For those who think only liberals want their BS in the classroom

"...therefore it's OK for him to be unfair'..."

Please explain the 'unfair' part.
You basically dismissed all possible criticisms of unfairness with 'well he was attacking communists so that can't be true'. This I find disturbing.

If, in the process of preventing a bank robbery, a policeman knocks the teeth out of the robber, is that what you mean?
The homosexual may be easy prey to blackmail. The person with relatives behind the Iron Curtain may be exposed to overwhelming pressures. The alcoholic may unintentionally blab secrets.

Are you seriously defending not letting homosexuals into security jobs (although I'm not sure what this has to do with Mccarthy)? That is a weak excuse, you can find all sorts of things to blackmail someone with and if not a damn threat might work. Although it's funny it becomes even easier to blackmail people for homosexuality when you declare it a security risk.

But the system does not—and cannot—adhere strictly to judicial principles, with the "defendant" presumed innocent until proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. For guilt in the legal sense is not involved. The idea is not to wait until the drunken employee gives away an important secret; it is to get rid of him beforehand. “

Yeah fuck guilt, fuck our values we so cherish, we should get rid of all that in the name of security.

It reminds me of a quote from Franklin

"those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty
nor safety"

I'm sure the man would be fine with sacrificing judicial principles though.

If you found members of the USSR fine, get rid of them but to abandon judicial principle in the quest to find out is unacceptable IMO and should be met with scorn not respect.

Last edited:
I must admit though, your posts made me realize the Mccarthy issue was not as cut and dry as I had previously thought, not sure if it's OK to completely exonerate him though.

"...therefore it's OK for him to be unfair'..."

Please explain the 'unfair' part.
You basically dismissed all possible criticisms of unfairness with 'well he was attacking communists so that can't be true'. This I find disturbing.

If, in the process of preventing a bank robbery, a policeman knocks the teeth out of the robber, is that what you mean?
The homosexual may be easy prey to blackmail. The person with relatives behind the Iron Curtain may be exposed to overwhelming pressures. The alcoholic may unintentionally blab secrets.

Are you seriously defending not letting homosexuals into security jobs (although I'm not sure what this has to do with Mccarthy)? That is a weak excuse, you can find all sorts of things to blackmail someone with and if not a damn threat might work. Although it's funny it becomes even easier to blackmail people for homosexuality when you declare it a security risk.

But the system does not—and cannot—adhere strictly to judicial principles, with the "defendant" presumed innocent until proved guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. For guilt in the legal sense is not involved. The idea is not to wait until the drunken employee gives away an important secret; it is to get rid of him beforehand. “

Yeah fuck guilt, fuck our values we so cherish, we should get rid of all that in the name of security.

It reminds me of a quote from Franklin

"those who would give up an essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty
nor safety"

I'm sure the man would be fine with sacrificing judicial principles though.

If you found members of the USSR fine, get rid of them but to abandon judicial principle in the quest to find out is unacceptable IMO and should be met with scorn not respect.

The homosexual question was not mine, it is in the Time Magazine article.

As for the challenge I don't have any names but I'm too lazy I mean busy to look for them so I guess you win by default or something. Perhaps the others have names.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back