For those who said forcing Americans to buy private insurance was Unconstitutional...

The issue I'm trying to get out here is how the supporters of Ryancare who also claim that the mandate in Obamacare is unconstitutional can reconcile those seemingly incompatible positions,

or explain to us why they're not incompatible, or inconsistent.

One makes you spend your money to buy something, the other gives you money to buy something.

See the difference? If a person who opposes Ryan's plan can see that surely you can.

No. If you don't buy the insurance, one makes you pay a penalty after the fact (Obamacare) the other simply keeps the money you already paid before the fact.

You are aware that the payroll tax takes money out of every one of your paychecks FOR Medicare, correct? Where do you think the voucher money is going to come from? Thin air?

I have no idea what it is going to do if you refuse to participate, neither do you.

Stop lying about things you have no knowledge of.

Last edited:
My opinion of means testing has nothing to do with the topic.

Sure it is, your answer to dave makes the argument that if you don’t partake in Ryan’s plan, ergo you lose the ability to partake of the entire medical coverage paid for by the proceeds of the money separated from you via fica…..well, if they means test millions of folks will lose the ability to partake of entire medical coverage paid for by the proceeds of the money separated from them via fica.

Hence the question, do you sppt. Means testing? You are aware that ‘parts’ of Medicare means test already? Are you aware that ryan emphasized same as well? apparently not....

First of all, I'm not among those who think the Obama mandate is unconstitutional, nor do I think the Ryan mandate is unconstitutional, so I'm not the one holding what may be an inconsistent set of positions. The thread is addressed to those who do.

The issue here is the forcing of seniors to buy a private insurance policy vs. 'Obamacare' forcing people to buy private insurance.

In both cases you either buy, or you suffer a financial penalty. Call it a fine, call it a tax, whatever.

First of all? It IS unconstitutional to force people to buy into something they don't wish to...

The rest of your post is acedemic.

My opinion of means testing has nothing to do with the topic.

Sure it is, your answer to dave makes the argument that if you don’t partake in Ryan’s plan, ergo you lose the ability to partake of the entire medical coverage paid for by the proceeds of the money separated from you via fica…..well, if they means test millions of folks will lose the ability to partake of entire medical coverage paid for by the proceeds of the money separated from them via fica.

Hence the question, do you sppt. Means testing? You are aware that ‘parts’ of Medicare means test already? Are you aware that ryan emphasized same as well? apparently not....

First of all, I'm not among those who think the Obama mandate is unconstitutional, nor do I think the Ryan mandate is unconstitutional, so I'm not the one holding what may be an inconsistent set of positions. The thread is addressed to those who do.

The issue here is the forcing of seniors to buy a private insurance policy vs. 'Obamacare' forcing people to buy private insurance.

In both cases you either buy, or you suffer a financial penalty. Call it a fine, call it a tax, whatever.

STOP CALLING IT THE "RYAN MANDATE"!

Republicans voted on it. They own it now. It's the "Republican Mandate".

Does that mean we can shove Obamacare down the throats of every single Democrat, even the ones that voted against it? Wouldn't that be dishonest?

First of all? It IS unconstitutional to force people to buy into something they don't wish to...

The rest of your post is acedemic.

So Ryan and the Republicans throw a few dollars to the elderly. They can try to find insurance, which we know they can't, OR they could buy new shoes.

Guess there is no "elderly" in the Republican Party.

3849689084_ef71b3a8ee.jpg

img-bs-top---batchelor-town-hall_09043999156.jpg
5654701599_2dc494e7dc.jpg
0506-medicarecuts_full_600.jpg

26_ryan_0839_t715.jpg

Of course, there is ALWAYS the "young people":

hands-off-my-medicare-and-socicial-secruity.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Does that mean we can shove Obamacare down the throats of every single Democrat, even the ones that voted against it? Wouldn't that be dishonest?

You have to call it by the correct name: Romney care.

110602_ryan_townhall_ap_328.jpg

Don't you love seeing Paul Ryan with all those Republicans telling them what he plans to do to the elderly in the future? He looks like their "great grandson".

Wonder how they'll vote during the next election?

what is the percent of Americans who like the Ryan keep old people dyin' plan?

You're absolutely right. I just don't want to confuse the high IQ geniuses on the right here who I'm talking to about this.

Why aren't you saying that about Ryan's kill-Medicare plan?

Which forces seniors to buy private insurance...

You should really do some research on topics before you post this sort of nonsense. Not doing so makes you come off as very ignorant.

Why aren't you saying that about Ryan's kill-Medicare plan?

Which forces seniors to buy private insurance...

You should really do some research on topics before you post this sort of nonsense. Not doing so makes you come off as very ignorant.

If the right says the Ryan/Republican plan doesn't "force" seniors to buy insurance, we know they are absolutely correct. Unless you have a lot of money, health care companies don't sell insurance to the elderly. They won't buy insurance because they won't be able to.

New Topics

Forum List

Back