FOR WHITES ONLY - A Long History of Affirmative Action

Toronodo I agree!! I am AA and I want our America to be free of people who do not speak our language. I ride the city bus to work and back home and all I hear is jibberish from Mexs and other ppl who do not speak OUR LANGUAGE!! I believe that if they are going live here we should be able to understand what the hell they are talking about. It's not fair to us that we as Americans have to put up with ppl who disregard OUR WAY OF LIVING!! What do you think?

Learn Spanish, it's not really all that hard. It's fun actually being fluent in another language. Personally, I'm semi-fluent, I can find directions, and stuff like that, but I'm working on being fluent.

What's funny is that that is the same arguement held by Nativists against Germans, Italians, Irish, Scottish, Slavs, Poles, Greeks, Africans and Native Americans. And if I spoke in my first dialect, you probably wouldn't be able to understand me far as us speaking face to face. In writing, it's much easier than spoken, since we speak much quicker and change pace and contractions're fluid.

I was born in the USA and my FIRST language was English and my second was Spanish but as I got older and didn't need to use it the Spanish went by the wayside. I do remember Dos, Quatros...

Caspar, myself, I'm a lover of all tongues. I'm currently very stupidly trying to learn Dutch. And OMG is it hard. But if you learn other languages, you have the opprotunity to make more friends and have a richer life.

Toronodo I agree!! I am AA and I want our America to be free of people who do not speak our language. I ride the city bus to work and back home and all I hear is jibberish from Mexs and other ppl who do not speak OUR LANGUAGE!! I believe that if they are going live here we should be able to understand what the hell they are talking about. It's not fair to us that we as Americans have to put up with ppl who disregard OUR WAY OF LIVING!! What do you think?

Casper, I do agree the United States needs an official language. Not because I'm against Spanish. Its a great language all women need to learn how to speak! Also, I'm for virtually opening the border to any hard working Mexican or Latino who wants in.

How can I be for that and an official language?

Simplicity and economy is all.

Spanish language signs and whatever are fine, and I'm not going to throw stones at my great grandparents who always spoke Italian in their little ghetto surrounded by other Italians. HOWEVER, obviously air train dispatchers, the military, police, and tons of other positions just benefit from the simplicity of using one language.

Once again. I love Mexicans and immigrants. Just want folks to learn the language as possible so they can communicate with ER docs and whatnot easier.
Every 20 years or so in American "antiquity" another influx of immigrants was going to be the ruin of our republic according to the pundits. They have been wrong every time.

The trick is to keep the money immigrants earn in the country in this era of global economics

Learn Spanish, it's not really all that hard. It's fun actually being fluent in another language. Personally, I'm semi-fluent, I can find directions, and stuff like that, but I'm working on being fluent.

What's funny is that that is the same arguement held by Nativists against Germans, Italians, Irish, Scottish, Slavs, Poles, Greeks, Africans and Native Americans. And if I spoke in my first dialect, you probably wouldn't be able to understand me far as us speaking face to face. In writing, it's much easier than spoken, since we speak much quicker and change pace and contractions're fluid.

I was born in the USA and my FIRST language was English and my second was Spanish but as I got older and didn't need to use it the Spanish went by the wayside. I do remember Dos, Quatros...

Caspar, myself, I'm a lover of all tongues. I'm currently very stupidly trying to learn Dutch. And OMG is it hard. But if you learn other languages, you have the opprotunity to make more friends and have a richer life.

You have a point. Where I live there are a lot of Spanish talking ppl and since I use public transportation (buses) I may need to learn b/c that's all you hear.

Forum List

Back