CDZ Forced Marriage Happens in Canada

grbb

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2016
If I live in the same apartment as a woman, even if she's my cousin (because they didn't actually put anything saying this doesn't happen if your family) as a roommate, then legally I'm married to her in about 6 months to a year by Canadian law regardless of if we wanted to be or not. Even if we leave the apartment to go our separate ways we'd have to divorce, this makes dating for a period longer then 6-12 months practically impossible, and some provinces put in the caveat that it's total time spent together and not just living together so you have to break up and never see each other again if you don't want to be married. If you divorce you can expect almost all your stuff to be given to the woman in the proceedings, almost every time or a forced split of 50/50. This makes dating absolute hell because you can't just have a girlfriend for years until you're comfortable enough to even propose marriage.

Why did the government of Canada do this? Money.

To hell with government.

What about if people just do not want government to get involved in their relationship and makes their own deals?

Freedom my ass

Government declaring you're married even though you don't give fuck about marriage at all. If that's not forced marriage what is?

Government forcing itself to be the pimp of your relationship

Government declaring you're married even though you don't give fuck about marriage at all. If that's not forced marriage what is?

Government forcing itself to be the pimp of your relationship

It's not "forced marriage" because the scenario you're presenting simply does not reflect reality.

There is no law in Canada that allows the government to "declare" people married.

You sure? I've heard in australia government can declare you are married if you cohabit.

Government can even declare that a child is yours despite the fact that it's obviously isn't.

Forum List

Back