For Those WHO Have Not Understood...

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
... Why a 50 year old dodgy ecclectic franchise like Dr. Who survived so long?

It spent it's entire existance overcoming cancellations, bad writing, horrid special effects, questionable characters, sometimes laughable villains, network derision, critical disdain, deletion of old episodes for profit savings, ostentatious egos and notions so crazy that most normal people outside of British Nerddom and Stephen Hawking don't understand...

This is why.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d941hp6VKgw&feature=related"]Doctor Who: "The First Question" - 50th Anniversary Trailer (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Its hearts.

... Yeah... I know... I'm having fun here. Back off man. I'm an unsolicited pundit.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see they kept Paul McGann as Canon for the series even though he was screwed out of really being the Doctor. Honestly they should allow him to come back in a multi-doctor episode if he's willing. Wow... that'd be neat... an episode with all the 'modern' doctors in one episode.

Paul McGann
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant
Matt Smith

How'd that be for fun, eh?

Or you could say that the Brits couldn't come up with anything better than Dr.Who crap in a half a century. Let's face it, the Brits have weird humor. Americans outgrew gross slapstick in the 20's and overrated comedy shows like Monte Python found new audiences with splatter humor that was about 10% funny and 90% stupid.

This scene tore my heart out...

Rose Tyler- Take me back! Scene Doomsday - YouTube

I dig the show.
That was probably one of the best ends to a companion ever. Even Donna Noble's end was not as gripping even though it was incredibly tragic. Of course... David Tennant got the best 'goodbye' scene ever before regenerating. It breaks me up with Wilf

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2-zrS3Zhk&feature=related]The Tenth Doctor says goodbye to his former companions (Doctor Who) - YouTube[/ame]

Or you could say that the Brits couldn't come up with anything better than Dr.Who crap in a half a century. Let's face it, the Brits have weird humor. Americans outgrew gross slapstick in the 20's and overrated comedy shows like Monte Python found new audiences with splatter humor that was about 10% funny and 90% stupid.
Meh. Brits are masters of subtle humor.

As for not being able to think up something new? How many retoolings of Star Trek are we due for? ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DPR5uryn4M&feature=related]Doctor Who: Series 7 Preview - BBC One - YouTube[/ame]

I loled.

Re: fish sticks and custard...

Daughter made this up from scratch a couple months back. Shortbread cookies, vanilla pudding, chocolate cake cups.

016resize-1.jpg

Re: fish sticks and custard...

Daughter made this up from scratch a couple months back. Shortbread cookies, vanilla pudding, chocolate cake cups.

016resize-1.jpg
I haven't tried the Fish Fingers and Custard.... mostly because I have to avoid Fish Fingers due to chemicals used as a preservative in damn near ALL commercial brands. :( I love them though.

Forum List

Back