For which sex is getting older easier?

Or more dfficult?

This is Dennis Prager's topic on his Male-Female hour today. I'm thinking men have a more difficult time. Women just seem better able to adapt and change than men.

Men also tend to define themselves by what they do, and retiring, or aging to the point where they cannot do what they do as well - if at all - is a very difficult change.

Women live longer than men for a reason. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that men worry themselves to death finding the remote control.

I think it has to do with all of the poisons we put in our bodies.

For all you single ladies that like older men........

I'm 45, still cycle a LOT, and have a 29 inch waist. I'm well educated, able and reasonably easy on the eyes.

Oh yeah........and I come with my own health care from my retirement, which covers whoever I choose to marry.

Any takers? I'm also able to relocate.

And yes, I wash dishes, do laundry, clean toilets, cook (quite well...Italian is my specialty), and will even do windows if given enough incentive.

If you ain't married by now or still looking you ain't something special.

Or more dfficult?

This is Dennis Prager's topic on his Male-Female hour today. I'm thinking men have a more difficult time. Women just seem better able to adapt and change than men.

Men also tend to define themselves by what they do, and retiring, or aging to the point where they cannot do what they do as well - if at all - is a very difficult change.

I think the answer to this depends upon the attitudes men and women hold, relative to the aging process. If they hold one similar to mine. "there is no age to the spirit" they tend to age well and look forward to the rewards of spending their time, being and doing, those things they had no time for, before. Men seem to have no problem with the little blue pills effect upon their libido, but often their wives do. For many of them, sex becomes an empty experience. These women, often, are not looking forward to their life partners, retirement..lol

Many men and women I know, are having rich lives as they look forward to retirement and less attachment to the grindstone of working their lives away. Others are work-a-holics and these men and women, are not always people who enjoy emotional attachments ( family/friends ) and would prefer to work. It keeps their minds off of those things they are uncomfortable with...including aging. Women as well as men, are also defining themselves by what "they do."

"Beware the barrenness of a busy life." ---Socrates

In kindness,

Mermaid*

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations." Anais Nin

"I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming that comes when you finish the life of the emotions and of personal relations; and suddenly find - at the age of fifty, say - that a whole new life has opened before you, filled with things you can think about, study, or read about...It is as if a fresh sap of ideas and thoughts was rising in you." Agatha Christie

==================

Off topic:

Thomas Jefferson was a Classic Liberal. Meaning that he believed in decentralized government of severely restricted power. In other words, a Conservative.

Only in your mind, liberalism has simply matured, conservatism is standing still. The Jefferson quotes demonstrate he is more modern than most think and his writing are never conservative.

But I understand why conservatives need to go back over two hundred years and redo history, contemporary conservatives Reagan, Bush Jr, Cheney, are pretty bad when it comes to their supposed core values.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government." Thomas Jefferson

For all you single ladies that like older men........

I'm 45, still cycle a LOT, and have a 29 inch waist. I'm well educated, able and reasonably easy on the eyes.

Oh yeah........and I come with my own health care from my retirement, which covers whoever I choose to marry.

Any takers? I'm also able to relocate.

And yes, I wash dishes, do laundry, clean toilets, cook (quite well...Italian is my specialty), and will even do windows if given enough incentive.

If you ain't married by now or still looking you ain't something special.

Was married, for 7 years, got 2 boys outta the deal. Once should be enough for anyone to try that experience.

Still have women chasing me, and can pretty much have some adult time with a willing member of the opposite gender.

Are you stating that YOU are a loser, due to not being married? Figured as much from your avi though.

Forum List

Back