For those who think the FDA is a bad thing

this happened a while ago so i dont remember the name of the drug, the illness i believe was a form of cancer,but it relates here....once while watching some show talking about medications,a doctor on the show said there is a drug that is great in treating this cancer,but he said the FDA wont approve it,for a ridiculous reason like 9-volt said,THEY have to do the testing not Europe,even though it has been in use in Europe for 4-5 years with good results.....and the kicker the Doc. said, was that it was developed in the US.....so in the meantime the people with this Cancer have to suffer longer with the crap they have to give them.....because of the FDA's ego....
It was also the FDA that prohibited aspirin companies from printing indications for use in case of suspected heart attack or stroke, and even went to the length of prohibiting EMS personnel from administering aspirin without an ER doc's direction.

Without a doubt, the FDA has proactively killed people.

Big deal.

That you can find one instance where the FDA actually ended up doing its purported job doesn't outweigh all the multitude of times that they've screwed up, and ended up killing people with their dithering and incompetence.

So you believe without the FDA, we would have less deaths and illnesses in the open market from drugs manufactured by the drug comapanies why? Because they will monitor themselves?

like the banks that were allowed to do with their own (paid for by them), ratings...?

triple A ratings given by these agencies, for the banks own mortgaged back securities they were trying to sell off and other self regulatory duties that failed us all drastically the past few years? :eek:

i don't think the fox can police the hen house....even if independent, if paid for by the drug companies they won't be independent imho!

care

Last edited:

Forum List

Back