CDZ For what reason are kids having to learn about slavery ??

From where do you come up with this stuff. Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany. Nazi Germany and Hitler’s rise to power are taught in schools there...

Teaching Nazi Past to German Youth
. Yes, and it's taught in Germany in ways to teach the future generations of Germans that Hitler and the Nazi's were purdy much devil's, so I ask is this the same result desired in America against white people ??
Were those who owned other human beings as beasts of burden Devils?
. Their character at the time was, and unfortunately they were white for the most part in the American history books, but to cast that burden upon the white youth of today is just as evil as it was to slave a man back then.

Who is 'casting' that burden on the white youth of today? Specifically?
. Easy "the Demon-crats". And they do it for political and agenda purposes. Everything has been weaponized, and it's coming out more and more daily upon the political scene.

So you believe that every Democrat is telling every white youth today that they are responsible for slavery?

You really believe this?

Can history be weaponized just like our Intel, ?

You remind me of Trump's lackey's talking about 'alternative facts'.

Sure history can be used a propaganda tool- frankly that is what happened in the United States regarding slavery and the Confederacy for about 90-100 years.

Starting around 1890-1900, there was a concerted effort to paint the Confederacy as a heroic stand for state's rights and to ignore the issue of slavery. There were heart warming stories of kind masters and the slaves that adored them, as they sang their slave songs in the fields.

Now that was propaganda. There was nothing endearing about slavery. The Confederacy came into existence because of slavery and to protect the rights of States to have legal slavery.
. Ok, so did the liberals of today LEARN history, and then they weaponized it for an agenda to gain power by way of this method ?? After watching these politicians, how can anyone draw any other conclusions ??

• Yes liberals of today have learned history
  • No- they didn't weaponize history
  • I don't know what politicians you are talking about and
  • Pretty much most people have come to a different conclusion than you.
. You say people don't weaponize things, yet you can't guarantee anyone of this that you speak ? So you just said something to be saying something ?

I didn't say that people don't weaponize things- please don't lie about what I say.
I responded to your points- why aren't you responding to mine?

What is this highlighted above ?

. Yes, and it's taught in Germany in ways to teach the future generations of Germans that Hitler and the Nazi's were purdy much devil's, so I ask is this the same result desired in America against white people ??
. Their character at the time was, and unfortunately they were white for the most part in the American history books, but to cast that burden upon the white youth of today is just as evil as it was to slave a man back then.

. Easy "the Demon-crats". And they do it for political and agenda purposes. Everything has been weaponized, and it's coming out more and more daily upon the political scene.

So you believe that every Democrat is telling every white youth today that they are responsible for slavery?

You really believe this?
. Joe Biden said "they want to put y'all back in chains" meaning the WHITE party of Republicans are gonna put y'all back in chains, therefore weaponizing history.. That's just one example.

I was taught to treat everyone the way I would want to be treated.
That’s a simple lesson that has served me well over the years.

Exposing young children to horrendous acts or events in history, and at to young of an age is the ultimate hight of irresponsibility, and it should stop immediately..

So you think that:
a) German kids shouldn't be taught about Nazi's and World War 2 and
b) American kids shouldn't be taught about slavery and....World War 2, or World War 1, or the Civil War.....and what else do you want to ensure our children never learn about?
. No, not sure what goes on in German schools, but if it is taught then I gave my opinion on why. Then I ask is the same reasoning behind the teaching that goes on here ??? Are whites looked upon like the Nazi's and Hitler by certain groups, and when these groups have power then they try to take vengence out on the whites here through every means available, including weaponizing history ??

Who are you asking this question of? You started this thread.

Who do you imagine is teaching the kids to consider all whites today- in the same way that most rational people look at the Nazi's of World War 2?

American children are being taught about slavery- just like I was decades ago. I was taught perhaps a somewhat more rosy image of slavery than kids are taught today. And yes, kids today are not being taught to venerate Confederate generals are demi-gods.

That doesn't mean that anyone is being taught to hate me because I am white.
. Oh yeah... Well as long as you stay in your place, then you won't experience the hate that others are experiencing in life, .

