For those who don't know what Occupy is really about - Part 2

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
We will be having a series of national conference calls to coordinate the F29 Shut Down the Corporations day of action. Please join us on these calls. We will be talking about national coordination, sharing important information and resources and identifying areas that local actions need assistance with. The next call will be Thursday (2/16) at 6:00 PM PST/9:00 PM EST. The call is hosted through Interoccupy and you can register here.

Actions throughout the country and the Occupy Movement

Shut Down the Corporations - Coordinated Actions

On Feb. 29th, the OWS is going to destroy capitalism or something. Stay tuned. :cuckoo:

We will be having a series of national conference calls to coordinate the F29 Shut Down the Corporations day of action. Please join us on these calls. We will be talking about national coordination, sharing important information and resources and identifying areas that local actions need assistance with. The next call will be Thursday (2/16) at 6:00 PM PST/9:00 PM EST. The call is hosted through Interoccupy and you can register here.

Actions throughout the country and the Occupy Movement

Shut Down the Corporations - Coordinated Actions

On Feb. 29th, the OWS is going to destroy capitalism or something. Stay tuned. :cuckoo:

And, you find this objectionable because you LIKE the fact that corporations own and run our government?

I find this objectionable because I like stuff. Don't you like stuff? :cuckoo:

Not enough to create demand to enable corporations, in supplying goods and services, to ruin our world, our government, everyone elses governments, people's and animals lives. Materialism is bullshit sold to you through a TV screen, which was sold to you as well. They convince you that you need things you don't need, and in the name of patriotism/capitalism (rolled into one) you are only a patriot if you buy stuff. It's absurd. I hate this capitalist/patriotic fervor that seems to have gripped this nation, as if it is going anywhere. If people would recognize the problem as corporations themselves, and their unscrupulous ways of achieving bottom line profits, while having no incentive to be accountable to external costs, we would be a whole lot better off.

Um ok. Do you know what a corporation is? :cuckoo:

Destroying capitalism will put people out of work. Do you like people?

A corporation is a legal fiction created by the state that grants it similar rights as a person (can be sued, can sue), wherein there is limited liability to any single person within that corporation for any wrongdoing.

What is your definition?

I think our monetary system needs an overhaul, as per Ron Paul, but I am not against capitalism, per se, as a theoretical system. It's current incarnation is more of an infestation within our political system though, and represents nothing of free-market capitalism, but more of oligopolistic competition now within most major industries, gaining ever more ground by by being in bed with regulators and big government.

I want people to be happy, but just not Americans, everybody. Our desire for stuff shouldn't condemn workers in other countries to misery, or children to starvation, and this is the inefficiency capitalism is creating, because bottom line thinking disallows for morality, for the most part, unless financial incentives for moral behavior is created, otherwise, the quest for profit is usually a zero sum game: in order for some to profit, others must lose, and that doesn't always mean other firms, but other countries, other civilizations, other people. We as humans need to evolve past this.

Last edited:
My husband and I are a corporation. We employ 9 people and provide a service that everyone needs. We pay an enormous amount of taxes because all profits are taxed at our personal rate, even though we never take them.

If OWS were to shut us down 2/29, people could freeze to death. True story.

Corporations are people too. :cuckoo:

My husband and I are a corporation. We employ 9 people and provide a service that everyone needs. We pay an enormous amount of taxes because all profits are taxed at our personal rate, even though we never take them.

If OWS were to shut us down 2/29, people could freeze to death. True story.

Corporations are people too. :cuckoo:

You are a small sized business. yes, you are a corporation. you have incorporated with the state, but your activities do not effect the market at the scale you operate. you know what I am talking about when I talk about game-changing corporations whose activities actually effect the market in terms of price and supply side behavior: giant corporations. such giant conglomerations would not exist were it not for the limited liability statutes of corporations, because nobody would be willing to risk such exposure.

Corporations are not people, they are a legal fiction. They are occupied by people. There is a clear distinction.

