For those of you who think Obama is a liar...

How do you figure? Everything after "true" would be lying, by definition. I'd say you just proved that Obama is a lying sack of shit. Which statements did he make that got graded as "true"? Every time he said, "My name is Barack Obama"?

Why don't you open the link and see for yourself? Why can't anyone here just admit that Obama has told the truth more than he has lied? Is it really that difficult?

As measured by the statements politifact graded, this is not so.

Furthermore, MOST people tell the truth more than they lie. Even liars do. People who lie the majority of the time are easily discounted. Lies need to be cushioned in truths to get suckers to believe.

If you think that it takes 51% of Obama's statements being lies before he can be claimed to lack integrity that says very scary things about you.

Super scary.

You can't compare politicians to people in general when you are talking about lies. Politicians lie for very different reasons.

And actually, if you did the math, according to PolitiFact, Obama told the truth about 70% of the time.

(I got this number by using the values "True", "Mostly True","Mostly False", "False", and "Pants on Fire."

Last edited:
How do you figure? Everything after "true" would be lying, by definition. I'd say you just proved that Obama is a lying sack of shit. Which statements did he make that got graded as "true"? Every time he said, "My name is Barack Obama"?

Why don't you open the link and see for yourself? Why can't anyone here just admit that Obama has told the truth more than he has lied? Is it really that difficult?

Because he hasn't. As I pointed out the first time I responded, a record of telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth 80 times out of 330 statements checked is a far cry from telling the truth more often than not.

And as I said, half truths are as good as half lies. I put mostly trues as direct opposites of mostly falses. You are distorting the numbers.

Last edited:

Furthermore, MOST people tell the truth more than they lie. Even liars do. People who lie the majority of the time are easily discounted. Lies need to be cushioned in truths to get suckers to believe.

If you think that it takes 51% of Obama's statements being lies before he can be claimed to lack integrity that says very scary things about you.

Super scary.

You can't compare politicians to people in general when you are talking about lies. Politicians lie for very different reasons.

And actually, if you did the math, according to PolitiFact, Obama told the truth about 70% of the time.

(I got this number by using the values "True", "Mostly True", "True", "Mostly False", "False", and "Pants on Fire."

His True ratings are less than 25% of his score.

Mostly true and half true are how accomplished liars get suckers to believe their bull.

Obama is an accomplished liar. I'll give him that. He's not the best liar I've ever seen since his rhetorical flourishes make some of his lies too conspicuous. If he weren't so pompous and partisan he could avoid a lot of his falsehoods but he is who he is. Nevertheless, he does have serious skill in parsing his words in ways which often obscure the falsehoods he is disseminating. But newsflash: skill at couching lies among true statements to make them more convincing does not equal integrity.

How old are you? Are you over 25?

Last edited:

Super scary.

(I got this number by using the values "True", "Mostly True", "True", "Mostly False", "False", and "Pants on Fire."

Mostly true and half true are how accomplished liars get suckers to believe their bull.

Obama is an accomplished liar. I'll give him that. He's not the best liar I've ever seen since his rhetorical flourishes make some of his lies too conspicuous. If he weren't so pompous and partisan he could avoid a lot of his falsehoods but he is who he is. Nevertheless, he does have serious skill in parsing his words in ways which often obscure the falsehoods he is disseminating. But newsflash: skill at couching lies among true statements to make them more convincing does not equal integrity.

You are not being objective if you are comparing his truths in comparison to the rest of his statements. That is partisan. I would be distorting the facts just as much as you were if I were to say "Truths=80, and Pants on Fire=4" There is a reason why I left out "half truths" in my score.

I am 25.

Last edited:

Because he hasn't. As I pointed out the first time I responded, a record of telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth 80 times out of 330 statements checked is a far cry from telling the truth more often than not.

And as I said, half truths are as good as half lies. I put mostly trues as direct opposites of mostly falses. You are distorting the numbers.

I am not. They rated a total of 330 statements, and rated exactly 80 of them as true. Since, as you have admitted, anything less than truth is as good as a lie, that allows me to count the mostly true statements as lies. If I were to be exceedingly generous and count the 74 statements that Politifact rated as mostly true as actually being true then the numbers would be 154 true statements out of 330 that they rated, which makes a truth rate of 46.7%, which is still less than half, and makes him a liar.

I am not. They rated a total of 330 statements, and rated exactly 80 of them as true. Since, as you have admitted, anything less than truth is as good as a lie, that allows me to count the mostly true statements as lies. If I were to be exceedingly generous and count the 74 statements that Politifact rated as mostly true as actually being true then the numbers would be 154 true statements out of 330 that they rated, which makes a truth rate of 46.7%, which is still less than half, and makes him a liar.

It is unfair to take the 80 out of the 330. You are oversimplifying it. It is unfair to not give him credit for his "mostly truths." The "Half truths" in my mind, are irrelevant.

Last edited:
See the second link in my signature.

Every politician tells lies, but I think PolitiFact proves he is a man of integrity.

I don't think anything. I know he is a liar, and a Fear monger, and the most Divisive President in US history.

Just because some Libs put "non partisan" in their title does not mean they are. lol

Any honest assessment of Obama has to conclude he has on several occasions lied to the American people, Or told half truths, or twisted Facts to fit his Dishonest Narrative.

