Ford expands, NO BAILOUT!

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I keep hearing how The One supposedly "saved" the American auto industry...

and yet Ford, which received no bailout, is thriving and expanding.

I got to see the expansion first hand in my home state...GO FORD!

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

Chrysler expands. Bailout.

Would Ford be expanding without suppliers? Research the supply chain link of automakers then get back to us on Ford and the bailout.

Chrysler expands. Bailout.

Would Ford be expanding without suppliers? Research the supply chain link of automakers then get back to us on Ford and the bailout.

Research Automotive Stamping.

The only suppliers involved are the suppliers of steel coils and plate...like U.S. Steel, Sheffield Steel, Ipsco, National Steel, etc.

[youtube]ydoEJnwMlnk[/youtube]

I keep hearing how The One supposedly "saved" the American auto industry...

and yet Ford, which received no bailout, is thriving and expanding.

I got to see the expansion first hand in my home state...GO FORD!

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

That would be because ford did not need a bailout. they were doing fine.
However, the head of ford said that if the bailout of the others did not happen, it was likely that they would not have survived, either.
You see, they needed the supply chain that was saved along with gm and chrysler.

Mulally's comments weren't offered as a criticism of Romney. Rather, he was defending Ford's decision to go to Congress with GM and Chrysler in 2008 to call for a federal rescue. Ford didn't need the money itself -- it had previously arranged a multibillion-dollar line of private credit. But Mulally said he believed then, just as he believes now, that GM and Chrysler threatened to drag the entire country into a depression. full article:
Ford's CEO has no regrets about call for bailout - Los Angeles Times

Last edited:

Forum List

Back