Forced sterilization?

If someone lacks the physical and mental capacity to care for themselves they are wards of the state. The state actimg in parentis can have them sterilized. Normally though, a birth control implant is used instead.

Give them that much room and everyone will be declared wards of the state.

There mental capacity did not keep them from getting married so they are not legally incapacitated or have a guardian who consented for them.
In spite of the fact that they have visiting help they are living on their own and therefore have every right to procreate. They are not dogs or cats - they have the capacity to love and awareness to have emotions. They obviously love their children because they are not losing custody for neglect or abuse.
This question seems to be based on the support they are getting from the state and not whether they are capable of caring for their kids. The severely mentally impared cannot choose to live outside of the group home and these two did. They also understood that marriage comes before children. They seem to be more responsible than a lot of people who are not labled with any handicap.
Leave them alone - it may not be the PC thing to do but it is the right thing.

If the only criteria for sterilization is being unable to care for your children, every person on foodstamps would have to be sterilized.

And that's the rub, and that's exactly where it would end up.

There is not a single instance where forcible sterilization has been employed where it hasn't almost immediately devolved into the most depraved and egregious mess of human rights violations. But progressives and negative eugenecists are going to continue to pretend that THEY'LL do it the right way, and it will be WONDERFUL.

It's a lie meant to cover evil.

I'm sure you would. Once you got to decide who had kids then you could move on to whacking the ones that weren't born up to standards.

She's already up for that...you'll find her in the abortion threads discussing all the good reasons for killing in utero.

In favor of the concept, opposed to anyone's having the authority.

Contradictory, eh? Just like modern society.

No wonder we are all neurotic.

She's already up for that...you'll find her in the abortion threads discussing all the good reasons for killing in utero.

I don't demonize those people who have a different opinion to mine. You seem to assume that if someone is pro choice, they cannot possibly be a decent person. That is where you are wrong.

I don't believe a decent person sees good in killing for any reason, nor do I believe a decent person advocates for forcibly and surgically altering people. That is not the definition of decent. It is the definition of fascist.

I don't demonize those people who have a different opinion to mine. You seem to assume that if someone is pro choice, they cannot possibly be a decent person. That is where you are wrong.

You don't demonize people who disagree with you? When did you start that?

The thing is...some practices should be demonized, along with the people who promote them. There are some beliefs that are just so atrocious and foul that it is the responsibility of people to point them out and call them what they are.

Negative eugenics is #1 among those practices.

The world has gone through a lot of hurt because people have refused to stand up against it. Negative eugenics = human rights violations. That's the beginning and end of that conversation, and always should be.

I don't believe a decent person sees good in killing for any reason, nor do I believe a decent person advocates for forcibly and surgically altering people. That is not the definition of decent. It is the definition of fascist.

oh....i see a lot of people who need to be killed.... we can start with death row and move on from there.

Well... i also guess i must not be a decent person... becasue i have zero issue with certain people being fixed.

It's a human rights violation to force people to do it. So if you are for forcibly sterilizing swathes of people based on whether or not YOU think they should procreate, it may.

"
Not everyone agrees on what the basic human rights are. Here is a list of some of the most recognized ones:

Human rights - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pro-abortion, pro-forced sterilization wants to violate 2 of the first 3 human rights listed.

It's a human rights violation to force people to do it. So if you are for forcibly sterilizing swathes of people based on whether or not YOU think they should procreate, it may.

ok.... then lets give them a choice. even EASIER!

do you want the entitlements or not? ..... if you want them... get fixed first.

No one is telling them to do a damn thing..... its a choice of what they want and dont want.

Forum List

Back