For those who smoke...from Dear Abby

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
The American Cancer Society (news - web sites) informs me that when smokers quit, the benefits begin immediately. Twenty minutes after the last cigarette, blood pressure drops to a level close to that before the last cigarette. Eight hours after quitting, carbon monoxide levels in the blood drop to normal. Twenty-four hours later, the chance of heart attack decreases.

After one to nine months, coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue and shortness of breath decrease, and cilia regain normal function in the lungs, increasing the ability to handle mucus, clean the lungs and reduce infection. One year later, excess risk of coronary heart disease is half that of a smoker's.

After five years, stroke risk is reduced to that of a nonsmoker. After 10 years, the lung cancer fatality rate is about half that of a smoker's, and the risk of oral, throat, esophageal, bladder, kidney and pancreatic cancer also decreases. Fifteen years after quitting, the risk of coronary heart disease is the same as that of a nonsmoker's.

Besides, at $5/pack if you smoke a pack and a half per day, at the end of one year you'd have over $2,700 to go on vacation with!!!!!!!!!! - from Moi

Well, I think it's a good idea! and a good post too! Gas stations around here are chargine $6 for a pack!

Hey now wait Jim, there is the one place in Virginia that i went coming home from Florida at $2.65 a pack! hehehe!

Krogers in nashville -on sale $22.25 plus tax @8.75% for marlboros......offbrand can be gotten for less then 2 bucks anytime!!! GOD BLESS THE SOUTH!!!! so much warmer than Minn too

Forum List

Back