As a white man who lives in a city that is very mixed- I am not 'experiencing' that hate.

Tell us all about your hardships as a white man- the hate you are encountering in your life.

Tell us all about how hard it is to be a white man in America.
. Do you think that white folks or black folks as children (always wear their hardships or angst on their sleeves) ? Children experiencing hardships or bullying in their lives, don't always exhibit their pain nor do they tell people about it.

So it best that we as adults do our level best to make sure that our kids aren't being exposed to racist bullcrap, bullying, and discrimination born out of the idiocy created by grown adults, who are using platforms to control or push an agenda that is aimed at destroying or modifying future generations of Americans in favor of other Americans. Thankfully I came from a time where the nation was doing much better than what we are seeing in this stuff today, and the reasoning behind everything we are seeing today, is because history is being weaponized for political reasons in hopes that the people can be either brainwashed or fooled into following one party over another.

You remind me of Trump's lackey's talking about 'alternative facts'.

Sure history can be used a propaganda tool- frankly that is what happened in the United States regarding slavery and the Confederacy for about 90-100 years.

Starting around 1890-1900, there was a concerted effort to paint the Confederacy as a heroic stand for state's rights and to ignore the issue of slavery. There were heart warming stories of kind masters and the slaves that adored them, as they sang their slave songs in the fields.

Now that was propaganda. There was nothing endearing about slavery. The Confederacy came into existence because of slavery and to protect the rights of States to have legal slavery.
. Ok, so did the liberals of today LEARN history, and then they weaponized it for an agenda to gain power by way of this method ?? After watching these politicians, how can anyone draw any other conclusions ??

. You say people don't weaponize things, yet you can't guarantee anyone of this that you speak ? So you just said something to be saying something ?

I didn't say that people don't weaponize things- please don't lie about what I say.

That is me responding to your post- when you said 'liberals weaponized history'- and I said 'they didn't weaponize history. I didn't say people don't weaponize things. You just lied about what I said- this is the CDZ- so I will continue to politely point out when you lie about what I have posted.

So you think that:
a) German kids shouldn't be taught about Nazi's and World War 2 and
b) American kids shouldn't be taught about slavery and....World War 2, or World War 1, or the Civil War.....and what else do you want to ensure our children never learn about?
. No, not sure what goes on in German schools, but if it is taught then I gave my opinion on why. Then I ask is the same reasoning behind the teaching that goes on here ??? Are whites looked upon like the Nazi's and Hitler by certain groups, and when these groups have power then they try to take vengence out on the whites here through every means available, including weaponizing history ??

Who are you asking this question of? You started this thread.

Who do you imagine is teaching the kids to consider all whites today- in the same way that most rational people look at the Nazi's of World War 2?

American children are being taught about slavery- just like I was decades ago. I was taught perhaps a somewhat more rosy image of slavery than kids are taught today. And yes, kids today are not being taught to venerate Confederate generals are demi-gods.

That doesn't mean that anyone is being taught to hate me because I am white.
. Oh yeah... Well as long as you stay in your place, then you won't experience the hate that others are experiencing in life, .

As a white man who lives in a city that is very mixed- I am not 'experiencing' that hate.

Tell us all about your hardships as a white man- the hate you are encountering in your life.

Tell us all about how hard it is to be a white man in America.
. Do you think that white folks or black folks as children (always wear their hardships or angst on their sleeves) ? Children experiencing hardships or bullying in their lives, don't always exhibit their pain nor do they tell people about it.

So it best that we as adults do our level best to make sure that our kids aren't being exposed to racist bullcrap, bullying, and discrimination born out of the idiocy created by grown adults, who are using platforms to control or push an agenda that is aimed at destroying or modifying future generations of Americans in favor of other Americans. Thankfully I came from a time where the nation was doing much better than what we are seeing in this stuff today, and the reasoning behind everything we are seeing today, is because history is being weaponized for political reasons in hopes that the people can be either brainwashed or fooled into following one party over another.

