east if we produced our own, but democrats are against that.

Democrats have no intention of breaking the back of terrorists. They are allies on the same side.

LOL! Yeah and them new-fangled horseless carriages are just a fad! Way too expensive for the common man! All a scheme!
All technology has bugs and is more expensive when it's new. Then it gets better and cheaper. Name a technology that didn't go through that exact phase. Cars, TV's, computers, cell phones etc...
I mean seriously WTF, are you like 100 years old and never watch The Discovery Channel?
Ever heard of the Nissan Leaf? Solar powered calculators?

But hey, I get it. Them thar new "schemes" will never work! Why? Because the god dang DEMS like 'em!
You betcha!

I guess it's the latter.

LOL! Yeah and them new-fangled horseless carriages are just a fad! Way too expensive for the common man! All a scheme!
All technology has bugs and is more expensive when it's new. Then it gets better and cheaper. Name a technology that didn't go through that exact phase. Cars, TV's, computers, cell phones etc...
I mean seriously WTF, are you like 100 years old and never watch The Discovery Channel?

But hey, I get it. Them thar new "schemes" will never work! Why? Because the god dang DEMS like 'em!
You betcha!

Had Henry Ford failed, how long would it take to get horseless carriages on the road? I've heard of the Nissan Leaf and actually seen one on the road! ONE. Never seen a Volt at all. Of all the technological advances that have succeeded, there are thousands that did not. Either they were impractical or too expensive. Historically, technological advancements come without government support of the advancement to the detriment of existing technology. Really, did you think that the government mandated that people stop riding horses and drive cars instead?

The technology just isn't there for the liberal dream of green energy. It's too expensive and too unreliable. Democrats want to wish it into reality and it's just not happening. Instead these companies are failing, the more money the government throws at them the faster they fail. The only benefit is that for every dollar thown into some green energy boondoggle, democrats get back fifty cents in campaign contributions. It's a money laundering scheme. That's all it is. Green energy is a scheme for democrats to take taxpayer money, wash it real good and recycle it through these failures back into the DNC.

I guess it's the latter.

You betcha!
This message brought to you via Skystream. Elect bill ? 5300 sf house. -$80.
The power co. still owes me from the windy season.
When the wind stops the roof takes over. When it's raining buckets and there's no wind either ? I break even.

The 'Conservatives' simply cannot comprehend that the technology is out there to make every homeowner independent of the grid. Better yet, to make every home owner both a producer and a consumer of energy. The idea of a home owner, average American, being independent of the big corperations for the energy to power his home and vehicle? Heresy of the worst sort.

The 'Conservatives' simply cannot comprehend that the technology is out there to make every homeowner independent of the grid. Better yet, to make every home owner both a producer and a consumer of energy. The idea of a home owner, average American, being independent of the big corperations for the energy to power his home and vehicle? Heresy of the worst sort.

So why are you still connected to the matrix?

What do we do while we are waiting to "be independent of the grid" rocky? Freeze in the winter while fat-cat Solindra people are paid off for their support of a fake greenie agenda? America is mortgaged to the hilt to foreign oil producing countries. What do we do while we are waiting to go off the grid, watch our grand-grand kids future get thrown away while we wait for Barry to turn water into wine...or oil?

You betcha!

Had Henry Ford failed, how long would it take to get horseless carriages on the road? I've heard of the Nissan Leaf and actually seen one on the road! ONE. Never seen a Volt at all. Of all the technological advances that have succeeded, there are thousands that did not. Either they were impractical or too expensive. Historically, technological advancements come without government support of the advancement to the detriment of existing technology. Really, did you think that the government mandated that people stop riding horses and drive cars instead?

has the government told you not to drive your car? WTF Where do you guys come up with this BS? I get it. You're old and republican. So this is what you are supposed to believe.

The technology just isn't there for the liberal dream of green energy. It's too expensive and too unreliable. Democrats want to wish it into reality and it's just not happening.
You've got that reveresed. For political reasons, the Conservatives are wishing that technology that would be good for everyone and bad for the ME, WON'T happen. Too bad. it will.

Instead these companies are failing, the more money the government throws at them the faster they fail. The only benefit is that for every dollar thown into some green energy boondoggle, democrats get back fifty cents in campaign contributions. It's a money laundering scheme. That's all it is. Green energy is a scheme for democrats to take taxpayer money, wash it real good and recycle it through these failures back into the DNC.

Um yeah. Right.

You betcha!
This message brought to you via Skystream. Elect bill ? 5300 sf house. -$80.
The power co. still owes me from the windy season.
When the wind stops the roof takes over. When it's raining buckets and there's no wind either ? I break even.

I have a friend who put solar panels on his house. He got some kind of huge tax break for it so it ended up costing him zero. Now he has a SURPLUS of energy! Wow!

What do we do while we are waiting to "be independent of the grid" rocky? Freeze in the winter while fat-cat Solindra people are paid off for their support of a fake greenie agenda? America is mortgaged to the hilt to foreign oil producing countries. What do we do while we are waiting to go off the grid, watch our grand-grand kids future get thrown away while we wait for Barry to turn water into wine...or oil?

Let's see. You're old and Republican, right? Yeah that was hard to figure out. Seriously, that so many of you have been manipulated into believing this is a political issue and "bad" is just amazing.

From the OP's link:

March 28, 2012 – Ford in the past five years has doubled the size of the team working on fuel-saving technologies like EcoBoost® turbocharged gasoline engines, hybrids, plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles globally, and is now converting one of its largest research and development labs as it continues to hire for further fuel-saving advancements.
Ford’s team of more than 1,000 engineers working on hybrid and electrification programs – including Fusion Hybrid and Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid – has grown so fast that the company today is announcing the conversion of its 285,000-square-foot Advanced Engineering Center in Dearborn, Mich., to electrified vehicle development.

• 2013 Fusion 1.6-liter EcoBoost: Projected 37 mpg highway, which would make it America’s most fuel-efficient non-rechargeable midsize sedan
  • 2013 Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid: Aiming to become the world’s most fuel-efficient midsize sedan with a projected 100 MPGe rating
  • 2013 Fusion Hybrid: Expected to become the world’s most fuel-efficient non-rechargeable midsize sedan with 47 mpg

Ford doesn't make that sort of investment for short-term ideas.
:eusa_shhh:

where does one store their "surplus energy"?

Honestly, I'm not an expert in that sort of thing but he's used that phrase often. He's understandably, feeling pretty cool about his accomplishment.
Maybe he sells it back to the power company or something. Hell, i dunno!

I'll ask next time I talk with him!

where does one store their "surplus energy"?

Honestly, I'm not an expert in that sort of thing but he's used that phrase often. He's understandably, feeling pretty cool about his accomplishment.
Maybe he sells it back to the power company or something. Hell, i dunno!

I'll ask next time I talk with him!

On solar panels and excess energy, in California PGE just takes the excess energy on a yearly basis and you start at zero all over again.. Burn the energy or lose it..

I suppose you could store it in a battery bank at your location..eh

Forum List

Back