For those that need a little funny pick me up..Kerry's Backward Bounce

Hopefully those Democrats who are not members of their party's substantial lunatic fringe will see the real kerry now that they no longer have their vision obscured by thousands of convention balloons.

:D Lowest bounce in how many decades?
Usually the challenging party and the party with the first convention will get the biggest bounce. Not this time.

Looks like the fake patriotism, the platitudes, and the beachball balloons didn't help.

ScreamingEagle said:
Usually the challenging party and the party with the first convention will get the biggest bounce. Not this time.

Looks like the fake patriotism, the platitudes, and the beachball balloons didn't help.

Not to mention that people just don't like him.! The more he speaks for himself, the futher his numbers fall...

Kathianne said:
Not to mention that people just don't like him.! The more he speaks for himself, the futher his numbers fall...

Im hearing the same thing about his strange wife :tng:

Bonnie said:
Im hearing the same thing about his strange wife :tng:

I guess when you are worth close to a billion, you can be strange as you like. :D

ScreamingEagle said:

Actually...there was a bounce...for the wrong party. From what ive seen the Democrat convention energized the Republican base. we are more confident then ever now.

Bonnie said:
:laugh: :clap1:

I guess Inspector Kluseau (sp) summed it up when he said in a bad French accent "Do you have a permit for that Minkey"?

Thank you Bonnie! You've made all my surfing today worthwhile! :laugh:

Kathianne said:

I am not sure it is that people do not like him, but rather that they just are bored to death by him. I thought they had found the most boring monotone guy possible in 2000 with Gore. They proved me wrong this year with Kerry. I seriously have trouble focusing on his speeches for more than about 5 seconds. Instead I have to read them if I actually want to learn anything about him. And like most here, I am a political junkie. The other 95% of the population that is not so into politics I am sure stops even sooner.

At least with GW Bush, as inept as everyone claimes he is at public speaking, I can listen to him for a few minutes and not have my mind wandering off.

Travis

tpahl said:
I am not sure it is that people do not like him, but rather that they just are bored to death by him. I thought they had found the most boring monotone guy possible in 2000 with Gore. They proved me wrong this year with Kerry. I seriously have trouble focusing on his speeches for more than about 5 seconds. Instead I have to read them if I actually want to learn anything about him. And like most here, I am a political junkie. The other 95% of the population that is not so into politics I am sure stops even sooner.

At least with GW Bush, as inept as everyone claimes he is at public speaking, I can listen to him for a few minutes and not have my mind wandering off.

Travis

You have a point there. It seems to me always a good idea to read their speeches, from any party. Sometimes those most dangerous ones can also be the most glib! By reading you give yourself a chance to analyze what if any positions/ideas are being put out there.

Don't want to bust up the party, but most of the polls show Kerry ahead and Kerry is solidly leading outside the margin of error in several. What I would be worried about if I were you are Bush's job approval and favorability rating.

article

Forum List

Back