For You Gun Hating Nutters

So you know nothing of that period of history you just think you do

The range wars when Billy the Kid was around didn't happen? No Dalton gang? Butch or Sundance? Jesse and Frank James? None of these people existed? John Wesley Harding? Wild Bill died in sleep aged 90, right? What part am I getting wrong?

Yeah it happened just like in the dime novels and the movies

You do understand that the exploits of those people have been wildly exaggerated don't you?

The Culture of Violence in the American West: Myth versus Reality - Thomas J. DiLorenzo

Yeah it happened just like in the dime novels and the movies

You do understand that the exploits of those people have been wildly exaggerated don't you?

The Culture of Violence in the American West: Myth versus Reality - Thomas J. DiLorenzo

I don't see much of the article backing up your POV. It picks sources but doesn't delve into them.

In saying that, it's a very interesting link. Thanks for posting it.

So you really think one article is going to encompass the reality of the west in this country?
It's a starting point if you really want to know what it was like but you don't

[

So you really think one article is going to encompass the reality of the west in this country?

I've read plenty on it. And while your article talks about laws in mining camps etc, these are only what the ideal was. Sure, those 'laws' were in place, but they were hardly compulsory and adhered to. There were robber barons. There were outlaws.

[

I've read plenty on it. And while your article talks about laws in mining camps etc, these are only what the ideal was. Sure, those 'laws' were in place, but they were hardly compulsory and adhered to. There were robber barons. There were outlaws.
I never said there wasn't but it certainly was not the daily gunfight you imagine it to be

FYI there has always been crime there has always been murder there will always be crime there will always be murder

it was no worse in the so called wild west than it is today

I never said there wasn't but it certainly was not the daily gunfight you imagine it to be

FYI there has always been crime there has always been murder there will always be crime there will always be murder

I didn't think it was an everyday occurrence. However, it occurred a lot more than other parts of the country. And it still appears as though it happens a lot still. Thought time would have moved on.

I didn't think it was an everyday occurrence. However, it occurred a lot more than other parts of the country. And it still appears as though it happens a lot still. Thought time would have moved on.
Yeah we still have criminals who would have thought

And the violence was more a result of the government's pogrom against the Native Americans than it was the people against each other but people like you still think the government knows what's best for you

Luckily we in this country are not so naive

Forum List

Back