Last edited:
Is this about crony capitalism or capitalism in general? Their slogan needs some clarification. Perhaps the protestors will be able to articulate it better. (Lol)

Is this about crony capitalism or capitalism in general? Their slogan needs some clarification. Perhaps the protestors will be able to articulate it better. (Lol)

I suppose it is foremost about the more egregious problem: crony capitalism, but more importantly, income inequality created by crony capitalism: a class of wealthy people, self-insulated, created, allowed, and maintained by this cronyism. This is how I identify with OWS. Some see it differently. I think they are incredibly important in our time. I don't think they are against capitalism entirely, just the unfairness created by those already in power and with all of the resources, which means big corporations, who wield the most economic and political influence of anybody, and are able to turn the tides and change the rules in their favor.

i am more concerned about the law's passed against assembly and demonstrations....latest laws that allow american citizens to be held with no trial.....to protect corporations against demonstrations is so wrong...

i am more concerned about the law's passed against assembly and demonstrations....latest laws that allow american citizens to be held with no trial.....to protect corporations against demonstrations is so wrong...

I agree with this very much. I honestly see the recent provisions in the NDAA and the SOPA/PIPA as disguised attempts to legally silence such bold dissension in the OWS movement. The governments/corporations biggest fear is an emboldened and educated public. Their response is to stem to stem the flow of information (SOPA) and lock away anybody indefinitely without trial by the military in order to create fear at rallies and protests (NDAA). The power establishment acts identical to an organism, such as a cell, trying to defend itself. This is how you know when you've hit a nerve, and are on the right track...

This is not an attack on corporate America. This is an attack on selected conservative corporations only.

The actual target of this event is the membership of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a group that represents everything they despise:

"A nonpartisan membership association for conservative state lawmakers who shared a common belief in limited government, free markets, federalism, and individual liberty."

Considering ALEC membership allegedly includes many in the GOP, the Koch Brothers, Focus on the Family, the Heritage Foundation and more, one can see why few groups would make a better target.

The PJ Tatler » Occupiers Prepare to Check ALEC Off the Left’s Shopping List

The OWS are useful idiots. I can't wait to see the videos.

This is not an attack on corporate America. This is an attack on selected conservative corporations only.

The actual target of this event is the membership of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), a group that represents everything they despise:

"A nonpartisan membership association for conservative state lawmakers who shared a common belief in limited government, free markets, federalism, and individual liberty."

Considering ALEC membership allegedly includes many in the GOP, the Koch Brothers, Focus on the Family, the Heritage Foundation and more, one can see why few groups would make a better target.

The PJ Tatler » Occupiers Prepare to Check ALEC Off the Left’s Shopping List

The OWS are useful idiots. I can't wait to see the videos.

You can hardly call some of the OWS protesters idiots. Those at the center of the movement know a lot about... everything involving the true power structures in this country and across the world. they are very educated people, and strive to be. Nevermind what conservatives on this board and in the media will say about them. They are simply threatened by a growing populous of people filled with useful information.

The occupy movement is similar to the early 20th century union movement.

And some still call out the "troops" on them just as the corporations used to.

A US president ordered an air bombing strike on striking miners in WV.

OWS are all nuts. No they're dangerous polticial operatives, No, they're ineffective hippies. No they're bomb throwers. No, they're bums on welfare.

You conservative tools need to get your narrative figured out as it regards OWS.

You vascilate between telling yourselves that OWS is something worrry about and telling yourselves that it is a joke.

But you just keep talking about it, don't yas?

OWS looms large in your minds doesn't it? Your angry and frightened posts informs us that it certainly does,

It frightens you that the so many people all over this nation just don't buy into your masters' propaganda doesn't it?

Truly you folks are just absolutely pathetic.

Want to know why you are so damned confused? Why you can't tell if Romney and Newt are liberals or conservatives?

Because you are trying to understand your world by putting people into boxes, that's why. You think of real people in terms of meaningless labels rather than thinking about who they are in terms of what they really do.

G-Zeus! kids, no wonder you're so bloody confused.

Most of you wouldn't know Vladmir Lenin from Ayn Rand unless some talking head told you what to think about them.

You only know what you have been told to know.

Lazy sods.

Go read a book.

Forum List

Back