for those who would jail me for hiring illegals

To follow up on this, imagine where Mexico might be now if, instead of fighting the current, they'd welcomed the US immigrants. The Texicans were never that excited about joining with the US and only did so reluctantly. If Mexico has handled it differently, if they'd encouraged the settlers and used their influx to build a stronger nation, they'd probably still hold Texas, and probably be in much better shape now.

Your argument, then, is that the only way they could have maintained their sovereign claim to the area would have been to abandon it. :cuckoo:

The problem was that they shouldn't have opened the flood gates to unfettered immigration in the first place. BTW, your history is entirely warped. The Republic of Texas declared independence before there was any talk of joining the Union. They didn't do it just to become part of the US. They did it because they didn't want to be part of Mexico. That's why they fought a war with Mexico over their independence.

To follow up on this, imagine where Mexico might be now if, instead of fighting the current, they'd welcomed the US immigrants. The Texicans were never that excited about joining with the US and only did so reluctantly. If Mexico has handled it differently, if they'd encouraged the settlers and used their influx to build a stronger nation, they'd probably still hold Texas, and probably be in much better shape now.

Your argument, then, is that the only way they could have maintained their sovereign claim to the area would have been to abandon it. :cuckoo:

Not at all. My argument is that one of the best things we did to build such a strong nation was welcoming the 'teeming masses'. It's always been our great strength that we've been looked to as a ready refuge for people looking for a better life. If Mexico had done that wrt the US immigrants, they might have fared better. I think it's a mistake that we are, largely, giving up on that. In all honestly, we might as well take down the Statute of Liberty. Maybe put up a giant traffic cop or something instead.

The problem was that they shouldn't have opened the flood gates to unfettered immigration in the first place.

Then I guess you could make the same argument about the US, that we should have never opened the flood gates, but history doesn't agree wouldn't agree with you.

The Republic of Texas declared independence before there was any talk of joining the Union. They didn't do it just to become part of the US. They did it because they didn't want to be part of Mexico. That's why they fought a war with Mexico over their independence.

Yep. That's right. Except that Mexico rejected them first. That's what I was referring to in my last post. If Mexico had treated them right, they'd might have stayed with them instead.

Last edited:
I think it's a mistake that we are, largely, giving up on that. In all honestly, we might as well take down the Statute of Liberty. Maybe put up a giant traffic cop or something instead..

We have in no way, large or small, given up on immigration, you fucking moron.

Then I guess you could make the same argument about the US, that we should have never opened the flood gates, but history doesn't agree wouldn't agree with you. .

History would smack you in the back of the head and tell you that you are ignorant as hell about the history of immigration to this country, moron.

Then I guess you could make the same argument about the US, that we should have never opened the flood gates, but history doesn't agree wouldn't agree with you. .

History would smack you in the back of the head and tell you that you are ignorant as hell about the history of immigration to this country, moron.

so, what you're saying is, I'm a moron. Got it!

so, what you're saying is, I'm a moron. Got it!

And ignorant. Don't forget ignorant.

When is left going to see Obama is causing more problems then Bush did!!!! You blame Bush for everything. Every president gets something from the previous one. When is he(Obama) going to take responsibility for his own stuff. You guys think he is like GOD. NEWS flash he wakes up and puts his pants on the same way~

I failed to see where you brought up Obama. You never mentioned any president yet he/she claims you blamed Obama? Lol

Logic fail

When is left going to see Obama is causing more problems then Bush did!!!! You blame Bush for everything. Every president gets something from the previous one. When is he(Obama) going to take responsibility for his own stuff. You guys think he is like GOD. NEWS flash he wakes up and puts his pants on the same way
~

I think Obama has taken responsibility.
Taken responsibility for what?
Do you pay a lick of attention to what he says in his campaign speeches?
His entire campaign is based on blaming others.
He even said the American people just don't understand what I am doing( to them).
Are you so in awe of Obama that you simply do not hear anything he says? Do you believe Obama to be some kind of benevolent savior?

When are we going to stop blaming Obama for what Bush set in motion. And will be in motion long after Obama is gone.

When is left going to see Obama is causing more problems then Bush did!!!! You blame Bush for everything. Every president gets something from the previous one. When is he(Obama) going to take responsibility for his own stuff. You guys think he is like GOD. NEWS flash he wakes up and puts his pants on the same way~

I failed to see where you brought up Obama. You never mentioned any president yet he/she claims you blamed Obama? Lol

Logic fail

I did not blame him LOL these left wing nuts like to make shit up in thin air :lol:

Logic fail

When is left going to see Obama is causing more problems then Bush did!!!! You blame Bush for everything. Every president gets something from the previous one. When is he(Obama) going to take responsibility for his own stuff. You guys think he is like GOD. NEWS flash he wakes up and puts his pants on the same way
~

I think Obama has taken responsibility.
Now that is the funniest thing I have heard all day.. Lets see what Obama blames for his responsibility,

He blames Bush, ATMs, Earthquakes, Europe, congress, The only thing I dont see is HIS NAME. He is the leader he should be the first to be blamed. I live outside Jacksonville FLA. Today they fired the head coach. WHY because he did not deliver a winning team.. He was the leader he did not deliver he got canned. Obama promised the moon. He has not delivered and it got worse. He should be canned.

Forum List

Back