for you catman out there

Johnney

Dec 9, 2003
IOWA
you prefer cut, live or prepared baits!
i use all three during the course of the season. pre-spawns like gobs of nitecrawlers!

This by all means isn't live, but round here some of the guys use corn & dough balls. Seems to work rather well.

Originally posted by Joz
This by all means isn't live, but round here some of the guys use corn & dough balls. Seems to work rather well.
when i do that around here all i get is carp :(

havent found out what the cats like here, all that I talk to are Bass nuts. I cant afford to rent a boat let alone buy one. so I will probably break the law here and run 4 poles at the same time to see what works. my luck I will lose 3 of the 4 !!!!!!! Has anyone ever used soap as cat bait? I have and it works! I have used Ivory and that soap you use on your clothes that comes in a bar. go ahead and have your fun.

Originally posted by jon_forward
havent found out what the cats like here, all that I talk to are Bass nuts. I cant afford to rent a boat let alone buy one. so I will probably break the law here and run 4 poles at the same time to see what works. my luck I will lose 3 of the 4 !!!!!!! Has anyone ever used soap as cat bait? I have and it works! I have used Ivory and that soap you use on your clothes that comes in a bar. go ahead and have your fun.
ive also heard that using wd40 and string wrapped up works well too. hell check the net for stink bait recipes. some nasty ones out there...lol

Originally posted by Sir Evil
You guys have to give chicken livers a try! very cheap in the crocery stores, and it is the absolute best that I have used in my area! Best to keep it nice and cold though as it tends to get hard to keep on the hook once it is warm!

Yep Joz, corn brings me the carp also! I did manage a few rainbows on it though!
had decent luck with livers too. used hot dogs a few times, nothing to brag about though. smaller ones. gobs of night crawlers get good results though.

At work tonight I asked a couple fishermen what they used. One said they'll cut bait using shad. The concensus seemed to be that anything with a strong scent would do the trick

yeah thats pretty much it. crawlers are good casue they move around alot... if you dont drown them that it

Forum List

Back