at what RPM should the gears shift on a 2016 Ford Fiesta auto-transmission
mine are shifting at around 2500
I've been searching, but can't find it
thanks all replies

thanks all replies
Never worked on one, never drove one, don't know what kind of trans it has. Does it shift earlier at real light throttle, or does that not make any difference?

thanks all replies
Never worked on one, never drove one, don't know what kind of trans it has. Does it shift earlier at real light throttle, or does that not make any difference?
..I never noticed it going up to 2500 until about 3 weeks ago --maybe it did---but I would think I would've noticed it.....first and 2nd shifts go up to around 2500, and then the rest shift at around 2000

thanks all replies
I forget, but maybe shifts at 25 - 30 mph at 2500 rpms

thanks all replies
..I never noticed it going up to 2500 until about 3 weeks ago --maybe it did---but I would think I would've noticed it.....first and 2nd shifts go up to around 2500, and then the rest shift at around 2000
What trans does it have?

thanks all replies
What trans does it have?
?
auto ---it's a dual clutch --something ''different

I read there was a bulletin where Ford could re-program the computer to iron out some of the shifting issues. Does it have a power shift transmission?

thanks all replies
What trans does it have?
?
Does the shift indicator say P R N D S?

thanks all replies
What trans does it have?
?
yes

I read there was a bulletin where Ford could re-program the computer to iron out some of the shifting issues. Does it have a power shift transmission?
o--good call---I'll call them ....I should've thought of that before
duh me

main-qimg-68e638b49ff9536e4fbd6b22896a17cf.webp

I found this on qora

What trans does it have?
?
yes
According to what i found out that is a power shift transmission. it's a manual trans that is shifted automatically, for some retarded reason. When you have it in D or drive, does it shift normally if you are just driving slow and not accelerating quickly? Also, do you understand what the S position does? if not it's a Sport mode so that you can use the button on the left top side of the shifter to shift up and down through the gears. If it works more smoothly and shifts at lower RPM in D then it may be normal but since I can't drive yours and have never driven one, I don't know. Call the dealer and see if they can do the reprogram for it and perhaps that will help it. Anyhow let me know if you get the problem with the little morphadite resolved! ;)

What trans does it have?
?
yes
According to what i found out that is a power shift transmission. it's a manual trans that is shifted automatically, for some retarded reason. When you have it in D or drive, does it shift normally if you are just driving slow and not accelerating quickly? Also, do you understand what the S position does? if not it's a Sport mode so that you can use the button on the left top side of the shifter to shift up and down through the gears. If it works more smoothly and shifts at lower RPM in D then it may be normal but since I can't drive yours and have never driven one, I don't know. Call the dealer and see if they can do the reprogram for it and perhaps that will help it. Anyhow let me know if you get the problem with the little morphadite resolved! ;)
contacting them now--I'm not a car guy at all ..grew up poor/etc
I research a lot and try to keep up with maintenance/problems/etc

What trans does it have?
?
yes

This guy seems like he knows what he's talking about.

?
yes

I'm still in 60's mode...this stuff is so ''futuristic''

yes

I can work on that decades transmissions and you are right, today's stuff is buck rogers. I'm current up until about 2010 and then it's all new, however, it's still similar enough that I could adapt with a little training, not that that will happen.

I can work on that decades transmissions and you are right, today's stuff is buck rogers. I'm current up until about 2010 and then it's all new, however, it's still similar enough that I could adapt with a little training, not that that will happen.

...in the 50's to 70's, I guess cars were like the iphone culture and PCs of today = guys checking/working on cars--especially the 50's -60's

...in the 50's to 70's, I guess cars were like the iphone culture and PCs of today = guys checking/working on cars--especially the 50's -60's

They were very different, with only one having any electronic device.

contacting them now--I'm not a car guy at all ..grew up poor/etcI guess

They were very different, with only one having any electronic device.

........these cars last so long considering they get hot/cold/hot/cold--cold weather--hot weather....bumps here and there.....I'm amazed with airplanes and the stresses on them---warm weather take off--to cold at altitudes/etc--back to warm

thanks all replies

You're feeding the squirrel too much sugar.

Forum List

Back