For those that need a little funny pick me up..Kerry's Backward Bounce

TheOne said:
Don't want to bust up the party, but most of the polls show Kerry ahead and Kerry is solidly leading outside the margin of error in several. What I would be worried about if I were you are Bush's job approval and favorability rating.

article

and we thought you didn't care... :rotflmao:

Bonnie said:
Kathianne, just as I was looking at the pic of Kerry holding the corn Rush was making mention of the same picture..Too funny :cof:

It is too funny! The left has no sense of humor, if it's their guy being skewered.

I agree, people are not going to like this, shows total lack of humor and ability to shrug off a PR problem:

Links to sources to be found:

http://king-of-fools.com/archives/001135.php

In this day and age (and probably in days gone by as well), once something hits the public airwaves, trying to retract it does very little beyond making you look desperate and stupid.

On Wednesday, Polipundit pointed out controversy surrounding Family Circle's Presidential Cookie Bake-off. The wives of both candidates submit a cookie recipe and readers try them out and vote for the best one.

It sounds simple enough but Teresa Heinz Kerry is complaining about her recipe, claiming that it really was not hers. (Judging from the pictures, I wouldn't claim it either.)

I found this mildly amusing but not post worthy until today when I read this:

Update: The U.S. Office of Special Counsel has told NASA to remove all images of Kerry's visit to KSC from all NASA web sites - immediately - due to Hatch Act concerns. These images have now been removed. Luckily, you can download the original pictures here: (links removed)
Just as you think this silly story is going away some bureaucrat finds a way to breathe new life back into it.

What an effective response to the ire of the Kerry campaign. I am convinced that this will put an end to the Kerry bunny suit photoshops. (N. O. T.)
The Hatch Act is being invoked (presumably) because it restricts the participation of government agencies and employees (such as NASA) from engaging in partisan political activity. This definitely applies here because we don't need government employees currying favor with candidates by giving them special tours which are not available to the public the pictures of Kerry that were posted were obviously intended to defame Senator Kerry and cause him to lose the election.

Nothing draws attention to a visible mistake more than a rash and futile attempt to cover it up. If you do something silly, then laugh at yourself. It takes some of the sting away and your enemies lose interest because you have defused the story. The campaign may want voters to remember that Kerry doesn't fall down or wear bunny suits and that his wife doesn't make or even like pumpkin spice cookies. They are not going to get what they want.

Both Kerry and Teresa have been around politics for a long time which makes their responses to these minor issues so surprising.

King of Fools

Forum List

Back