Why did you dodge my question? You are the one claiming that that 'others are experiencing the hate'- are you? If you aren't- then how do you know that 'others' are?

Tell us all about how hard it is to be a white man in America

You really believe this?
. Joe Biden said "they want to put y'all back in chains" meaning the WHITE party of Republicans are gonna put y'all back in chains, therefore weaponizing history.. That's just one example.

No- that is an example of a political speech about financial regulation and the GOP

(CBS News) DANVILLE, Va. -- Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday told a diverse crowd here, including many African-Americans, that presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney would "put you all back in chains" by unshackling Wall Street.

Biden told more than 800 ticketed supporters that Romney wants to repeal the financial regulations enacted after the Wall Street crash of 2008. "He's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules - unchain Wall Street!" Biden said. Then he added, "They're going to put you all back in chains" with their economic and regulatory policies.

Its not as if Biden said that Mexicans are rapists- but that some of them are probably good people.

From where do you come up with this stuff. Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany. Nazi Germany and Hitler’s rise to power are taught in schools there...

Teaching Nazi Past to German Youth
What "burden" is there?

White kids have known about slavery for 150 years ( and longer)
. Oh white kids knew eh ? Not my granddaughter until she came home saying she was going to learn about it. Up until this point she knew nothing about it. Wish it could have remained that way. At least till she was 14 15 maybe.
I am not allowed to comment on your granddaughter

That is me responding to your post- when you said 'liberals weaponized history'- and I said 'they didn't weaponize history. I didn't say people don't weaponize things. You just lied about what I said- this is the CDZ- so I will continue to politely point out when you lie about what I have posted.
. You love to throw the word lie around don't you, but could it have been that we just got confused in our exchange ?? Big difference in someone intentionally lying, and confusion taking place between posters. You would rather it be that I lied so you can attempt to destroy ones credibility in a topic, but thank goodness people aren't as gullible as you wish that they were.

You really believe this?

No- that is an example of a political speech about financial regulation and the GOP

(CBS News) DANVILLE, Va. -- Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday told a diverse crowd here, including many African-Americans, that presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney would "put you all back in chains" by unshackling Wall Street.

Biden told more than 800 ticketed supporters that Romney wants to repeal the financial regulations enacted after the Wall Street crash of 2008. "He's going to let the big banks once again write their own rules - unchain Wall Street!" Biden said. Then he added, "They're going to put you all back in chains" with their economic and regulatory policies.

Its not as if Biden said that Mexicans are rapists- but that some of them are probably good people.
. Your interpretation of events are very questionable indeed. Especially your last accusation on Trump.

We know the intent of Joe Biden by what he said, and his Queen Hillary had the same problem. Race baiting is the calling card for these Demon-crats.

What "burden" is there?

White kids have known about slavery for 150 years ( and longer)
. Oh white kids knew eh ? Not my granddaughter until she came home saying she was going to learn about it. Up until this point she knew nothing about it. Wish it could have remained that way. At least till she was 14 15 maybe.
I am not allowed to comment on your granddaughter
. Well it best you don't if you got something bad to say.

. Now wait one minute here... In our exchange, where did I call you a liar ?? Post it.

Did not the liberal run IRS under Obama weaponize the IRS against conservatives ?? I said they love to weaponize things, and yes History has definitely been another one of those things that can be weaponized. Political leanings or biases can be weaponized against individuals or an entire party. The weaponizing of things is when one takes the information within a thing, and they twist that information in order to use it as a weapon to beat another down with it or to change the direction of an election or to fundementally change an entire nation with it. Yes liberals have done this, and others have been guilty of the tactic as well.

History is weaponized when it is taught in a way that causes the innocence of children to be lost, and then it causes the children to begin taking sides against one another as if they were an extension of the problems of the past, and/or a continuance of it. It is wrong.

You really believe this?

. Your interpretation of events are very questionable indeed. Especially your last accusation on Trump.

We know the intent of Joe Biden by what he said, and his Queen Hillary had the same problem. Race baiting is the calling card for these Demon-crats.

