For Those That Harp on the Constitution on the subject of Health Care

So what else do you consider illegal considering what we have today that is considered a Government program.

99.9% of what the federal government does. But I am guessing, it could be more.

Well there you have it.. That is why neotards don't want to fund anything.. They want their taxes brought down to zero.. That is why our education is underfunded.. That is why all or most civil programs are under funded.. That is why they don't want a public option for medical reform.. And still these morons call themselves a patriot..

You all are sick!! How about being a part of the solution and not the problem.. That is what a true patriot would do..

No becuase paying taxes on the local state level is fine to fund education but why do we have to pay them on the the federal level since it isn't a power granted to the federal government. In my opinion, all federal funding for schools is unconstitutional.

Oh good. I haven't been able to stop myself yet. LOL

Self-restraint is not highly prized around here, so don't let it hinder you any. ;) :eusa_whistle:

Yes, most of the legal power over our own lives belongs to the state we reside in and even then that is restricted by individual state constitutions. Its a concept that has long been forgotten but should be revived if we are to win back our freedom in this country.
Buh?

The question of Constitutionality of the health care legislation lies primarily in the so-called "public option". The Dems think this is the way to create competition among health insurance companies by providing a lower cost, taxpayer subsidized insurance program.

Actually, it doesn't. The constutionality question is used by those who wish to defeat health insurance reform. If the public option is unconstitutional, then so is Medicare and Medicaid.

I really hope a light bulb just went on over your head.

No it isn't a tool to defeat health insurance reform. We just want it done legally. You can reform health insurance a lot of ways that would make it cheaper that don't require a government take over.

You are exhibit A of exactly what I have always said liberals turn people into. Unthinking babies who don't know what the fuck to do if government isn't there to breast feed them through life.

Bravo Big Fitz. You hit the nail right on the ol head. States should have the power not the Fed Govt.

Freedom, don't hold your breath. You won't get an answer to your question because there is no article in the Constitution that grants the Federal Govt that power.

From what I can read in the Constitution both Medicare and Medicaid are illegal as well. THough I think the powers that be did some fancy footwork to allow the public largess to be used for charity which is expressly forbidden in the Constitution.

The founding Fathers produced a great document and guidelines in the Constitution. Too bad our elected officials don't read and follow the damned thing.

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Constitutional Chicanery

First, there is the fallacy that anything not specifically prescribed by the Constitution is unconstitutional. True, the Constitution doesn’t mention health care; but neither does it mention air traffic control. Is the FAA’s safeguarding of our skies from commercial crashes therefore unconstitutional? Of course not. First, there is the matter of the “necessary and proper” clause. And second, just because the Founders clearly meant to avoid the whole business of constitutionalizing specifically policies--see point #3, below--doesn't mean they didn't want the government to have any policies. If they did, why create a legislature?

More, after the jump.

Thoughts?

Extra Note: Social Security went through the same thing.

Don't Point to a failure of a progressive entitlement program such as social security, which is totally bankrupt and unconstitutional, to try and justify the constitutionality of health care.

That would be like pointing to Michael Vick as a good example of animal care.

Forum List

Back