For what its worth...

Feb 15, 2004
I met a woman whose son is serving in Iraq. She recieves emails from him about once a month.
She told me that what he tells her is going on in Iraq and what the news says are two different stories.
Needless to say, she does not watch the news anymore. She waits till her son emails her for the truth.

God Bless America!

Vote Bush....Vote Bush....Vote Bush!!!

What is the point of this thread actually? Is it to prove that -one- soldier doesn't experience the same as what the media reports? And therefor the media is lying about the general situation in Iraq?

Just think about this for a little bit, how many soldiers are stationed in Iraq atthe moment? And this -one- soldier represents the current situation in Iraq, while the media/news are lying? Is that what you are trying to prove? In that case, you're a complete idiot.

Personally I watch the news, but I don't trust them. I've never trusted news/media for as long as I have lived, but one thing I've learned... It's usually something to what they report!

Sakiris said:
What is the point of this thread actually? Is it to prove that -one- soldier doesn't experience the same as what the media reports? And therefor the media is lying about the general situation in Iraq?

Just think about this for a little bit, how many soldiers are stationed in Iraq atthe moment? And this -one- soldier represents the current situation in Iraq, while the media/news are lying? Is that what you are trying to prove? In that case, you're a complete idiot.

Personally I watch the news, but I don't trust them. I've never trusted news/media for as long as I have lived, but one thing I've learned... It's usually something to what they report!

Not necessarily, if you follow what 'THE MEDIA' has been reporting. :eek:

I'm in college, and know dozens of other soldiers, all of whom tell stories that completely contradict the media. I wouldn't trust NBC, CBS, or ABC to cover a car crash anymore, since they'd probably find a way to blame it on Bush.

Hobbit said:
I'm in college, and know dozens of other soldiers, all of whom tell stories that completely contradict the media. I wouldn't trust NBC, CBS, or ABC to cover a car crash anymore, since they'd probably find a way to blame it on Bush.
:teeth:

Sakiris said:

Hmm. You watch the news but you don't trust them. You have never trusted the news/media.
Whats your point?
My point is just as written. A woman whose son is fighting in Iraq. What she sees in the news is not accurate...she recieves her facts from her son who is in Iraq fighting...not in a newsroom...not reading off a script...but fact.
But of course that doesnt matter does it?
I would love to share your views with this woman. I am sure she would love to hear from the likes of someone like you. Just continue watching the news that you don't trust...moron.

Hobbit said:

Exactly my point. which somehow went over the head of the other poster here. I don't mind others opposing opinions...but to oppose a soldier?? It is disgusting to hear people like that, who sit in their living room, watching tv all day long and say such moronic things. Get outside and see the real world. The world outside does not evolve around your friggen tv set!

winston churchi said:
Exactly my point. which somehow went over the head of the other poster here. I don't mind others opposing opinions...but to oppose a soldier?? It is disgusting to hear people like that, who sit in their living room, watching tv all day long and say such moronic things. Get outside and see the real world. The world outside does not evolve around your friggen tv set!

does sitting infront of computer counts as RL? and does yahoo part of the MEDIA :dunno:

I have two sons in Iraq that I receive daily e-mails from and communicate daily with many, many other soldiers (old friends, professional associates, etc.) and they all tell the same story. What is being shown in the media (yep they have TV over there...sometimes) is not what is really happening. The soldiers I talk to are deployed in various parts of the country, so it is not just one locale they are talking about.

There are dangerous sections over there to be sure but for the most part the soldiers tell me the Iraqi people themselves hate the terrorists. I beleive that. If the people themselves supported the terrorists, there would not be hundreds lined up as applicants for the Iraqi security/police forces.

drac said:
does sitting infront of computer counts as RL? and does yahoo part of the MEDIA :dunno:

Let me word in simple terms for you. We are talking about people who base their views on what is happening in the world by watching television.
I am not using my computor to view the news. I am using it , for this forum - for my work in which a computor is required and to read email.
I am not sure how much clearer I can make that.
For those who view the world through the eyes of what Dan Rather tells you (through his scripted words) -- I hardly consider that real...in any sense.
Hope this is clear.

CSM said:
I have two sons in Iraq that I receive daily e-mails from and communicate daily with many, many other soldiers (old friends, professional associates, etc.) and they all tell the same story. What is being shown in the media (yep they have TV over there...sometimes) is not what is really happening. The soldiers I talk to are deployed in various parts of the country, so it is not just one locale they are talking about.

There are dangerous sections over there to be sure but for the most part the soldiers tell me the Iraqi people themselves hate the terrorists. I beleive that. If the people themselves supported the terrorists, there would not be hundreds lined up as applicants for the Iraqi security/police forces.

God Bless your heroic sons! They are what makes this country great! I am sure you are proud!

Yes this young man tells the same story to his mother....she recieved an email from him not too long ago where he told of how supportive the Iraqi people are...she told me that it gives her such a sense of relief!!

Forum List

Back