for those of you who think our health care system is so great

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
his tiny daughter's skin turned blotchy and her body went limp during a lengthy wait at Methodist Hospital's emergency room, Ryan Jeffers panicked.

"This wasn't a simple flu," he said. "My daughter needed help."

Little did he know that the girl was near death from a common infection that had invaded her blood and was raging out of control, ultimately causing the amputation of both of her feet and one of her hands.

Read more: Sacramento girl needed amputations after 5-hour wait at emergency room - Medical News - sacbee.com

you can find many example of poor health care in the us...just as you can find them in canada....uk etc

So surely the answer is the government forcing people to buy insurance right?

who said that skull? did i?

i am simply pointing out to those who hold our health care system out as the best ...who post about horrors in other countries health care systems....these stories exist in about all countries

Iatrogenesis is the 4th (some claim it the 6th) highest killer in the USA.

"Iatrogenesis is any adverse or physical condition induced in a patient through the effects of treatment by a physician or surgeon."

The article mentions nothing about how many people were sitting in the emergency room who did not need any medical attention whatsoever - all they needed to do was use an OTC antiseptic and put a band-aid on a scratch. The mis-use of emergency rooms causes much of the delays for real emergency treatment - but no one can be turned away. There would be even worse delays under socialized medicine.

his tiny daughter's skin turned blotchy and her body went limp during a lengthy wait at Methodist Hospital's emergency room, Ryan Jeffers panicked.

Little did he know that the girl was near death from a common infection that had invaded her blood and was raging out of control, ultimately causing the amputation of both of her feet and one of her hands.

Read more: Sacramento girl needed amputations after 5-hour wait at emergency room - Medical News - sacbee.com

you can find many example of poor health care in the us...just as you can find them in canada....uk etc

jesus christ what a fuc up. :evil:

So you think the wait time now is to long wait until obamacare goes into effect.

Forum List

Back