You are not being objective if you are comparing his truths in comparison to the rest of his statements. That is partisan. I would be distorting the facts just as much as you were if I were to say "Truths=80, and Pants on Fire=4" There is a reason why I left out "half truths" in my score.

I am 25.

It is not partisan to recognize fudging of the truth as falsehood.

You are betraying your own lack of understanding of how liars accomplish their goals.

It is not black and white.

Obama is a skilled distorter of the truth.

He spent all those years in school and at lecterns learning how to effectively communicate what he wants to communicate, how to include just enough truth to make it believable to those who are susceptible to being awed by his rhetoric and who are willing to not look beneath the surface and challenge the details.

Now that you have confirmed your youth it is not so scary that you excuse partial truths as irrelevant to this debate. It's understandable at your stage in life.

But half-true is still wrong. It's still unworthy. Obama should use his intellect to be more truthful, not to figure out how to sandwich lies in between truths, and not to try to slither around the questionable statements when he's challenged on them.

I am 25.

How is me rating all of his statements based on whether they are true or not being partisan? I apply the same standard to everyone, which means that Mitt Romney is actually more of a liar than Obama since he only told the truth 23.5% of the time. I accepted that all politicians are liars a long time before you were born, you should do the same. Trying to defend anyone will make you look like an idiot.

By the way, if I applied your standards for the lesser of the evils I would vote for Ron Pal since he only lies 25% of the time. Please note, this is all assuming I accept Politifact as an arbiter of truth, which I do not. Just to show you that my decision to reject Politifact as what they claim to be is not partisan I give you Glenn Greenwald's analysis og one of Ron Paul's lies I just counted against him.

PolitiFact and the scam of neutral expertise - Salon.com

Last edited:
See the second link in my signature.

Every politician tells lies, but I think PolitiFact proves he is a man of integrity.

I don't think anything. I know he is a liar, and a Fear monger, and the most Divisive President in US history.

Just because some Libs put "non partisan" in their title does not mean they are. lol

Any honest assessment of Obama has to conclude he has on several occasions lied to the American people, Or told half truths, or twisted Facts to fit his Dishonest Narrative.

^^^^^^

Definitely

It is unfair to take the 80 out of the 330. You are oversimplifying it. It is unfair to not give him credit for his "mostly truths." The "Half truths" in my mind, are irrelevant.

Me, taking the numbers that actually exist, is partisan

You, dismissing anything that is inconvenient, is totally rational and a great example of critical thinking.

:eusa_whistle:

I am 25.

You are betraying your own lack of understanding of how liars accomplish their goals.

He spent all those years in school and at lecterns learning how to effectively communicate what he wants to communicate, how to include just enough truth to make it believable to those who are susceptible to being awed by his rhetoric and who are willing to not look beneath the surface and challenge the details.

Now that you have confirmed your youth it is not so scary that you excuse partial truths as irrelevant to this debate. It's understandable at your stage in life.

But half-true is still wrong. It's still unworthy. Obama should use his intellect to be more truthful, not to figure out how to sandwich lies in between truths, and not to try to slither around the questionable statements when he's challenged on them.

Again, if we are comparing one politician (Obama), to another politician, Obama has integrity. Has Obama purposefully disorted the truth? Of course he has. He is a politician.

You also must keep in my mind that politicans are not always perfect when it comes to trying to tell the truth. Often times there are simply facts they are missing out on.

And Christ, don't use my youth as an excuse that I don't know what I am talking about. That is such a cop-out.

You, dismissing anything that is inconvenient, is totally rational and a great example of critical thinking.

If we were using our critical thinking skils, windbag, we would understand that if we are to examine his mostly false statements, we must also examine his mostly true statements.

If we were using our critical thinking skils, windbag, we would understand that if we are to examine his mostly false statements, we must also examine his mostly true statements.

No, if we were actually using critical thinking, the first thing we would do is look at the source of the rating. Since that is obviously to difficult for you, I decided to simply assume that the ratings are 100% accurate and simply use them to destroy your argument that Obama is not a liar.

By the way, in order to prove he is a lair all I have to do is prove he lied once. That one statement, being a lie, would negate any argument that he is not a liar, even if you provided documentation that he made 8 billion statements that were completely true. That simply element of critical thinking actually destroyed your argument before you even managed to finish typing it, never mind anyone actually responding to it. In other words, to prove he is not a liar you have to prove that everything he says is true, not just most of it.

I am 25.

Again, if we are comparing one politician (Obama), to another politician, Obama has integrity. Has Obama purposefully disorted the truth? Of course he has. He is a politician.

You also must keep in my mind that politicans are not always perfect when it comes to trying to tell the truth. Often times there are simply facts they are missing out on.

And Christ, don't use my youth as an excuse that I don't know what I am talking about. That is such a cop-out.

Sorry. Gotta use your youth. Because that is the only way you get credit for the naive (and false) claim that Obama has integrity and that "Mostly True" and "Half True" are irrelevant in the assessment of someone's veracity.

If you don't understand that Mostly True and Half True are KEY to how liars sell their wares, then you are ignorant.

Youth is an excuse for ignorance. If you continue to believe as you do for the next 10 years, then you will be inexcusably ignorant.

But excusable or not, your current position is ignorant. Plain and simple.

Forum List

Back