Biden of course didn't mention race....which is why I quoted him.

We know the intent of Donald Trump by what he said. Race baiting is the calling card for Trump and his Trumpsters.

“They are not our friend, believe me,” he said, before disparaging Mexican immigrants: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

You really believe this?

Biden of course didn't mention race....which is why I quoted him.

We know the intent of Donald Trump by what he said. Race baiting is the calling card for Trump and his Trumpsters.

“They are not our friend, believe me,” he said, before disparaging Mexican immigrants: “They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
. He was right about the various criminals coming through, filling up our prisons etc, and of course just as he said, "some are good people", and in that add (he knows) that he isn't talking about all within a group who are crossing, but only the ones who are bad is the ones that he focuses on in the crossing group that is illegal. The American people want it cleaned up, and that's what he is trying to do.

. You love to throw the word lie around don't you, but could it have been that we just got confused in our exchange ?? Big difference in someone intentionally lying, and confusion taking place between posters. You would rather it be that I lied so you can attempt to destroy ones credibility in a topic, but thank goodness people aren't as gullible as you wish that they were.

I actually prefer that people don't lie about what I have said.

If you are saying that you accidentally claimed that I said that 'people don't weaponize thing' then I will accept that as an accident not as a lie.

Were you just mistaken- or were you deliberately mis-quoting me?
. I'll say this again, and frankly I don't care what you think about it afterwards... The libs as do others also weaponize things for political reasons. The NFL was highjacked, and then weaponized against republicans by creating huge accusations against conservatives/republicans by way of that format/program..

Why do we think that God wanted not for Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge ? It was because they would then know of all things good and evil.

Once the innocence of their minds were cracked, then the great burden of knowledge of all things would begin.

Keeping our children/grandchildren innocent and morally sound, and grounded as long as possible is a good thing. The earlier their minds are cracked could result in a bad thing, as it places a heavy burden upon their minds and souls.

If try to bend the branches of an oak tree once it has grown up enough, then it's not so easy because (they might spring back nearly taking your head off as an oak limb would do when stretched to far into a direction not suited for it to go). Our youth are to be protected in so that their foundations stay strong, and this way the evil wind can't destroy them when it shows up huffing and puffing.

Man, if u want to say delay education until 6th grade or even high school we may have room to negotiate. The rest is just fables and horticultural analogies applied to beings with brains.

You bring up this big government nanny problem also in that "who is going to decide what should be learned"? Me, you, the school board? Donald Trump? Stalin? North Korea's new dictator? The Pope?

Then consider the problem of keeping the knowlege out of their heads if it is not taught. Guess we gotta shut down Wikipedia and the rest of the nets. We can ask China and North Korea how. Even then the information is going to sneak in

I am soo far from om board with this one.
. Well, you're asking of those for whom you listed above (minus Trump), is obviously very telling about where your loyalties lay, because their way of thinking is exactly what got this nation into the very state of affairs it is in now. So they would just give you the answers upon what you want to hear, but not the answers that are rooted in realities on the ground.

We are digging ourselves out of the holes now, but the resistance is strong. Those trying to stay inside our children's heads is a big problem these days. Undoubtedly it is figured that our children are now the path of least resistance for the liberal agenda, so it's figured by the left to just try and retrain them once they come to school eh ?? Nice little communist teaching, nice.

Sadly you want to go all chicken little in your response above, but that is understood because undoubtedly it's in your DNA to fight the changes that are truly needed in this country.. Otherwise is it that you supported the changes that were not right for all American's over the years, but if Obama spoke then it was like the waters
parted, and you all just stood there in amazement ??

I'm not sure I follow the logic.

-I want to teach children our history, good and bad. So its in my DNA to fight the changes of ignorance?

-The path of least resistance in this thread is to join some kind of "my team can do no wrong" movement and change "Go 'Merica!" with some Archie Bunkers who want to ignore slavery, Japanese in internment camps and who knows what else ever happened. I'm pretty equal opportunity and like to avoid hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back